PDA

View Full Version : Bash My First Patio...

4 seasons lawn&land
09-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Go ahead. I think it came out pretty good but lets see what you think... I've seen these topics before, I know what to expect. There was one part in particular that I was unsure about. The rock wall I did underneath the edge of the patio where it goes downhill, will that be there next spring? I secured them in with a hammer pretty well but with frost I have some doubt's. What would a pro do there? Morter? Or maybe I did it right:rolleyes:

Anyway, its 200 sq. ft. of patio and 50 sq. ft. of stairs. Rock is called Goshen stone.

4 seasons lawn&land
09-21-2008, 12:07 PM

Isobel
09-21-2008, 03:56 PM
what did you use as your base material?

it looks good =)

KrayzKajun
09-21-2008, 04:36 PM
i really like tht look! nice work!

4 seasons lawn&land
09-21-2008, 08:12 PM
I used stone dust for the base, alot of stone dust. Compacted it twice with a plate compactor. Thanks for the positive feedback so far.

P.Services
09-21-2008, 08:17 PM
i think the only thing that looks bad is all the diffrent materials. it goes from wood to stone to stamped. other then that it looks good.

is that topsoil between the stones?

is that your dingo? if so how do you like it im looking to get one.

4 seasons lawn&land
09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks, the stairs bother me too. I'm thinking I'll probably take the boards off the top and fill up the inside with dirt and set stones inside the 4x4's. The stamped was put in with the pool and actualy matches up with the goshen stone color wise quite a bit.

Ive rented the dingo a few times. The thing is amazing for its size but it does'nt make sence to me for the price. You can just get a regular skid for barely any more.

Its top soil in the cracks for growing creeping thyme.

P.Services
09-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Its top soil in the cracks for growing creeping thyme.

dang you beat me to my next reply. i was going to say creeping thyme or a few cans of beer for moss (if its shady)

4 seasons lawn&land
09-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Its almost full sun so moss wouldn't work. What's with the beer thing, Ive never heard anything concerning beer & moss...

P.Services
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
i have never tried it but i have had a lot of people tell me if you pour beer on stone or cracks it will grow moss. i have seen it done and the moss did grow in thick within a few weeks. i have also heard of using a blender to whip up a slurry of sour milk and moss chunks.

4 seasons lawn&land
09-21-2008, 09:26 PM
good to know