PDA

View Full Version : End of September special, $26.97 per acre

ICT Bill
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Buy a small pallet (48 units) between today and October 1 and receive 10% off and free shipping. That is only $26.97 per acre treated and free shipping too.

What high fertilizer prices?

Great for over seeding, fertilizer, renovation, any type of turf care

Just go to our website and order online, it couldn't be simpler
www.ictorganics.com

Shelf life is 12 months

hunter
09-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Is this just for tea or all products?

ICT Bill
09-23-2008, 04:52 PM
OOPS ! :waving:

It is meant for the Instant Compost Tea but it is a very good suggestion, let's extend it to all of the product, buy 48 and get 10% off plus free shipping

We are moving our warehouse and would like move as little product as possible.

Hunter rules :cool2:

BTW: due to low demand (and we are out of stock) we will no longer be stocking the Myco-Tea for the remainder of the year, but check back in the spring

DUSTYCEDAR
09-23-2008, 04:58 PM
thats a good deal on the shipping

ICT Bill
09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Had a great call from Jeffersonville, IN today, using Instant Compost Tea on overseeding projects over the last 2 or 3 weeks, mostly fescue mix.

They have stopped using starter fertilizer when overseeding, its not needed. They are also seeing 5 day germination with great results, he was pretty darn happy and had to share it. His profit just went through the roof

They are not doing prime or pregermination and are using electric backpack sprayers

Can you imagine how much fertilizer, and runoff, that saves every year

:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

JDUtah
09-24-2008, 12:15 AM
That's cool to hear Bill,

Question... he was using the instant compost tea...

That is different than the Mycho tea?

Doesn't the instant compost tea have Mycho?

Oh and one more, sorry for all the questions... did you find out from the guy if he was doing other lawns with starter fert (an no ICT) so he could compare the two?

Thanks in advance. :)

DUSTYCEDAR
09-24-2008, 08:52 AM
YES that is great but like was ask how is he doing it?
what rate is he going at?

ICT Bill
09-24-2008, 09:32 AM
That's cool to hear Bill,

Question... he was using the instant compost tea...

That is different than the Mycho tea?

Doesn't the instant compost tea have Mycho?

Oh and one more, sorry for all the questions... did you find out from the guy if he was doing other lawns with starter fert (an no ICT) so he could compare the two?

Thanks in advance. :)

All good questions
Yes the Instant Compost tea has dense populations of endo and ecto mycorrhizae, 10 different species of endo and 2 different species of ecto

The Myco-Tea is a fungally dominant compost tea, the original formula is bacterially dominant. In transistion turf we are trying to get the good bacterial numbers up first, these are the first colonies in succession, as the bacterial numbers grow the fungi begin to grow but the fungi take much longer.

Our assumption with the orignal formula compost tea is that the applications are on turf that has been a bit abused by fertilizer and pesticides, if we can get the bacterial numbers up first we can begin to mine the nutrients in the soil and start colonies that begin succession. These are also the guys that produce hormones and enzymes that fight off pathogens, the fungi do too, but again it takes much longer to get their populations up, the bacteria can increase by incredible numbers in just one day.

It is my understanding that they were over-seeding with both ICT and starter fert, then ran out of starter fert, they ran through the properties and were planning on coming back to put down starter fert and realized the sites had already germinated and were flush with growth and decided to can the starter fert idea.

I believe it was our standard over seed rate on the carton, but I'll ask. They also have just gotten our Hydro-seed product and are going to try some side by side comparisons, my bet is the Compost tea will do a bit better because of the nutrient package (accelerator)

They do what we consider a standard fall program
core aerate
over seed
spray compost tea
top dress with compost

ICT Bill
09-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Wave goodbye, they are going fast :waving: :waving: :waving:

We only had 8 small pallets of Instant Compost Tea available, it is 6 now and probably only 4 left tomorrow PM

10 small pallets of Tree, 7 now available

Still have 6 small pallets of Hydro-seed

growingdeeprootsorganicly
09-24-2008, 08:34 PM
:sleeping:.............

treegal1
09-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Wave goodbye, they are going fast :waving: :waving: :waving:

We only had 8 small pallets of Instant Compost Tea available, it is 6 now and probably only 4 left tomorrow PM

10 small pallets of Tree, 7 now available

Still have 6 small pallets of Hydro-seed

well if ya run out we just put a 5000 gallon brewer on line in verobeach, with the coolest rotary extractor i have ever seen.it gets applied with a center pivot, all 500 acres...of turf!!!

