PDA

View Full Version : Case compact loaders

coopers
09-24-2008, 11:33 PM
This is an interesting design on the loader booms. I guess it's a new design from Case on their compact loaders. It's called versa boom I believe....It's new to me but maybe this has been around for some time. I believe Case came out with one or two new compact loaders.

Anyone use one yet?

Scag48
09-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Nothing revolutionary, leave it to Case :rolleyes: Just Z bar linkage that's been around for a while. I always wonder about those little compact loaders though, you could do quite a bit even with the smaller ones. I like Cat's 908 compact loader, good little machines.

ksss
09-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Nothing revolutionary, leave it to Case :rolleyes: Just Z bar linkage that's been around for a while. I always wonder about those little compact loaders though, you could do quite a bit even with the smaller ones. I like Cat's 908 compact loader, good little machines.

I believe CAT has a similiar boom design on some machines. I demoed a 321 some time ago. It was a very nice machine to run. I would be tempted to try one. The biggest issue I have with them is their cost. Very expensive, overly so I believe. The way that I use my 465 it could easily be replaced with a larger compact loader. My issue has always been the ROI of one of these machines. I can always keep a 3000 plus ROC skid steer busy doing something, I just wonder about a compact loader if it would be as good at multi tasking. They are very comfortable to run and the visibility is awesome.

coopers
09-25-2008, 12:55 AM
I guess now that I look at it Scag, it is the normal z bar technology. Just upside down. The only thing I could see these being very handy is in a retail yard (topsoil/compost/bark etc.) They fit a very unique place in the market that's for sure.

Scag48
09-25-2008, 01:33 AM
I believe CAT has a similiar boom design on some machines. I demoed a 321 some time ago. It was a very nice machine to run. I would be tempted to try one. The biggest issue I have with them is their cost. Very expensive, overly so I believe. The way that I use my 465 it could easily be replaced with a larger compact loader. My issue has always been the ROI of one of these machines. I can always keep a 3000 plus ROC skid steer busy doing something, I just wonder about a compact loader if it would be as good at multi tasking. They are very comfortable to run and the visibility is awesome.

Cat's linkage design on the compacts is practically the same as the full size machines, only difference is size.

The Case design is simply flopped upside down and no curves in the arms.

ksss
09-25-2008, 01:41 AM
Cat's linkage design on the compacts is practically the same as the full size machines, only difference is size.

The Case design is simply flopped upside down and no curves in the arms.

Not quite. Although this is not a compact machine, it has the mono boom design.

http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=240902&x=7&f=226704

Gravel Rat
09-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Those little loaders are good for supply yards. A mini wheel loader is quicker to load trucks with than a rubber tired hoe or a skid steer.

bobcat_ron
09-25-2008, 09:59 AM
It's an old design from the old days.

Gravel Rat
09-25-2008, 01:11 PM
You get alot more leverage with that set up and it also works good if your running forks.

coopers
09-25-2008, 08:24 PM
You get alot more leverage with that set up and it also works good if your running forks.

Yeah that's one thing I think they said in the brochure.

Canon Landscaping
09-25-2008, 08:40 PM
We have 2 supply yards and one has a new holland telahandler and the other has a new holland skid. We have looked at these little wheel loaders to replace our aging machines and we like the deere because the rear wheels steer so it turns better. But like KSSS said I think they are overpriced.

coopers
09-26-2008, 08:40 PM
We have 2 supply yards and one has a new holland telahandler and the other has a new holland skid. We have looked at these little wheel loaders to replace our aging machines and we like the deere because the rear wheels steer so it turns better. But like KSSS said I think they are overpriced.

What are they going for these days? New that is, I can look up used...

stuvecorp
09-27-2008, 12:01 AM
I got to run the 221 and 321 at Tomahawk, really liked them. They are so over priced unfortunately that the value just doesn't seem to be there. For the money a decent used bigger loader would be way cheaper. I see they have Case engines now too instead of Duetz I think?

ksss
09-27-2008, 02:46 PM
What are they going for these days? New that is, I can look up used...

There is a 221 on the lot here and it is priced in the mid 80's. They sold a 221 earlier in the year. It is to be used primarily for snow removal. Thats a lot of snow to push to make the payment on one of those.

stuvecorp
09-27-2008, 07:58 PM
That one year I put a little over 200 hours plowing on the 906, still need more snow to afford $80,000.

coopers
09-28-2008, 04:30 PM
WOW! That is a lot of money for that little guy. It would be worth it to just go to a larger loader.

ksss
09-28-2008, 04:56 PM
WOW! That is a lot of money for that little guy. It would be worth it to just go to a larger loader.

You could certainly find a good used 621D for that same money. The issue of course becomes using a sledge hammer when you need a finishing hammer.

coopers
09-28-2008, 08:06 PM
The issue of course becomes using a sledge hammer when you need a finishing hammer.

Very true. I have seen some nice 221D's that are $45,000 plus and the same goes for the Deere 244J's. So there are some Case mini's and then the Deere J models that can be found for a decent price. I would only have a use for the small loaders for the yard and moving material around...But since I'd like to pick up a 580C in the next year or so the backhoe can do the job just fine. If I do decide to get into the screening of compost and topsoil, a loader the size of a Deere 444J would be great. But like everyone else, I don't think I could swallow $80K for a new 221E....I'd put that money into a 120 excavator.