PDA

View Full Version : Organic forms of sulfur?

JDUtah
09-20-2008, 10:54 PM
Anyone familiar with a way to increase sulfate(available sulfur) organically?

Thanks.

growingdeeprootsorganicly
09-20-2008, 11:21 PM
elemental sulfur, gypsum

DUSTYCEDAR
09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
what he said

treegal1
09-22-2008, 09:28 PM
I just want some one to turn lead into gold.LOLOL

ICT Bill
09-22-2008, 11:23 PM
What is the application, there are several ways to do it

In a pond, in a savanah, in the back yard, on a farm, or for turf, maybe shrubs

and why? are you trying to adjust PH, please be more specific

Opened ended questions can have only opened ended answers

Marcos
09-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Just take all of the leftover FIREWORKS that you can find lying around in your yard after the 4th of July, and mix them into your compost pile! :rolleyes:

treegal1
09-22-2008, 11:33 PM
that or the sh*T I started over in the sponsors forum

treegal1
09-22-2008, 11:36 PM
instant compost just add LS,

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=247025

its like a 7 year old telling about a spill, kind of cute in a stinky way...........

ICT Bill
09-23-2008, 09:25 AM
instant compost just add LS,

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=247025

its like a 7 year old telling about a spill, kind of cute in a stinky way...........

So you can kill everything in your yard AND contaminate your well at the same time, where can I buy this wonderful product

I especially like this at the end "DuPont is a science-based products and services company. Founded in 1802, DuPont puts science to work by creating sustainable solutions essential to a better, safer, healthier life for people everywhere. "

Didn't one of their plants in India kill like 10,000 people a few years back, safe and sustainable wow what a company !!! ESSENTIAL, of course, I should have realized

DUSTYCEDAR
09-23-2008, 09:34 AM
DuPont only know how to blow up stuff gunpowder

treegal1
09-23-2008, 10:19 AM
no that was union carbide, but make no mistake, dupont has had its share of folly's, try DDT and a few years ago it was the Teflon thing, then more recently it was a steel plant in Brazil.

that's ok the mods deleted the first posts, but not before they are out on the net, funny thing is I log on with TG to a lot of sites, and just recently optimized all the search engines to show all TG posts. hahahaha,rofl its called truth!!! some times it works with integrity.

treegal1
09-23-2008, 10:20 AM
JD very sorry about the hijack

JDUtah
09-23-2008, 11:33 AM
I know, just drink it and build up an immunity! Then it wont matter if it is in the water!!

disclaimer *Not to be read by children*

JDUtah
09-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Ah tree, I don't mind hijacks, I do it all the time. :wave:

Question on the sulfur... so generally gypsum can be assumed to be just harvested and packaged and hence organic... no synthesis in this process?

Bill,

The question is regarding Utah soils. One of the extension office agg departments did a county wide series of soil tests and is finding a sulfate deficiency across the board.

Just made me curious in case I run into problems for my turf. :)

Thanks for the replys.

Marcos
09-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Anyone familiar with a way to increase sulfate(available sulfur) organically?

Thanks.

I just remembered something (constructive:rolleyes:) to add here....

A fellow that I used to work for when I was still in high school used to use copious amounts of cottonseed meal whenever we planted acid-loving things like azalea, rhodos, boxwood, holly, etc.
He taught me well!
I still do this once in a while today...if I can find the stuff (which, you can imagine, is NOT easy to do around these parts!)

Up here in SW Ohio where the soil is generally very alkaline clay-based, it is especially important to do things to increase the "pore size" of the soil, in general, so that there's good drainage away from root balls, and in turf in general.
That's why I'm always doing things around here with course sand, and / or compost....to try to "loosen things up", to allow for the possibility of some air to naturally get into the soil later.