PDA

View Full Version : retaining wall florida home (pic)

tst4echo
09-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Hello everyone. Relatively new to forum and first post.

Attached is a pic (only one I have) of my first house I bought. What I would like to do is put a retaining wall on right side of the house (facing) kind of like the one already alongside the driveway. (I would like to put a boat trailer there or utilize the area for additional parking. I know that it will take quite a bit of fill as the ground slopes there. (Sorry that the pic doesn't show very well the area I am speaking of). It is the area to the right of driveway extending alongside the house (shaded area in pic). It is Florida (Crystal River)so the ground is entirely sand.
I live in NY and my Kubota BX-24 is up here unfortunately so I will have to hire someone to do it. My idea is basically a mirror image of the retaining wall already shown in pic on the other side of the driveway extending to the back of the house (approx 50'). Thought of using pavers for the parking area. Any ideas, suggestions, $$$?
Thanks!

http://i37.tinypic.com/10d8hed.jpg

cddva
09-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Sounds like you have a pretty good plan. Are you going to be there and do some of the work or stay in NY and hire it all out? I won't pretend to be a hardscaper but i do own a small mini-x and dump trailer and do part time work with it. If your coming down to build the wall, I'd be available to assist with the wall prep and fill. Let me know if I can be of assistance to you (for a small fee of course). :) Good luck!

tst4echo
09-24-2008, 02:05 AM
cddva: pm sent :waving: