PDA

View Full Version : Spill guard on a 4 in 1 bucket

minimax
09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
So I'm a copy cat too,but mine is removeable,I put some tube I welded on the bucket and the spill gurad drops into the tubes and I can open and use the clamp part of the bucket like I could before I added the the spill guard.
here are the pics.

minimax

ccstrebe
09-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Nice job, real clean.

Have you thought about using a hitch pin instead of a bolt to hold it in?

The shanks on my scarfier were bolted in and I wound up taking a 1/2" hitch pin and cutting it down in length to hold in the shanks. Quick and painless now.

bobcatuser
09-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Looks good. I need the same for my buckets, probably have a good week of welding projects lined up.

bobcat_ron
09-25-2008, 07:38 PM
How come everyone is trying to copy me? I must be the best, so everyone just follows like the rest!
That does explain my horoscope, "you will find yourself leading today, take the change of command and pursue it.....................oh, and stop touching yourself you pervert."

I would do one up for my combo, but it's like shooting a dead horse, my bucket is just not worth the effort.

Ausman
09-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Do you guys have tilting 4 in 1 buckets over there, we have them so that can tilt 20 degrees down left and right here?

bobcatuser
09-25-2008, 08:59 PM
How come everyone is trying to copy me? I must be the best, so everyone just follows like the rest!
That does explain my horoscope, "you will find yourself leading today, take the change of command and pursue it.....................oh, and stop touching yourself you pervert."

I would do one up for my combo, but it's like shooting a dead horse, my bucket is just not worth the effort.

That's why I like this site, you can see the pros and cons after someone has done the R&D work.

RockSet N' Grade
09-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks for those pics........I now have a new project.....I will be a copy-cat on that one and proud of it!

coopers
09-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I never pay close attention to skidsteers etc. but it is interesting that all of a sudden everyone is putting spill guards on their buckets. Why don't they come with this already?

bobcat_ron
09-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I never pay close attention to skidsteers etc. but it is interesting that all of a sudden everyone is putting spill guards on their buckets. Why don't they come with this already?

http://www.skidsteers.com/skid_steer_bucket_spill_guard_spl.htm

I was considering this company, but it just looked cheap.

Ausman
09-26-2008, 01:47 AM
This is a 6 1n i bucket with all the goodies, these are real handy.

bobcatuser
09-26-2008, 02:39 AM
That looks like a handy attachment. It might take some time to catch on in North America most, operators don't even have 4in1 buckets on compact machines.

I still can't figure out why the 4in1 is standard equipment in AUS but not over here?

bobcat_ron
09-26-2008, 12:59 PM
I thought about that tilting combo, but that really added weight to the bucket, so I am currently looking for a deal on a tilt carriage, something that will be stored on the trailer when not in use, that way I don't have to worry about not having it on the job.