JDUtah
09-24-2008, 08:51 PM
all 500 acres...of turf!!!

I hope that's a sod farm. :) Way cool tree!

treegal1
09-24-2008, 09:09 PM
yes its a sod farm, just one of 6 fields, they are desperate for a relief from fert costs

DUSTYCEDAR
09-24-2008, 09:17 PM
well lets see some pics gal

treegal1
09-24-2008, 09:22 PM
well lets see some pics gal
I promise them in the pm tomorrow, I had a virus in my pc the last 2 days, still working things out, *note to self, don't try and down load futurama from over seas sources*

ICT Bill
09-25-2008, 08:09 AM
:sleeping:.............

Growing, Too funny :laugh:

DUSTYCEDAR
09-25-2008, 08:26 AM
THAT IS FUNNY
give it some nyquill

ICT Bill
09-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Only 5 small pallets of Compost Tea left

4 Hydro seed

7 Tree

On Special

We have samples of our organic Pre-M available beginning October 6, Glutenate, Liquid Corn Gluten Meal. You pay the shipping and we'll ship you a quart. 40 quarts available as samples, shipping is typically $7 to $8 via UPS

1 quart treats 1000 sq ft, equivilant to 20 pounds of Granular Corn Gluten Meal

1 gallon weighs 10 pounds, you would need 80 pounds of granular to do the same job.

Prolawnservice
09-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Bill,
Sign me up for the liquid corn gluten, I'll try a quart. Will this product be sold in drums, totes?

treegal1
09-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Bill is this a real corn gluten, or is this some other source of the protein

also is there any risk of celiac disease with this product??

you must have on hell of a good protein scientist over there!! chitin and now this, nice!!! I would ask you for some but first I have to find out about spring here.LOLOLsome one said you had to have a winter first?? eh whats that???

ICT Bill
09-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Right now 1 - Gallon and 4 gallons in a carton, 1 gallon treats roughly 4000 (3876) sq ft and should be less than $40

Granular is running from $10 to $15 per 1000 sq ft right now, I saw one distributor that was selling it for $44 for a 40 pound bag, ridiculous :confused:

Prolawn, please send me an email (so I can mark it) or register on our site and make a note for a sample, otherwise I will most likely forget

1 Tote would be 25 1/4 acres, or 1,100,000 sq ft, it goes to bottling 4400 gallons at a time

bill@ictorganics.com

hunter
09-25-2008, 11:48 PM
What is the shelf life of the liquid corn gluten?

ICT Bill
09-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Hunter wrote: What is the shelf life of the liquid corn gluten?

The expire date is 2 years from manufacture, kept in the right environment (room temperature) certainly much longer

David W
09-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Had a great call from Jeffersonville, IN today, using Instant Compost Tea on overseeding projects over the last 2 or 3 weeks, mostly fescue mix.

They have stopped using starter fertilizer when overseeding, its not needed. They are also seeing 5 day germination with great results, he was pretty darn happy and had to share it. His profit just went through the roof

They are not doing prime or pregermination and are using electric backpack sprayers

To give an update....we have seen 5 day germination on MYCO seed used from Penningtion. On non-myco tall fescue seed germination was about 7-10 days. Still amazing results. Seen a yard yesterday that was 14-days old and the new grass was 2-3 inches in height. Very pleased to say the least.

I sprayed 123 ICT at 1 oz per 4-gallons of water. Process was...

Mowed at 2.5" to 3"
Double-pass core aeration
Double-pass slice seeding with turf revitalizer at 4 lbs./1K (quarter inch in soil)
Sprayed 123 ICT (and we tried some of the 123 Hydro-seed on some lawns as well)
Topdress with a 1/4" compost
Water 3-4 times daily

And by the way....we have had no RAIN here since we started on lawn renovations labor weekend. Not hardly a drop.

09-29-2008, 06:21 AM
Had a great call from Jeffersonville, IN today, using Instant Compost Tea on overseeding projects over the last 2 or 3 weeks, mostly fescue

mostly fecue? wow mr bill's dat's sum da a amaszing te's thers is

rye grass does germanate fast.......doesn't it?

maybe people will get a clue and save some money and just buy a few gallons of kelp, humic acid,fish h and they can buy some epsama bio-tone starter plus and still be way cheaper then your stuff as well as better

09-29-2008, 06:27 AM
yes,

rye,fecue,kgb blend, power seeded+compost topdress+water 3/4 times a day in sept= fast grass...........amazing!!!

was it the wanabe tea? if you want to think so?

