PDA

View Full Version : Couple more 40 plus VTS pics on 216 Cat

KRtraxx
09-20-2008, 10:45 PM
The performance of both the 216 Cat and the 175 New Holland amazed the guys who drove them with this new style 15"VTS. I seriously doubt I will do much promoting of any factory track machines in this size class after running these units.Will be trying them on a Cat 226,Gehl 4640 and a Bobcat 185 shortly..
By the way I guess the proper Loegering name for these units is the "40 Plus VTS"

stuvecorp
09-20-2008, 10:49 PM
What was the width on the 175?

KRtraxx
09-20-2008, 10:59 PM
What was the width on the 175?

It ended up being 74". Loegering called for inch and a half spacers on it but we found we didnt need them on this unit so we saved 3 inches.
The Cat ended up being just under 72".We did require spacers on this unit.But I think we could get by with 1" instead of the One and a halfs ...

stuvecorp
09-20-2008, 11:11 PM
How wide would a 15" set be on a 420? Did you increase NH's market share this week(wink,wink)?

bobcat_ron
09-21-2008, 12:06 PM
How wide are the 216 and 226 after the VTS is on?

KRtraxx
09-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I dont know the Case 420 width yet..Not all the specs are printed up for this yet.I am going to guess about 72-73" with this new 40 plus..
The Cat 216 and 226 ended up being about 71"..A 72" bucket covered it well and it handled it extremely well. I think on a 226 it will outperform the 247 in most if not all conditions.This is most evident in wet conditions where the VTS wants to climb on top the soil with its attack angle on the front of the track being much better.
Add to this the superior trade value of a wheeled skid and the MUCH lower operating costs of the VTS and this combo is a sure winner...

bobcat_ron
09-22-2008, 09:02 AM
What about the weight of the VTS frames?

KRtraxx
09-22-2008, 09:36 AM
They are 905# per side..

AMCAT
09-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Ktraxx is this system available from loegering or where did you buy these systems ???

KRtraxx
09-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Ktraxx is this system available from loegering or where did you buy these systems ???

Yes you can get them from Loegering soon..Its not on their website yet as these 2 sets were two of the first ones for demo in the midwest. I have sold and serviced all the VTSs since the day they came out. PM me if you want my phone number.I will gladly answer any and all questions on these you have..I am a sales rep for ASV,Mustang and New Holland but tracks of all kinds for skids are my specialty..

AMCAT
09-22-2008, 10:37 AM
How will these systems compare price wise to the older style of VTS Also
is the wheel base length easier to adjust then the older models ???

KRtraxx
09-22-2008, 09:08 PM
How will these systems compare price wise to the older style of VTS Also
is the wheel base length easier to adjust then the older models ???

Price will depend on if you need wheel spacers or not.Some do,some dont..With spacer "list price" is about 14,200.. app.13,800 without them.Keep in mind these are preliminary list prices at this point and subject to change....
Wheelbase adjusting has also been addressed. Bolts still hold the main tunnel together,but there is a turn buckle style adjuster for setting how long or short you want the frame to be..Definately an improvement..

finegrade
10-15-2008, 07:36 PM
KTraxx,

Do they have for the S130 Bobcat?
Can you post some more pictures, do you have a video online of it?

Thanks,
Finegrade

KRtraxx
10-16-2008, 08:20 AM
I will check on putting one on a 130..I never did one(a 130 install) myself yet.I am not sure if they consider it enough HP or not..I will write you back tonite on this and get you a pic if they have one.No info or videos online that I know of yet.. Dale@KR

AMCAT
10-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Have you had these tracks on 4640 Gehl like you mentioned earlier in this thread if you have i would like photo's of it & also feedback on performance

thanks

KRtraxx
10-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Have you had these tracks on 4640 Gehl like you mentioned earlier in this thread if you have i would like photo's of it & also feedback on performance

thanks

Unfortunately we never did get them on the 4640 Gehl..He decided to run his 216 Cat one more year with the 40 Plus VTS on it and trade next summer for the 4640. The 4640 is close to the same physical size as the Cat 216 and 226 But with the turbo model has 60HP versus 49 and 56 for the Cat models.The Gehls do put down excellent wheel torque and the combo of their pilot controls and the VTS work nicely.(they turn well with less driver input than some others on the market) We learned this from operating the 4640 and 4840 with the older 12" VTS system. I dont normally sell many Gehls,But I have to admit their performance with the VTS is excellent.(Wheel torque and pilot control performance)
Will get you a pic of the 40 Plus on the 4640 if I can..Hopefully I will get a request for a demo on one and we can put the combo to the test..

KRtraxx
10-16-2008, 07:41 PM
KTraxx,

Do they have for the S130 Bobcat?
Can you post some more pictures, do you have a video online of it?

Thanks,
Finegrade

Yes you can put one on a S130..at 49HP it will not be a super power house but if it performs as well as it did on the 216 Cat(49HP also) you would be very satisfied. Pics are in short supply as is on line info.The units are just to few yet.I will post everything I get..as soon as I have it... Thanks for asking

mdterp
10-16-2008, 09:12 PM
does the system cause trouble with the chain drive on the skids? I would think you would get more torque out of it and it would stress the drive chains.
do any of the manufactures have trouble with these systems going on there machines? warranty issue, etc

KRtraxx
10-17-2008, 05:34 AM
does the system cause trouble with the chain drive on the skids? I would think you would get more torque out of it and it would stress the drive chains.
do any of the manufactures have trouble with these systems going on there machines? warranty issue, etc

Of all the units I have sold I have had one drive chain failure on a 110HP 7800 Gehl(loose chain). The most important thing to maintain if you have a VTS on is the drive chain tension.Yes, you are putting more strain on the drive chains.It has not been a problem at all if the chains are not loose and slapping when you change directions.The part that surprized me is that they really didnt need any more often adjustment than with regular wheels or steel tracks over the tires..
Bobcat co. has not been overly fond of the VTS but that may change with the new owner company I heard. Cat actually has one model with 2 rear drive chains to accomodate the VTS(but no 2 speed,go figure). NH and Case do not endorse it but have not said no to their customers who use them. Gehl and Mustang actually have been endorsing the product to a degree.A LOT of a warranty claims if you have a VTS on depends on the dealer.Some dealers if they are selling you a new skid AND a new VTS want to put the sale on seperate paper so the skid manufacturer has no record of the unit having a VTS.Just in case..
All the above statements are my "opinion" from my exposure to the skid market for the last ten years and are not statements from any of the manufactures named.Your respective skid dealer will have to answer that one for you to be accurate I guess.
Logering themselves does sell a final drive warranty(chains,hubs and bearings I think) for skids that have the VTS on them for any interested customers. I myself have never sold a one of these..Lack of problems has led me NOT to ,but its availible.