PDA

View Full Version : September Sales

Mike M
09-26-2008, 11:59 AM
So how's everyone doing? I am starting to get some interest in demo's, but not as much as I had hope. The landscape industry here is crying about the slowdown on many levels.

TXNSLighting
09-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Its been slow but not bad. Our home and garden show is today through sunday so i think that will really pick up.

JoeyD
09-26-2008, 02:05 PM
All good here at Unique!!! Cranking away! 24v is blowing up!!!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
09-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Zero complaints here. September is one of the slower sales months as everyone heads out of our area and back to their "real lives". But this gives us a chance to breathe again, catch up on service work and take a bit of time off after the summer. It's an annual thing which I have come to appreciate.

YTD over 2007 is WAY up.

Time to book those last few installations in before the snow starts flying, then it is full bore on developing the LED distribution biz this coming winter.

David Gretzmier
09-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Christmas light closes are up from last year, and landscape lighting was nil from sept 1-now. luckily we start hanging Christmas lights on sept 15 or this month would be a dud.

Chris J
09-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I've had an absolutely stellar September. YTD is still down over 07, but this month has given several NICE jobs. H&P show next week along with 20,000 mailers. Should be a good 4th quarter.

Mike M
10-01-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm waiting for a couple of prospective clients to give me demo dates. It's like the earth is standing still.

And this whole economy thing is cracking me up. It's like Y2K all over again. Time to go buy a bunch of shotgun shells and load the closet with canned pasta.

Anyone remember the episode on Taxi where Rev Jim (Christopher Lloyd) had a pantry full of spaghettio's?

EOL
10-03-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm just glad I got through August. I guess it was because we are still in a drought out here in the hill country and nobody wanted to be outside at all. Well now that it is pretty pleasant here at night now ranging between 65 and 75 degrees at night more people are beginning to venture outside to enjoy the the outdoors. September picked up for me. Just yesterday the beginning of the month I closed on 3 lighting jobs. Yea hoo!!!

Mike M
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Thank goodness for the cold dark weather!

Lite4
10-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Been deader than a sack of hammers here. Phone hasn't rung for well over a month.

EOL
10-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Well I wish everyone the best. I can't wait to get a new President so that everyone can feel at ease again and start spending money.:usflag:

Vineyard_Inc
10-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Well I wish everyone the best. I can't wait to get a new President so that everyone can feel at ease again and start spending money.:usflag:

Hopefully that will help

Mark B
10-05-2008, 10:01 PM
It has been slow for me as well. So I went back to my old trade (pipefitting) until things get better. I'm tired of thinging about how bad winter will be. The company I went with says they have over a year of work lined up.

So I work 4 days a week. I still get to do lighting. So it works out good for me. I have been employed for 4 weeks now. I have slept better the past 4 weeks then I have in a long time.

Mike M
10-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

I will keep plugging away, but not aggressively. I need to pay my mortgage and sleep at night. I will probably substitute teach as soon as lawn season ends. I have postcards going out this month.

No use throwing a ton of money out there advertising. My region is hurting.

For psychological well-being, I am going to spend some extra time with family/kids, and maybe get back into the outdoors.

I'm looking at some backpacking if things get real quiet this winter.

I have even been scouting some game lands for deer, almost got run over by a small group of feral hogs. lol. Southern woods are nuts.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Mike if it is deer you are after then come on Up North... We have a herd of about 7 to 11 or so that cross my property every night between Midnight and 2am... they eat everything in their path and my Wife would be more then happy to get rid of them all!

Our Weekly News Magazine, McLean's, recently ran an article about the incredible overpopulation of White Tail Deer that are taking over Ontario... Apparently the herd has increased in numbers by some 500,000 in recent years! Some towns along the Urban fringe are actually having deer roam down the mainstreets during daylight hours and houses are being "broken into". It is getting a bit thick around this neck-o-da-woods.

Have a great day.

Mike M
10-06-2008, 04:46 PM
http://www.wesjones.com/hogswild.htm

This is a funny feature on feral hogs that appeared in the New Yorker. Describes the south and the "red" states, too.

I was searching for info on hog attacks. The game-lands ranger guy at my car told me I should have climbed a tree.