NattyLawn
09-29-2008, 08:59 AM
To give an update....we have seen 5 day germination on MYCO seed used from Penningtion. On non-myco tall fescue seed germination was about 7-10 days. Still amazing results. Seen a yard yesterday that was 14-days old and the new grass was 2-3 inches in height. Very pleased to say the least.

I sprayed 123 ICT at 1 oz per 4-gallons of water. Process was...

Mowed at 2.5" to 3"
Double-pass core aeration
Double-pass slice seeding with turf revitalizer at 4 lbs./1K (quarter inch in soil)
Sprayed 123 ICT (and we tried some of the 123 Hydro-seed on some lawns as well)
Topdress with a 1/4" compost
Water 3-4 times daily

And by the way....we have had no RAIN here since we started on lawn renovations labor weekend. Not hardly a drop.

No offense, but the 1oz per 4 gallons didn't do much for your seed germination. Good weather conditions (temps)and keeping the seedbed wet 3-4 times daily was the key to your germination. I had germination in 5 days from slice seeding, starter fert and WATERING. The seed is endophyte enhanced Trophy tall fescue.

ICT Bill
09-29-2008, 09:12 AM
No offense, but the 1oz per 4 gallons didn't do much for your seed germination. Good weather conditions (temps)and keeping the seedbed wet 3-4 times daily was the key to your germination. I had germination in 5 days from slice seeding, starter fert and WATERING. The seed is endophyte enhanced Trophy tall fescue.

" The seed is endophyte enhanced Trophy tall fescue."

endophyte = inoculated

Exactly, for those not using inoculated seed you can use our product or enhance it by apply our compost tea product

The general rule on our product is roughly 1,000,000 beneficial microorganisms per sq ft at the inoculum application

David W
09-29-2008, 12:49 PM
FYI - NO rye grass was used - STRAIGHT FESCUE 99%

First 2 weeks after seeding were upper 80's to low 90's so I really can't see how the temps had anything to do with germination. If so, guess I'll start renovations in July ???

Bottom line, I seen results and was pretty happy about them compared to those who didn't water and elect to go with an ICT application.

09-29-2008, 07:58 PM

First 2 weeks after seeding were upper 80's to low 90's so I really can't see how the temps had anything to do with germination. If so, guess I'll start renovations in July ???

Bottom line, I seen results and was pretty happy about them compared to those who didn't water and elect to go with an ICT application.

july renovation would be a bad idea unless you like crab grass

your using myco inoculated seed to start why don't you just blend ur on spray mixes? let me help you out......liquid kelp.....liquid or powder humic acid.....fish hydrolasate.......other?

regardless of what anybody tells you theres plenty of local natural soil bacteria present already....almost no matter how much chemicails have been used in the past..... the trick is to feed them....some fresh good compost topdressing is alway helpfull aswell

those are whats kind of helping you at those low doses

ICT Bill
09-29-2008, 08:15 PM
july renovation would be a bad idea unless you like crab grass

your using myco inoculated seed to start why don't you just blend ur on spray mixes? let me help you out......liquid kelp.....liquid or powder humic acid.....fish hydrolasate.......other?

regardless of what anybody tells you theres plenty of local natural soil bacteria present already....almost no matter how much chemicails have been used in the past..... the trick is to feed them....some fresh good compost topdressing is alway helpfull aswell

those are whats kind of helping you at those low doses

Thanks Growing great intro,

Our #3 accelarator in our instant compost tea has roughly 8% of each, Humate, Fish, Kelp and Molasses we also include 8 micronutrients, this is done in a ferment that really kicks it up a notch, we also include a B vitamin package and 5 sets of bacteria, 11 sets of endo mycorrhizae, 2 sets of ecto mycorrhizae and 5 sets of trichoderma fungi

Plus the biological diversity that the humate, fish and kelp bring.......well need I say more

You get everything that you mentioned and more for less than sixty cents per 1000 sq ft, $26.97 per acre and it is SFI tested as well

09-29-2008, 08:26 PM
how many oz is the accelarator?

