PDA

View Full Version : My new ride, I mean company truck.

Southside Lawn Services
09-25-2008, 05:11 AM
I'm also new on here, but have become addicted to this site. Anyway, here's my new to me, LIKE NEW 2005 Excursion Diesel EB 4x4.

grasseaters
09-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Very nice interior.

Scag413
09-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Thats beautiful!

JosephLawnCare
09-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Nice ride. I love those. Probably the best thing Ford made.

LushGreenLawn
09-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Your going to use that for your business?

02DURAMAX
09-25-2008, 01:01 PM
why would you use that and not a pick-up?...how many workers do you need in one crew?

Southside Lawn Services
09-25-2008, 03:18 PM
This is what I still have, "see pic", but I just couldn't pass up the Excursion w/ the diesel. Especially since they quit making them. I'm a 1 man crew, until I surpass 75 accounts. So, I can keep it clean and ride in style. Plus, with 4 kids I can use it for everyday use unlike my F-250. The kids say the back seat is to uncomfortable.
My wife has the 05 Suburban Z71, so now we can carry 16 people to UVA football games.

kreft
09-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Have fun paying for fuel! It's 3.89 here btw.

LushGreenLawn
09-25-2008, 07:44 PM

Its people like this that make gas prices higher for everyone. Every car is a gas hog!

Its also people like him that makes our taxes higher, he's going to write it off as a work truck, but you know full well he's not going to use it as one...

RedMax Man
09-25-2008, 08:53 PM
The dealer must have been thrilled to see that rig leave the lot.

Very American though, its nice. :usflag:

STIHL GUY
09-25-2008, 09:05 PM
nice i like it

Southside Lawn Services
09-25-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm speechless. To everyone else, I'm sorry. I didn't think I would have to deal with a reply like this.

lushgreenlawn,
It's funny, the more I read your post, the more I realize, it's not worth a reply. But since you were bold enough, I guess I can be too. So here it is.

I'm gonna pull a 5,000 lbs trailer on my beach cruiser because the F-250 is "FOR SALE" and will be gone by next week, read my signature. Atleast that way, I won't be the cause for your higher taxes or higher fuel prices.

In the world of success, people drive nice vehicles. We've had the Suburban since 2005. And the diesel gets better mileage than the 5.4L, so your reply is actually, well, STUPID. I bet my work truck is cleaner than most personal vehicles. And my Excursion will be the same. And since when is it illegal to drive a company vehicle off the clock, " AS LONG AS THE RECEIPTS AND MILEAGE STATEMENTS DON'T SHOW ABUSE OF THE SYSTEM."

z71tiger
09-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Its people like this that make gas prices higher for everyone. Every car is a gas hog!

i just heard on fox news that the price of gas spiked 3 cents today because speculators read on lawn site that he bought a used excursion.... give me a break

02DURAMAX
09-25-2008, 09:28 PM

aslong as you price your jobs right fuel is not a problem,,,,well atleast not to me..

02DURAMAX
09-25-2008, 09:29 PM
This is what I still have, "see pic", but I just couldn't pass up the Excursion w/ the diesel. Especially since they quit making them. I'm a 1 man crew, until I surpass 75 accounts. So, I can keep it clean and ride in style. Plus, with 4 kids I can use it for everyday use unlike my F-250. The kids say the back seat is to uncomfortable.
My wife has the 05 Suburban Z71, so now we can carry 16 people to UVA football games.

Then why is it for sale in your sig..For $10,500:confused:

Southside Lawn Services
09-25-2008, 09:33 PM
RedMax Man- Actually, I had to bid against 2 other men to get it. It was traded in Friday night, and it was brought to me Saturday morning after a bidding war. Excursion Diesels are popular here when you can find them.

Southside Lawn Services
09-25-2008, 09:36 PM
The F-250 is For Sale for $10,500. If I can't put that there, I will take it off. I don't want anymore trouble.

doubleedge
09-25-2008, 11:06 PM

How? Buying a suv to pull a trailer when you dont need a box? The gas mileage will be the same... It is congress that is making the gas prices so high. Thank God the offshore drilling ban will expire in a week and the democrats dont have enough support to stop it. Now if only we could drill in ANWR...

