PDA

View Full Version : speaking of cable and beds

Mike M
09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Today I was mowing a property after a direct-tv guy installed a dish in the middle of the backyard (like a garden feature). As I began to edge, I noticed he ran cables for about twenty feet, all along the seam between the landscape bed and the turf. What a ******.

irrig8r
09-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Did you notice before or after you sliced it?

S&MLL
09-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Hahaha they don't do to much better in the lawn. I normally find them an inch under the lawns

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
09-22-2008, 11:58 PM
You mean to say he actually buried the cable at all? Wow, give that guy a raise!

Last year I had Bell Canada install a new phone line from the switchbox at the road to my demarcation point on the house. The guy came when I was not home and hooked up about 150' of nice, new-tech, gel filled, coax cable, leaving it entirely out of the ground as it ran down through the trees along the side of my driveway, across a patch of lawn, across the gravel driveway (!!!), across more lawn to the side of the house.

When I arrived home I almost ran over the new cable with my truck. I got out and called Bell right away to ask what the ????. Their response was that telco technicians are not "landscapers" and that they are not responsible to dig any ditches! They would be happy to send someone out to do the work for $95 per hour!

Guess what I spend the next two hours doing?

EOL
09-23-2008, 04:15 PM
You mean to tell me you didnt read the small print at the bottom of the contract.:hammerhead: I experienced the exact same thing. They actually ran the entire cable from my neighbor behind me through his front yard and back yard, and through my backyard to my house. All above ground. I was one mad son of a #!tch.:realmad:

Mike M
09-23-2008, 04:48 PM
I can't believe the other stories. Do they come out and replace damaged cable at their own cost? I guess not.

That's like taking your car for servicing and having guys poor oil everywhere and say they are not auto detailers. Or like pet stores selling dirty dogs and saying they are not groomers. Or like doctors leaving your incisions open and saying they are not seamstresses. Or like roofers not nailing in the shingles but just laying them there because they are not carpenters. Or like policemen not arresting people because they are not prison guards. Or bus drivers not telling you where you are because they are not tour guides. Or bakers that won't write happy birthday on a cake because they are not writers.

EOL
09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Exactly!!!! You hit the nail on the head, but wait your not a carpenter.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

David Gretzmier
09-23-2008, 07:12 PM
hmm. since I am not a landscaper, maybe I don't have to bury my wires now?:confused:

Mike M
09-24-2008, 04:44 PM
David,

When doing Christmas lights, you can just throw them all over the front lawn and say you are not a fireman and you don't use ladders.

Bill S
09-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Any more excuses I can use with my wife would be helpful! How about something for shoveling the front steps???

Mike M
09-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Honey, if you are patient, that will all melt away.