ICT Bill
09-30-2008, 09:35 AM
2 days left on the special, we have your pallet ready to go

greenidea
10-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Hi Bill S., Dave here, formerly with GWP and now owner of Green Idea, Inc. I guess you may have heard that I'm off on my own and so far so good. It was a bit scary until I realized how many people I know in the various "Green" Industries. Let me know if you have any ideas on how we can work together. Can I give you my phone number on this site?

Dave M.

ICT Bill
10-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Big bad Dave, I didn't know you had ventured out on your own, cool. Drop me an email with your contact information
bill@ictorganics.com

Great response, thanks folks, got all our stuff moved, my aching back, those orders that came in today will go out tomorrow. I guess folks like free shipping, we'll have to do that again soon

Thanks again

The offer is still good until late tonight

NattyLawn
10-03-2008, 09:19 AM

If you don't think temps have anything to do with seed germination, plant some fescue seed now when the temps are cooler, with the same amount of water and see the difference in germination time.

ICT Bill
10-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Natty, I don't think that was what he was saying, he was talking about a side by side comparison, no ICT and where he used ICT

We get this phone call/email a lot about how it produces great germination and quickly. quick is good.
Some folks have stopped using starter fertilizer because of the results, less inputs and less leaching is a good thing

DUSTYCEDAR
10-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Less is more

Premo Services
10-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Just seen this thread....

How late in the fall would you want to use the 123 compost tea?????

ICT Bill
10-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Just seen this thread....

How late in the fall would you want to use the 123 compost tea?????

We recommend the season, as the soil warms in the spring and apply until first frost, once the soil gets below 50 degrees biological activity really slows down

You can actually apply anytime you want but if the turf is going dormant there will not be much advantage to it, the good guys will hang around until the environment is right for them

NattyLawn
10-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Natty, I don't think that was what he was saying, he was talking about a side by side comparison, no ICT and where he used ICT

We get this phone call/email a lot about how it produces great germination and quickly. quick is good.
Some folks have stopped using starter fertilizer because of the results, less inputs and less leaching is a good thing

Wow Bill, you found a way to twist his words and use them to furthur sell your product. All this forum is now is people like you and Barry selling ICT or Nutrients Plus with almost no real world lawn experience. Good luck you piece of ****. I know of no one personally getting good results with your product.

JDUtah
10-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow Bill, you found a way to twist his words and use them to furthur sell your product. All this forum is now is people like you and Barry selling ICT or Nutrients Plus with almost no real world lawn experience. Good luck you piece of ****. I know of no one personally getting good results with your product.

Natty,

I beg to differ... with the "All this forum is now is people like you and Barry selling ICT or Nutrients Plus"

But someday I might have something to sell you... :laugh: Lol jokes, I'm a service man... Maybe a franchise? :)

ICT Bill
10-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Wow Bill, you found a way to twist his words and use them to further sell your product. All this forum is now is people like you and Barry selling ICT or Nutrients Plus with almost no real world lawn experience. Good luck you piece of ****. I know of no one personally getting good results with your product.

Natty rather than criticizing help, why the tone has gotten so harsh I am not sure. Bring in real world experiences, help the folks that lurk

saying ***** is not constructive and absolutely childish. there are over 50 golf courses, 270 lawn and landscape companies, 20ish campuses, over 40 watershed associations that are having great results with our products

You are absolutely right though, one of the main reasons that we sponsor this site is to get people to know our product line. squawk at Clorox or Exxon, your hate is pointed in the wrong direction, we are trying to reduce inputs
"no real world experience" come on give me a break

Please call me on my cell, 410-707-2794 if you have issues

JDUtah
10-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Ironic that Bill's own thread reveals his weaknesses and motives as a salesman...

Remember that this is the guy trying to sell you his products people....

His post (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=2541731#post2541731) to Natty on 10/4/2008 p.m. MST

Natty rather than criticizing help, why the tone has gotten so harsh I am not sure. Bring in real world experiences, help the folks that lurk

saying ***** is not constructive and absolutely childish.

we are trying to reduce inputs
"no real world experience" come on give me a break

And his post (http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=2541717&postcount=32) IMMEDIATELY before that one geared towards me (in response to a very civil post (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=248082&page=4) from me) on 10/4/2008 at 10:18 p.m. MST...

