PDA

View Full Version : Past Due Invoice

miltthemower
09-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Does anyone have a letter referring to past due invoices. It is frustrating that I have to keep reminding several clients when the bill is due. If anyone has a formal letter I would appreciate it.

Thanx....

Frontier-Lawn
09-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Try this one it may help

mngrassguy
09-23-2008, 01:53 AM
30 days:
According to our records, we have not received a payment on your account. Please call us so that this matter can be quickly clarified. All accounts are due upon receipt of invoice.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

60 days
Our records show that your payment is over 60 days late. Please call us immediately to clear this up. Service to your property will be discontinued until payment is received.

Sincerely,

90 days
Your Statement is overdue. YOUR SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED DUE TO NON-PAYMENT. Please call us immediately. We do not want to resort to our collections process. However, If we do not receive some payment within 10 days your account may be turned over to our collection agency.

Sincerely,

miltthemower
09-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I appreciate the documents. Hopefully this will light a fire under my clients to pay on time. Very frustrating when you perform the work and receive payment late. It is as though LCO's do not have bills to pay.

Often I think they do not take this career seriously. We are the ones in 90 degree and higher heat.

In any event thanks for the documents. Apologize for the rant, had to get it off my chest.

TPLawnPro
09-23-2008, 02:21 PM
I appreciate the documents. Hopefully this will light a fire under my clients to pay on time. Very frustrating when you perform the work and receive payment late. It is as though LCO's do not have bills to pay.

Often I think they do not take this career seriously. We are the ones in 90 degree and higher heat.

In any event thanks for the documents. Apologize for the rant, had to get it off my chest.

I feel your pain. I am also dealing with a couple of scrubs myself. Their grass is getting very high, they owe me money, and guess what? I feel sorry for the next guy that has to cut their grass, that is if they can find anyone willing to even do it, cause it's not going to be me. I'm done with em'.

The longer I wait for my money, the longer a customer's grass gets. The longer their grass gets, the more $ they must pay me. If they refuse to pay, the grass continues to grow and becomes someone else's problem. I'm going to get my money that they owe me, one way or the other.

Don't put up with it. Drop em' and then replace em' with a new client that actually gives a damn. :walking:

punt66
09-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Try this one it may help

you need to rewrite that. Not bashing but your grammer is bad.

Frontier-Lawn
09-23-2008, 02:54 PM
well blame the wife. she proofed it, since she was A+ in English in high school and collage.

miltthemower
09-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah I agree. I will not perform any other services for the client. It is unfortunate. One because they live in California, two there yard is easy to manage amd they seem to be good folks.

But, I guess being a good person also includes paying for your service on time.

punt66
09-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah I agree. I will not perform any other services for the client. It is unfortunate. One because they live in California, two there yard is easy to manage amd they seem to be good folks.

But, I guess being a good person also includes paying for your service on time.

how far behind are they?

mgugliotti
09-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Guy's- Hate to bring it up again but.... a service like www.Solidcontract.com will prevent a lot of this from occurring over and over again.

punt66
09-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Guy's- Hate to bring it up again but.... a service like www.Solidcontract.com will prevent a lot of this from occurring over and over again.

we have had this conversation before. Too pricey over the long haul for LCO's. I would lose more to you than a deadbeat who is 2 months behind when i cut them off.

miltthemower
09-24-2008, 10:15 AM
They are about 60 days past due and counting.

punt66
09-24-2008, 10:30 AM

i know it hard to see it this way, but i have 2 long time customers who are always late. At least twice a year when i bill i send a note saying i will reinstitute service when bill is paid in full. They always pay. Hopefully you just have one of those.

miltthemower
09-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Usually that works when I email them and remind them.

punt66
09-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Usually that works when I email them and remind them.

then keep doing that, dont cause a stir over it.

miltthemower
09-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Actually there are more services I can sell to them that I know they will use, my only concern is getting payment on time. I will express that to them.

Lawn-Sharks
09-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Go to Clientcritic.com it's free and post a report of all your non or late paying, complaining or cheap azz, bad check writing customers... It's a quite way of sticking it to them, for other people to see that might pick up their account after you drop them and it works both ways, you can do a search of their name & address to see if someone has already had problems with them and listed a report, you never know the trouble it could be saving you from a new potential PITA customer that you might be singing on.. Good luck!

old oak lawn
09-24-2008, 10:52 PM

what we do is bill at the end of the month for work that has been done. [lawn service] bill is mailed on the first day of the new month and due in by the 15, if i do not have payment by the 15 i will not service their lawn until i have payment.on the 16 of the month i resend a copy of their bill and write on it WE HAVE NOT BEEN PAYED FOR THIS BILL. if i do not have payment by the first day of the next month i start calling and stop by their house and leave a copy of their bill that says pay me! if it goes past the 30 day late mark they can kiss my a$$ i will never cut their lawn again,but i will stay after them for my money.

punt66
09-25-2008, 07:55 AM
what we do is bill at the end of the month for work that has been done. [lawn service] bill is mailed on the first day of the new month and due in by the 15, if i do not have payment by the 15 i will not service their lawn until i have payment.on the 16 of the month i resend a copy of their bill and write on it WE HAVE NOT BEEN PAYED FOR THIS BILL. if i do not have payment by the first day of the next month i start calling and stop by their house and leave a copy of their bill that says pay me! if it goes past the 30 day late mark they can kiss my a$$ i will never cut their lawn again,but i will stay after them for my money.

thats harsh.

miltthemower
09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I have spoken to them and my check is in the "mail".

tradeyouraccounts
09-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Try this one its worked out many times over.

