PDA

View Full Version : L.L.E. Pics, landscaping and mowing

Lawn Enforcer
09-21-2008, 01:16 AM
I've been pretty busy lately, but I thought I would throw some mowing and landscaping pics up here. The first pics are "BEFORE"

Lawn Enforcer
09-21-2008, 01:17 AM
Another "BEFORE" shot.......

Lawn Enforcer
09-21-2008, 01:18 AM
"AFTER" sorry if some of the pics are blurry, crappy camera

Lawn Enforcer
09-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Another "AFTER" pic, I have some more that I'll put up later

Lawn Enforcer
09-21-2008, 01:21 AM
A commercial property that I did last week

Lawn Enforcer
09-21-2008, 01:24 AM
Another quick pic that I snapped, finally, green grass to mow

DoetschOutdoor
09-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Nice work, just straighten them babies out.

Lawn Enforcer
09-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Nice work, just straighten them babies out.

Thanks, it's great to finally have green grass to mow after a summer of brown.

deere615
09-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Nice work especially for your age!

Lawn Enforcer
09-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Nice work especially for your age!

Thanks, I learned a lot on this project, it was really fun.

02DURAMAX
09-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Looks Good...But still dont see any stripes.

RedMax Man
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
The commercial account should make you some decent $$$

Lawn Enforcer
09-22-2008, 09:29 PM
The commercial account should make you some decent $$$

Yeah, it's my main money maker. Too many snakes at that property though

Lawn Enforcer
09-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Looks Good...But still dont see any stripes.

You may like stripes, but a lot of people I mow for don't really like stripes. Contrary to what you may think, some people don't like stripes.

RedMax Man
09-22-2008, 10:04 PM
You may like stripes, but a lot of people I mow for don't really like stripes. Contrary to what you may think, some people don't like stripes.

Funny, one of my residential clients called me last week to say that we did a fantastic job cutting their lawn and the stripes looked awesome. Then she said tell your helper he does a very good job trimming and edging. gotta keep 'em happy they are a great customer. thats the only reason why she called and said she just wanted me to know that.:)

RedMax Man
09-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah, it's my main money maker. Too many snakes at that property though

found a snake in a pool today.

02DURAMAX
09-22-2008, 11:50 PM

Now don't just say that because you cant get your mower to stripe....

RedMax Man
09-23-2008, 03:07 PM

Probably the customers havent seen stripes before so they don't even know what they are and it sounds wierd to them.

LawnMowerKing10
09-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Some mower pics would be great! nice work!

Lawn Enforcer
09-23-2008, 08:05 PM

I could get my mower to stripe, I just haven't had the time to get a stripe kit together. My old Toro Proline 44" used to stripe and some of my customers didn't like the "attention" that it brought to the lawn, they just wanted a nice clean cut.

Lawn Enforcer
09-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Some mower pics would be great! nice work!

Look at my threads, -l.l.e. 2008- there you can see all my pics

KCfireman
09-23-2008, 08:13 PM
I could get my mower to stripe, I just haven't had the time to get a stripe kit together. My old Toro Proline 44" used to stripe and some of my customers didn't like the "attention" that it brought to the lawn, they just wanted a nice clean cut.i have never in 7 years of mowing hear a customer from my company or anothers say they dont like stripes cause it draws attention!! But we live in two completely different places so i guess its different with everyone.

Lawn Enforcer
09-23-2008, 08:31 PM
i have never in 7 years of mowing hear a customer from my company or anothers say they dont like stripes cause it draws attention!! But we live in two completely different places so i guess its different with everyone.

It seemed like my oldest customers don't like it. My Dad (who owns 1/2 the biz and does a lot of work with mowing) doesn't like stripes on a lawn, only on a ball field. He prefers a perfect, pristine cut like our Everrides deliver.

KCfireman
09-23-2008, 08:33 PM
It seemed like my oldest customers don't like it. My Dad (who owns 1/2 the biz and does a lot of work with mowing) doesn't like stripes on a lawn, only on a ball field. He prefers a perfect, pristine cut like our Everrides deliver.nothing like a crisp clean stripe on a ball field. Too bad our football turf is pre-striped at our stadium so it really doesnt have the look to it.

