PDA

View Full Version : Accept Credit Cards Online Free

JimLewis
01-04-2000, 07:53 AM
Well, I can't believe it's true, but apparently there is now a way to accept credit cards for free, online. I don't want to be known as a spammer, but since we had a discussion recently about accepting credit cards and a lot of guys said they'd want to if it were free. Well, this may not be for everyone but it got my attention. I made a small web page with more information on the service.<p>&lt;b&gt; http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Brokerage/5792/paypal.html &lt;/b&gt;<p>----------<br>Jim Lewis - Lewis Landscape Services<br>http://www.lewislandscape.com<p>

jakev
01-04-2000, 08:04 AM
Come on guys... I got my merchants account from my loacl small bank and I pay 2.14%, a .30 transaction fee and a monthly statement fee of $5.00. I use a hand swipe machine so I don't have any other fees.<p>If you want to make money, you have to spend a little. Accepting credit cards has eliminated my late payments and saves me a lot of paper work. Anyone with good credit can go to their bank and setup a merchants account.<p>Also, I have picked up several big landscape jobs because the customer wanted to pay with their credit card. <p>

plymouthvaliant73
01-04-2000, 10:44 AM
Yep, spam it is. Jim gets paid a commission if you sign up for one of the services on his page.

JimLewis
01-05-2000, 08:37 AM
The commission I get is in no way related to why I posted that information. They pay everyone $10. $10 when you join and $10 when you refer someone. And it's optional. I mentioned that on the page. If you want to go sign up for their service and not mention me, you'll still get the service, be able to accept credit cards, and I won't get a dime. I don't care about the $10. <p>I just thought it was an innovative way for people who don't have merchant accounts to be able to accept credit cards. <p>No need to be so negative. Just because there was a referral credit involved doesn't mean that's the motive for posting. Assumptions like this always get people into trouble. That line of thinking; &quot;Oh, there's something in it for him so it must be invalid&quot; never made sense to me. It shows lack of independent thinking. I always take a look at every opportunity with an open mind. Sure, I will take into consideration that the person telling me about it may gain something by it but I still always evaluate opportunities based on their own merit and value. Then I decide whether to take advantage of it or not. <p>----------<br>Jim Lewis - Lewis Landscape Services<br>http://www.lewislandscape.com

JimLewis
01-05-2000, 08:45 AM

dukester
05-25-2004, 12:32 AM
Hey Jim, I'm all for you.. I've been using PayPal and sending invoices to our customers for over 2 years. You did they right thing by trying to help the members here. Some of us just don't understand when they see a helping hand. It's a shame.
Keep up the good work. Duke

EZTarget
05-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by plymouthvaliant73
Yep, spam it is. Jim gets paid a commission if you sign up for one of the services on his page.

I must say that the few posts I have seen from Jim, he SURELY doesnt strike me as that type. Seems to me he is just trying to help.

Good info, thanks!

qualitylandscaping
05-25-2004, 12:50 AM
I just added PayPal to my website this year, after seeing BHB's and talking to him about it last summer.. It has made a world of difference in cutting down on late payments and crap getting lost in the mail, forgotten about, etc.. Plus I don't have to go to the bank to deposit checks, can't bounce checks, etc..

The only thing I don't like is the 3% fee for using PayPal. But to get all payments in all time, I will suck it up and continue to make it a free payment option for everyone of my customers..

EZTarget
05-25-2004, 12:53 AM
do you have many customers that pay that way?

FrankenScagMachines
05-25-2004, 01:24 AM
Kinda funny that ya mentioned it Steve, I haven’t ever had anyone use the PayPal option LOL. seems a lot of people comment on the website but no one says anything about the online pay thing and no one has used it…. Hmm….. oh well. haven’t had a single late pay this year yet. Last year I only had a problem with the same person over and over, they paid but usually late ($20 fee each month they’re late, what do I care as long as I get it LOL).

chuckwk
05-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by dukester
Hey Jim, I'm all for you.. I've been using PayPal and sending invoices to our customers for over 2 years. You did they right thing by trying to help the members here. Some of us just don't understand when they see a helping hand. It's a shame.
Keep up the good work. Duke

dukester

This post you replied to is over 4 years OLD! That link provided all those years ago is no longer active.

EZTarget
05-25-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by chuckwk
dukester

This post you replied to is over 4 years OLD! That link provided all those years ago is no longer active.

OH MY GOD. I too feel stupid! :o dangit. I saw that the link was inactive but I knew the jist of it. Maybe it should be a renewed subject? Well it is now.... :)

and i know to watch for that.