Final request for overdue payment
(Your business name)
(Street address)
(City, State, Zip Code)
Date

(Recipient name)
(Company name)
(Street address)
(City, State, Zip Code)

Dear (Recipient name)

Your account is now seriously delinquent. We have sent you one request and still have not received your past due payment in the amount of $(Amount).
Please remit $(Amount) by (Date) or your account will be closed, any outstanding service will be cancelled, and this matter will be referred to a collection agency.
Please call me within the next three business days at (Phone number) so that we may discuss how to resolve this quickly.

Sincerely,

(Your name)

miltthemower
09-30-2008, 12:48 PM
I like that.

Southernlandscape343
09-30-2008, 01:57 PM
If I have a client that will not pay me. (happened a few times this summer) I will show up at their house unannounced. Reason for this, If they are home and they come to the door what are they going to say? "No I will not pay for your services" Keep in mind that they are more likely to ignore you if you do not confront them. If they tell you that they will not pay you.. I have some friends that work with the police department and I have no problem having them meet me at a difficult client's house. I am always very nice and polite with the customers, but I will only take so much of their BS. I am going to start using Client Critic now aswell to help avoid those who are difficult and to alert others about the scum bags.

miltthemower
09-30-2008, 02:24 PM
I try to avoid confrontation as much as possible, but I do not work for free. Lately those who have been late have been sumbitting payments.

soloscaperman
10-01-2008, 03:04 AM
Most clients I break the bill in every week because it seems "smaller" to them.

The monthly bills are commercial and the landlord that rents these places out is actually my neighbor, lol he just walks to my house and hands me a check.

Knock on wood I never had a customer that owed me more then 3 weeks but always paid me the full amount by meeting somewhere where im close by. I do great work at a great price, so I usually don't ever get bad lemons. When I meet a new customer I focus on the bulls****** so I get to know them better and I test them in various ways like......

1.) Are they cheap?
2.) Are they nice people?
3.) There history with previous landscapers
4.)What there goals are in the future with there lawn ( thats when you know ;-)
5.)How they like there payment options
6.)What jobs they have
7.) etc..

When someone owes me money I call them a different times, email them, or I stop by at dinner.

I did sales for 6 years I know a person usually in the first 5 min.

Worst comes to worse my friend is that type of guy that you don't want to press buttons so I would send him to the house and have him wait at the driveway or in the road and when the customer tells them to move he will say" Do you wanna know what dirty people are like?" Just kidding. But seriously worst comes to worst I would plow there car in the morning so there late for work ;-)

punt66
10-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Most clients I break the bill in every week because it seems "smaller" to them.

The monthly bills are commercial and the landlord that rents these places out is actually my neighbor, lol he just walks to my house and hands me a check.

Knock on wood I never had a customer that owed me more then 3 weeks but always paid me the full amount by meeting somewhere where im close by. I do great work at a great price, so I usually don't ever get bad lemons. When I meet a new customer I focus on the bulls****** so I get to know them better and I test them in various ways like......

1.) Are they cheap?
2.) Are they nice people?
3.) There history with previous landscapers
4.)What there goals are in the future with there lawn ( thats when you know ;-)
5.)How they like there payment options
6.)What jobs they have
7.) etc..

When someone owes me money I call them a different times, email them, or I stop by at dinner.

I did sales for 6 years I know a person usually in the first 5 min.

Worst comes to worse my friend is that type of guy that you don't want to press buttons so I would send him to the house and have him wait at the driveway or in the road and when the customer tells them to move he will say" Do you wanna know what dirty people are like?" Just kidding. But seriously worst comes to worst I would plow there car in the morning so there late for work ;-)

doesnt sound like a professional business to me. You spend the time chasing payments every cut??????

mngrassguy
10-01-2008, 08:09 PM
I was thinking the same thing. My neighbor kid works that way.

N.H.BOY
10-01-2008, 10:11 PM
I use Pre Paid Legal service's I use them all the time. Lawyers are just a phone call away..800 number as well. I have at least 50 differant type of documents I can print out free of charge and also up to three legal letters a year with up to 50 hours of court time ( if it comes to that) great service. PM me if you want more info and price for a year or monthly..