Lawn Enforcer
09-23-2008, 08:35 PM
nothing like a crisp clean stripe on a ball field. Too bad our football turf is pre-striped at our stadium so it really doesnt have the look to it.

Our field has incredible grass. I've played on field-turf before, and I still prefer natural grass.

KCfireman
09-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Our field has incredible grass. I've played on field-turf before, and I still prefer natural grass.
so do i. Field turf get's incredibly hot during the summer cause its rubber! Your feet reach well about 100 degrees. The only problem with real grass is that when it gets cold it really hurts when your on the bottom of the pile or if you land hard on it.

Lawn Enforcer
09-23-2008, 09:28 PM
so do i. Field turf get's incredibly hot during the summer cause its rubber! Your feet reach well about 100 degrees. The only problem with real grass is that when it gets cold it really hurts when your on the bottom of the pile or if you land hard on it.

But no matter what, natural grass wins hands down any day!

deere615
09-23-2008, 09:39 PM

And you get major brush burns when you fall!

oakwdman
09-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Field turf might get hot but its definatley the best artificial surface out there IMO. Feels and gives just like natural grass. It's the best when the field has been played on for a while and the rubber pellets get mixed in really well.

02DURAMAX
09-24-2008, 12:37 AM
I could get my mower to stripe, I just haven't had the time to get a stripe kit together. My old Toro Proline 44" used to stripe and some of my customers didn't like the "attention" that it brought to the lawn, they just wanted a nice clean cut.

But Thats the thing Everrides suck at striping...my Stander would leave a beautiful stripe with out a striping kit that you need to install on your everride..

Just look at the pic's Redmax Man Posts!!!:weightlifter:

STRINGALATION
09-24-2008, 11:47 AM
looking at those cutting patterns it looks to me to be the operator and not the mower. i could be wrong but it looks like a lot of overlapping umless you have a 12" mower. no disrespect

flattoplawncare
09-30-2008, 09:55 PM
But Thats the thing Everrides suck at striping...my Stander would leave a beautiful stripe with out a striping kit that you need to install on your everride..

Hey!! don't forget about my stripes with my same mower!!!! Everride can stripe just as good he just has not set his up right yet.
By the way Enforcer I have some new pics and ideas for you.

RedMax Man
09-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey!! don't forget about my stripes with my same mower!!!! Everride can stripe just as good he just has not set his up right yet.
By the way Enforcer I have some new pics and ideas for you.

Sorry, but i dont understand this thing about "setting up" the mower to stripe or mow properly. LOL

What is there to do?

I understand loose belts or dull blades but it can't be some forensic science examination to make the mower stripe grass.

corey4671
09-30-2008, 10:13 PM

ahem....pics...Everride Warrior and EVerride Scorpion FX...No Stripe kit....

02DURAMAX
09-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Sorry, but i dont understand this thing about "setting up" the mower to stripe or mow properly. LOL

What is there to do?

I understand loose belts or dull blades but it can't be some forensic science examination to make the mower stripe grass.

They say is the pitch of the deck that needs to be set..:dizzy:

corey4671
09-30-2008, 10:14 PM

What is there to do?

adjusting deck pitch...although I have done nothing to either one of my mowers

RedMax Man
09-30-2008, 10:16 PM
They say is the pich of the deck that needs to be set..:dizzy:

Mines a fixed deck;)

KCfireman
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
do you want a cookie for that impossible feat you achieved???:laugh:

RedMax Man
09-30-2008, 10:21 PM
They say is the pich of the deck that needs to be set..:dizzy:

Nah he went above all expectations and wants a Wright Stander

corey4671
09-30-2008, 10:22 PM

oreo please...

corey4671
09-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Mines a fixed deck;)

so is the scorpion fx which laid the stripes in the big picture on top.....

02DURAMAX

Those are not great stripes to me at all.

KCfireman
oreo please...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: They have those holiday specials where the cream filling is orange for holloween!

RedMax Man
oreo please...

Double stuffed:waving:

02DURAMAX
09-30-2008, 10:25 PM
so is the scorpion fx which laid the stripes in the big picture on top.....

Yeah, If you sqwint hard enough you can see them.:dizzy:

corey4671

ok...thanks.

