PDA

View Full Version : Some Of todays work

Kglenn04
09-26-2008, 03:34 PM
my belt tends to slide anyone know why that might happen or how I can fix that?

dura to the max
09-26-2008, 04:42 PM
the tension on the pulleys should be able to be adjusted.

FDuce
09-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Your drive pulley is set up for 2 v-belts, not 1 flat belt. This causes your current flat belt to ride on the top of the pulley, not in the groves like 2 v-belts are supposed to. Get the correct belts.

Kglenn04
09-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Your drive pulley is set up for 2 v-belts, not 1 flat belt. This causes your current flat belt to ride on the top of the pulley, not in the groves like 2 v-belts are supposed to. Get the correct belts.

thats what I was thinking thank you for the insite.

scaglawnsnj
09-26-2008, 07:21 PM
thats what I was thinking thank you for the insite.

I don't think its your belt. Had the same issue with my scag. Turned out the bearing for the belt spindle was bad, causing it to wobble and slip off. It will get worse over a few weeks. Right before the pulley in pic. There is a bearing holder w/ two bolts. Its bolted to the frame. the bearing is purely blown out.
Its the bearing the shaft sits on. You got me. check to see if there is any play.

dura to the max
09-26-2008, 07:26 PM

wider belts are made w/ two v's in them. im kind of agreeing w/ the last poster about the bearing as well as sticking w/ my previous post.

dura to the max
09-26-2008, 07:28 PM
this aside from your original post. you have a great start-up rig. low cost, efficient, and the tools you need to make money. i would begin to phase that ryobi stuff out in the near future, but its a great rig for start-up.

oh, and your blower needs a fuel cap...maybe your the reason for the fuel shortage...

Turf Commando
09-26-2008, 08:08 PM
When you strip let the deck hang over a bit each pass, keep width (one size), otherwise keep up the good work..TC

Kennedy Landscaping
09-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Wheres the gas cap on the blower?!?

Kglenn04
09-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Thank you everyone tomorrow im going to take a look at the spendls as well as get a tighter belt because I have way to much slack on the left belt now that I think about it, you guys are great

Kglenn04
09-26-2008, 11:07 PM
When you strip let the deck hang over a bit each pass, keep width (one size), otherwise keep up the good work..TC

I feel like that is good advice but what do you mean when I strip? ohhhhh never mind, do you mean dont try to go wheel line to wheel line?

Kglenn04
09-26-2008, 11:13 PM
this aside from your original post. you have a great start-up rig. low cost, efficient, and the tools you need to make money. i would begin to phase that ryobi stuff out in the near future, but its a great rig for start-up.

oh, and your blower needs a fuel cap...maybe your the reason for the fuel shortage...

Lmao Fuel shortage

Kglenn04
09-26-2008, 11:19 PM

the gas cap for the blower is on a gas can that blower has some issues with the choke so I really dont use it I'd like to fix it if I knew how.A lot of dealers dont or wont see it as worth there time to take a look at it, I'm going to fix it or take a look at it tomorrow as well as put up some new shots of the newest addtion to my rig my red max blower EB-7 sereis yes yes thats right I got it and will be testing it out tomorrow as well.:):):):):)

Turf Commando
09-27-2008, 11:55 PM
I feel like that is good advice but what do you mean when I strip? ohhhhh never mind, do you mean dont try to go wheel line to wheel line?

Your strips need to be more defined be consistant where your deck is be equal....If your deck is 36'' keep the strips 36'' both directions UNDERSTAND...?
Thats what seperates Professional vs lawn boy....

02DURAMAX
09-28-2008, 01:58 AM

thats what i was thinking.

STIHL GUY
09-28-2008, 10:01 PM
my belt slips to the side every once in a while too i just spend 5 minutes to move it back and it usuallly will stay for a month or 2.

dura to the max
09-28-2008, 11:04 PM
i was the one who originally mentioned the missing fuel cap...give credit where credit is due...

Kglenn04
09-28-2008, 11:16 PM
i was the one who originally mentioned the missing fuel cap...give credit where credit is due...

lol yes you where...

dura to the max
09-28-2008, 11:17 PM
^^^i was noticed!!!

Kglenn04
09-28-2008, 11:27 PM
lol yeah I got you