PDA

View Full Version : Bright Green Patches???

Please_Be_Green
09-26-2008, 11:35 AM
As the cool weather returned I have a number of bright green patches throughout the lawn of my new home. I noticed these areas in the early spring also... Are these areas of different type of grasses (blades don't look much different too me), or something else going on here that I should be addressing... The lawn, coverage wise is in very good condition. However, I find the bright green patchy look kind-of fugly....

Thanks in advance.

Marcos
09-26-2008, 06:15 PM
As the cool weather returned I have a number of bright green patches throughout the lawn of my new home. I noticed these areas in the early spring also... Are these areas of different type of grasses (blades don't look much different too me), or something else going on here that I should be addressing... The lawn, coverage wise is in very good condition. However, I find the bright green patchy look kind-of fugly....

Thanks in advance.

...could be any number of things.

Why don't you try to post a digital pic or two on here?
Do a landscape shot from afar, and a couple close-ups of the grass blades from the respective "different looking patches".

My initial blind guess is that you have a hodge-podge of turf-type tall fescue blended in with ky bluegrass, in random patches throughout your lawn.
Let's see how accurate that is!!! :waving: