View Full Version : CTL Steel tracks and mulcher

Construct'O
09-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Found this on Ron favorite banned forum:):usflag:

http://www.supertrak.com/PDF/SK140STR.pdf

bobcat_ron
09-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I've seen that posted on HEF.

And I can register again. Maybe I'll try for shot #4 at being banned.

Junior M
09-25-2008, 10:21 PM
I presume that is really a cat right?

Scag48
09-26-2008, 12:01 AM
I presume that is really a cat right?

Yep, a 287 that SuperTrak custom builds. They juice it up to 130 horses I think it is, add a bunch of stuff to handle the mulching head, and to top it all off they manage to throw steel tracks on it.

P.Services
09-26-2008, 12:04 AM
why not just buy a fecon if your that serious for mulching?

Scag48
09-26-2008, 01:27 AM
The cutting head on that unit is a Fecon Bullhog. Should give plenty of tree shredding action.

YellowDogSVC
09-26-2008, 11:59 AM
A local guy just burned his up. Had to send it all the way back to FL for service. That's a long way from TX.

If you want to see something KOOL, check out the mini Iron Wolf on the ASV platform. That's an agressive setup but, as I have come to find out, anything short of a BIG machine is just going to be mediocre performance and high maintenance. I think the Iron wolf head looks incredible, though, and it definitely is more aggressive than the fecon style but how much HP can you fit into an ASV body?

AMCAT
09-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Does that unit have the same Mitsubishi Engine as the 287B CAT ??? If it does 130 HP sounds a little high :cool2:

P.Services
09-26-2008, 12:46 PM
the dennis climaf sp? heads work far better with less hp. they chip, not beat it and shread it. hit a rock and the show is over though.

bobcat_ron
09-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Does that unit have the same Mitsubishi Engine as the 287B CAT ??? If it does 130 HP sounds a little high :cool2:

No, it uses an CAT C4 engine, Cat's engine, not a Cat branded, remember, Cat doesn't make engines under 100 horses, they only brand them because they own the names like Perkins and Mitsubishi.

AMCAT
09-26-2008, 02:24 PM
I just know that on the Mitsubishi Engine 3.3L used in the bigger B series CAT machines it is very easy to boost the power so i was not sure if that is what they done on these :rolleyes:

Junior M
09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I presume they put heavier drive motors on? wouldnt the metal tracks be harder on the stock drive motors?

bobcat_ron
09-26-2008, 08:35 PM
It's an entirely whole different undercarriage, nothing is stock, only the skid steer frame, and even the ass end has major modifications to it, the stock engine, pumps cooling system is ripped out an a beefed up drivetrain and engine and pumps with a bigger cooling system is rammed in with a lot of foreplay.

Junior M
09-26-2008, 08:40 PM
It's an entirely whole different undercarriage, nothing is stock, only the skid steer frame, and even the ass end has major modifications to it, the stock engine, pumps cooling system is ripped out an a beefed up drivetrain and engine and pumps with a bigger cooling system is rammed in with a lot of foreplay.
So that company just buys the shell of the loader from cat?

bobcat_ron
09-26-2008, 08:42 PM
So that company just buys the shell of the loader from cat?

Maybe, or they sell the "guts" back to Cat, who knows.

Construct'O
09-26-2008, 11:08 PM
I posted mainly because of the CTL setup on the Cat mainframe.So is this the same system Cat is going to on there new CTL?

And if so where and who makes the steel tracks for this system?

Might be something some one might want later down the road instead of the rubber tracks for guys that just work in the dirt and brush?:usflag:

Hummer
09-26-2008, 11:43 PM
I posted mainly because of the CTL setup on the Cat mainframe.So is this the same system Cat is going to on there new CTL?

And if so where and who makes the steel tracks for this system?

Might be something some one might want later down the road instead of the rubber tracks for guys that just work in the dirt and brush?:usflag:

I seem to recall seeing pictures of the SK140 in some Berco undercarriage catalogs that I have, so I think that's who makes the steel track system that SuperTrak uses. I also think a Berco rep. that I've talked to based here in the USA confirmed that to me too.

Scag48
09-27-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a Berco undercarriage.