PDA

View Full Version : Bidding Question

Blmtlandscapes
09-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Usually when I do a simple bid for lawn mowing I meet the customer, survey the property and than just give them a price after a couple of minutes. But what do you guys do on larger estate properties where the scope of work is larger and more maintenance is required such as hedges, weeding, etc. Do you get back in touch with the person at a later date or do you just spend some more time in your truck figuring out the bid while on site. Same question for commerical bids. Just wondering what you guys think is more proffessional. Thanks

howierd3866
09-21-2008, 12:51 PM
what I do is try to look at the job a couple of diff time IF you will be doing it for along time but for a one time job almost all the time a few monents and give them a price.The long time jobs I like looking at it.... thinking about it and the look again IF its alots of work beside just mowing. just because I having never back out of a job in over 28 years even if I lost money keep doing it until the contract is over than...

Isobel
09-21-2008, 03:54 PM
whenever I do any sort of bidding, I meet with the client, take my notes, and then send them an estimate 1-3 days later. The reason I do this is so I can think about the larger jobs for a few days to make sure I'm not forgetting something. I've never gotten a bad response from this way of doing things.

CkLandscapingOrlando
09-22-2008, 08:27 PM
I've done comercial for 15 years before I worked for myself so I have an idea when I pull up but I like to take anouther guy with me thats also got alot of time in it.We'll drive around for a while and then go down the list.It helps get your time down because one guy always see's something the other did'nt.Then I go talk with the person in charge to see what they require.If it fits my standered contract then I'll give them one that I've already filled out but If chances need to be made I'll fax it over within 24 hours.

Kglenn04
09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
How do you go about applying for commerical jobs

CkLandscapingOrlando
09-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Watch for one of you guys to screw up then walk in and ask how happy they are with their service