02DURAMAX
Double stuffed:waving:

:nono::laugh::laugh:

corey4671
09-30-2008, 10:26 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: They have those holiday specials where the cream filling is orange for holloween!

I prefer the ones the did for a promotion with Shrek...green filling

RedMax Man
09-30-2008, 10:27 PM

I was surprised how well the Wright striped when i first got it. Thought it mite be a falure compared to some mowers like Exmark, Scag or Walker.

RedMax Man
09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
:nono::laugh::laugh:

my bad:hammerhead:

KCfireman
09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
I prefer the ones the did for a promotion with Shrek...green fillingi never got a chance to see those. i do love oreo's though. Double Stuffed is probably my favorite.

corey4671
09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
:laugh: thanks for a few laughs tonight guys. Glad you aren't my customers. None of them ever complain one bit and most usually have good things to say. Id be in a mess if I had to work for you two :laugh:

KCfireman
09-30-2008, 10:33 PM
:laugh: thanks for a few laughs tonight guys. Glad you aren't my customers. None of them ever complain one bit and most usually have good things to say. Id be in a mess if I had to work for you two :laugh:
i wouldnt really care about the stripes. I would worry that you wouldnt deliver me the right oreos!!:laugh:

RedMax Man
09-30-2008, 10:34 PM

Well if i was mowing your customer's neighbors they would be flagging me down:laugh:

No hate. We wouldnt be out mowing if we weren't being paid:)

corey4671
09-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Well if i was mowing your customer's neighbors they would be flagging me down:laugh:

No hate. We wouldnt be out mowing if we weren't being paid:)

jsut do me a favor and keep your ass in MA...hardly anybody else in my town even bothers to attempt to stripe

corey4671
09-30-2008, 10:41 PM
by the way, LLE..sorry for hijacking your thread my man!!

KCfireman
09-30-2008, 10:41 PM
jsut do me a favor and keep your ass in MA...hardly anybody else in my town even bothers to attempt to stripeyou gotta' love this site! We've pretty much taken over this thread from LLE!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

corey4671
09-30-2008, 10:42 PM
i wouldnt really care about the stripes. I would worry that you wouldnt deliver me the right oreos!!:laugh:

I'd just lick all the filling out first!

02DURAMAX
09-30-2008, 10:55 PM
I was surprised how well the Wright striped when i first got it. Thought it mite be a falure compared to some mowers like Exmark, Scag or Walker.

Thats what I like about my stander. It stripes great and was a blast to run.
Man I miss it..:cry:. But It wont be long till i have my ZK!!...I will be demoing one this week or next.:weightlifter:

KCfireman
09-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Thats what I like about my stander. It stripes great and was a blast to run.
Man I miss it..:cry:. But It wont be long till i have my ZK!!...I will be demoing one this week or next.:weightlifter:
you will be thourghly impressed with the ZK. I demoed one back in the summer. It is SUPER Fast and leaves a great cut!!!

02DURAMAX
10-01-2008, 12:09 AM
you will be thourghly impressed with the ZK. I demoed one back in the summer. It is SUPER Fast and leaves a great cut!!!

I can't wait for the demo!

flattoplawncare
10-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Here is what my Everride Fx does!!!!

flattoplawncare
10-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Check out my new flyer I made!!! It works sooooo good..
The gree is not really that bright in print. I print my own flyers I just bought a nice xerox laser printer.

Lawn Enforcer
10-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Don't worry about hi-jacking the thread, shenanigans such as going off on a rant about oreos really puts a smile on my face!:laugh:

I really did like the Shrek oreos, but they seemed to give me bad diareha! Halloween is one of my favorite times of year because of the orange creme, it's delicious.

I want to put some more pics up, I just am really busy with school and football along with mowing and aerating. I have time as I am typing this, but I'm at study hall at school right now, no pics with me.

mr mow
10-02-2008, 04:28 AM
Here is what my Everride Fx does!!!!

looks great!!! no stripe kit there??? sure looks like it, if not more power to ya! ya first post is definatley operator error! seems like 3-4" of overlap...and not straight. I do however get the idea of not wanting to draw attention...more to an owners home tho rather than a business. Wish i could sleep..lol!!

STIHL GUY
10-02-2008, 11:07 PM
looks good