PDA

View Full Version : Pondless columns after a year.

ANC Stone Creations
09-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Here is a picture of a pondless water column install we did a little over a year ago.

What do you think?

Kennedy Landscaping
09-21-2008, 10:57 PM
I see cords

jdmcat
09-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Those look fabricated, the ones I've seen are basalt. They are interesting but not my favorite water feature.

Toker
09-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Months ago I commented I had never seen one of these done around here.
I can say that remains the case today too.

I got not a clue what they should look like, how a market even exists for just a column escapes my tiny mind. I'm sure this looks as it should since comments remain light here - me, I just can't understand why one would pay hard earned money for something like these things. If you can get $$$ doing these I need the secret to it.

I think maybe I'm getting the dilema this country is facing - to much $$$ in some peoples hands while the rest of us work:laugh:

ANC Stone Creations
09-22-2008, 06:50 PM
All the cords you see are from the home-owner trying to add some lighting to the feature.
This is a prime example of a home-owner wiring mess.

ANC Stone Creations
09-22-2008, 07:24 PM
What makes this system nice is, it is very low maintenance.

Most people that want a water feature do not want the maintenance of a water feature.
Also with this pondless application you will not need huge areas to have a water feature.

All of our installs to date, the customers wanted the sound of water with an affordable price to purchase as well as operate.

These columns can be installed in just one day.
I can install 6' columns all day with no access for heavy machines, because they are hollow.

I bet if you talked to some of your customers and showed them some pictures, they would love to have one as well.

Kennedy Landscaping
09-24-2008, 10:44 PM
They did make a wiring mess. They should've rain it in PVC or conduit under the ground.

Tyler7692
09-25-2008, 04:17 PM
I don't see the point in these....

look cheap and generic, not to mention, completely unnatural

ANC Stone Creations
09-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Check out our other ones under more water column pictures.
They are a little different style, like columbia basalt.

mdvaden
09-26-2008, 03:22 AM
Columns are cool.

I just did a four foot tall one in front of our house, and am starting to mass plant perennials and ferns around it.

Birds land on it all day long.

Hummningbirds first, crows next, then other birds and a small flock of green ones that use it all day long.

Placed it below the living room window above, which is also outside the downstairs den room window looking up at the back of it. Water cascades down all sides.

Columns are fairly popular here, both real and artificial.