PDA

View Full Version : 21" mower veering to the right

doitforjohnny
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a used Honda HRC215. The motor is in great shape but the only problem is it veers to the right. If I push it on the cement when the motor is off it veers a lot to the right. I took it into a lawn service shop and the guy banged it up and moved the height adjustment bracket on the right front wheel down for some reason and now I have to put that wheel one higher than the rest. The really funny thing is it still has the problem.

Has anyone had this kind of problem before? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Johnny

Summit L & D
09-23-2008, 11:43 PM
We have one that does the same thing. The only thing that I could ever think was the problem, was with the gear box. It's been a few years since that mower has run....so I could be a little off.

JFGLN
09-24-2008, 09:39 AM
The front wheels mounts get bent easy. This happens frequently to our Hondas. I put a 2x4 on the wheel, and give it a wack with a hammer to staighten it out.

JimmyStew
09-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Is one arm longer than the other? Longer leg? No, then my guess would be the gearbox in the transmission (I'm assuming your talking about a self-propelled).

Restrorob
09-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Johnny,

Posting the unit serial number would have been helpful, If this is in-fact a self propelled unit remove the rear wheels and check the ratchet assemblies. They get packed with sand causing them to hang up.

Sounds like one side is working properly and the other is hanging up.

Good Luck