You are completely out of your mind, I would suggest, or you did not get the core of what the articles selected had to offer

144% increase in wheat production AND YOUR QUESTION IS WHAT???

these are non leachable forms of foods for plants, they, in your terms, are not even considered a form of nutrient (those are not my terms, don't put BS in people mouths Bill)

I am not understanding where you are coming from, please help

Be ye warned...

Ps... his 123 hasn't done squat for me... that's "real world" experience for you... on customers lawns...

Bill, an increasing number of people are growing frustrated with you here... I really do like you... I wish somehow you could be you on this forum instead of so slanted to sell/defend your products...

A change of course somehow would be nice for you, us, and your stress level...

treegal1
10-05-2008, 09:24 AM
well........ if he wants to put all this to bed once and for all he can send me a web cam, and some product, and the seed he wants used, and we can do the web cam task test!!! I have 5 very real world plots that I want to do a seed sod trial, I was thinking about doing 2 main plats and 3 sub parts, each one cut into 3 for the next year, we are still a little hot for seed start but maybe one weekend when some of you guys are just hanging out at the farm with us we can plant up the test plots on the web cam( if you want???) and then we can see them on a web cam feed, this is a small scale test so it should not take very much of any thing to get going. the only down side or is it an up side, the soil tests showed that it is all over the road, it looks like we took 40 random soil samples from all over the world and sent them out, from salty clay, to 20 % OM muck, to fine washed sand, and rocky top soil that falls like in the middle of the soil triangle, the palms that are growing on the field before we took over tell the tale, some are really messed up, I mean real bad, and 4 feet away was the nicest one in the farm, why am I telling you this, well it does not say any thing about soil type on any ones bag or jar does it??? my program does not say" works only on sandy soil" not at all!!!

BILL you got my phone #, wally world has the web cam, and stuart plastics will make the water proof jug for us, on my dime..................... then I just need 3 more people to come down and we can do a test plot on a web cam, maybe a first??? maybe you tube will pay us ????most of my farm employees are chicks.....

DUSTYCEDAR
10-05-2008, 09:27 AM
ok i am waiting for this

treegal1
10-05-2008, 09:39 AM
I am not going to wait, my new pc is virus free and loaded with a ton more pic's now that I have the drive space.

and I love to post the bad-est looking stuff first, that way when I turn the plant back into a healthy living thing it will show better. heck here a pick of how sorry some of my ne farms soil is, all trees came from the same seed and started at the same time!!! ( the only reason we dont just kill them and start over is that fox tail palms will get more caliper as the get older and healthier)

dishboy
10-05-2008, 09:49 AM

I get 5 day germination with Milorganite and am mowing in three weeks on a Blue, Rye fescue mix Not knocking your product, and in fact interested in trying it on new accounts to get them up to speed faster.

10-05-2008, 11:49 AM
aha gee...

test plot....like it....will he do it? doubt it! too much to lose

jd,

he can't be him self...he's not he for anything else but to push his product to the point that he discredits himself and annoys the hell out of everyone everyday with every twisted word he says to the point that people lash out in ways that are not typical behavior for these people...me included

he just gets soooo dame ANNOYING!!!!!!!!

10-05-2008, 12:19 PM
your accelerator
1 quart right? that covers 90000 sf? lol

8% each of humic,fish,molasses,kelp,urea,vit,micro?

thats about 2-15 cents if that in materials for each..........correct?

ill have to the break down cost on your biology later

Prolawnservice
10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Bills a nice guy, he just wants to make a living like everyone else. No one here HAS to buy his product.
Sure a trial would be great, what do you have to lose?

Bill,

On a other forums I read, there are members that represent a company, but passively. If asked a question about their product they will answer, otherwise they participate in the discussion like everyone else, even if its about a competitors product, or something completely unrelated. I'm sure your excited and proud of your product but the hard sell can make you look like a salesman. If you like talking to everyone here just hang out and do that, people will try your product if they like you. If it works as good as they expect, and they feel the price is fair they will continue to buy. What more can you do. just my.02

10-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Bill,

On a other forums I read, there are members that represent a company, but passively. If asked a question about their product they will answer, otherwise they participate in the discussion like everyone else, even if its about a competitors product, or something completely unrelated. I'm sure your excited and proud of your product but the hard sell can make you look like a salesman. If you like talking to everyone here just hang out and do that, people will try your product if they like you. If it works as good as they expect, and they feel the price is fair they will continue to buy. What more can you do. just my.02

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping::clapping::clapping::drinkup: