PDA

View Full Version : Turf Damage From Skunks

beaglegun
09-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Has anybody heard of this. We have small holes and torn pieces of turf everywhere on a baseball field we're working on. I was told it sounded like skunks were doing the damage, looking for grubs.

nobagger
09-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Has anybody heard of this. We have small holes and torn pieces of turf everywhere on a baseball field we're working on. I was told it sounded like skunks were doing the damage, looking for grubs.

Could be just that! We experience everything from skunks,turkeys raccoons to birds tearing up lawns in my area. ELIMINATE THEIR SOURCE OF FOOD and they go away!

castill
09-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Beaglegun, I am in Lanesville Indiana not that far from you and had a skunk tear my front yard to pieces. I could not figure out what was causing it until one evening I pulled out of the driveway and my headlights caught him in the act. Needless to say I turned around and shot him. A little word of advice, before you shoot the skunk make sure your furnace or A/C is turned off in your house. Right after I shot the skunk my furnace kicked on. The skunk got the last laugh.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Looking for grubs

beaglegun
09-29-2008, 09:47 AM
I aerated three ways,fertilized,spread lime and grub control last week. I can't see where the skunks have been back.

pclawncare
09-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Armadillos will do the same thing also

JDUtah
09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=245716