Its also people like him that makes our taxes higher, he's going to write it off as a work truck, but you know full well he's not going to use it as one...

WE dont make our taxes higher. Its power hungry bureaucrats that raise taxes so they have more control over us. That statement probably makes me sound paranoid, but im not.

Warning: the following is probably off subject (I had an ADD moment) and probably doesn't apply to the previous post. Read at your own leisure.

Think about it: Option one is let us use our money to spend as we see fit, and spend it on what what we need, want, or think will be a good investment (the government doesn't care if the investment is good or not, they are not paying for it). All of those thing stimulate the economy (create more jobs which decreases poverty and increases tax revenues) and create more wealth (making the dollar go up).

Option two is to let the government take our money, redistribute it to who and what they see fit (not efficiently, mind you). The government creates overpaid jobs to decide what to do with our money, and underpaid jobs to actually do it. It is like giving them money so they can take money to redistribute it (if that makes sense to anybody but me).

doubleedge
09-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Very nice truck, by the way.

LushGreenLawn
09-26-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm speechless. To everyone else, I'm sorry. I didn't think I would have to deal with a reply like this.

lushgreenlawn,
It's funny, the more I read your post, the more I realize, it's not worth a reply. But since you were bold enough, I guess I can be too. So here it is.

I'm gonna pull a 5,000 lbs trailer on my beach cruiser because the F-250 is "FOR SALE" and will be gone by next week, read my signature. Atleast that way, I won't be the cause for your higher taxes or higher fuel prices.

In the world of success, people drive nice vehicles. We've had the Suburban since 2005. And the diesel gets better mileage than the 5.4L, so your reply is actually, well, STUPID. I bet my work truck is cleaner than most personal vehicles. And my Excursion will be the same. And since when is it illegal to drive a company vehicle off the clock, " AS LONG AS THE RECEIPTS AND MILEAGE STATEMENTS DON'T SHOW ABUSE OF THE SYSTEM."

OK, here's the deal. When I'm having a really bad day, I can be an A-hole. I see that I jumped the gun a little bit. I hate seeing people that cheat on their taxes, taking fake deductions, ect, and I hate the guy that drives a Hummer back and forth to his office job, but thats not you. Sorry about that!

Classified
09-26-2008, 08:21 AM
OK, here's the deal. When I'm having a really bad day, I can be an A-hole. I see that I jumped the gun a little bit. I hate seeing people that cheat on their taxes, taking fake deductions, ect, and I hate the guy that drives a Hummer back and forth to his office job, but thats not you. Sorry about that!

Sounds like your a bit jealous more than anything. I cant wait for the day that I just drive my diesel truck back and forth to A office. Dont try to be like the rest of the popultion and try to control everything and anything.

Also to the OP, Nice X!

My Cousin has one, the last year of the diesel as well and he loves it. He just uses it to get groceries and take the kids out. His wife drives it most of the time, LOL. They never hooked up a trailer to it yet, Haha

LushGreenLawn
09-26-2008, 10:10 AM
No, not jealous. I could buy a Hummer if I wanted one, they are not any more expensive than a sports car. Its just that, if you really think about it, there is only so much non-renewable energy to go around. Until we find something non-renewable, driving something that gets such lousy mileage around town for show is a waste.

The more fuel we use, the less there is for everybody. I'm far from a tree hugger, but with the gas prices the way they are, the best thing society can do right now is conserve.

I'm not trying to start a great debate, I was more trying to explain why I got a little hot-headed to the person that I (rightfully) offended.

Its just my opinion, everyones is different.

Signature Landscaping1
09-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Dude its personal preference, not only your opinion.

Awesome looking Excursion, nice choice of tires too.

J&R Landscaping
09-26-2008, 06:51 PM
aslong as you price your jobs right fuel is not a problem,,,,well atleast not to me..

DITTO! Nice truck/SUV! :usflag: