PDA

View Full Version : new shoes for the 332

P.Services
09-26-2008, 05:58 PM
im instaling my new tracks on the skid. no other machine around to help and no other worker to help me. im exhausted. cant wait to get it back to work with the 305.

mrsops
09-26-2008, 06:33 PM
im instaling my new tracks on the skid. no other machine around to help and no other worker to help me. im exhausted. cant wait to get it back to work with the 305.

i will be very impressed if you can get them on yourself. so now you like the 305 :)

BrandonV
09-26-2008, 06:41 PM
how many hours you get out of the tracks?

Dirt Digger2
09-26-2008, 06:42 PM
you have the 305 still...use it to help replace the tracks

Dirtman2007
09-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I've always used the mini ex to help lift and then have someone pry it on with a big bar. I'm not saying its not impossible to put a track on by yourself, but it ain't far from it:rolleyes:
I'd con a friend over to help out!

P.Services
09-26-2008, 09:48 PM
i was going to bring the 305 home to help but didnt need it to bad. they are hard to do but took me 30 minutes per side start to finish. just over a hour once i had to pump it back up with greese

dont scold me on not cleaning out the mud it will be back five minutes after it gets back to work so i didnt bother.

P.Services
09-26-2008, 09:52 PM
im not sure on how many hours they had, jdskidsteer would have to tell you that. they still had a lot of tread left as you can see, im not to happy. a steel cord should never break like that. now if it is rusted i can see that breaking but this wasnt at all. these better last.

bobcat_ron
09-26-2008, 09:54 PM
I did mine on my T190 with my dad, right on the trailer, no equipment was used, just an excavator to lift the tracks next to the machine. I take pity on anyone who had to do that in the bush in the mud or in the sun, I feel your pain.

dozerman21
09-26-2008, 10:58 PM
im not sure on how many hours they had, jdskidsteer would have to tell you that. they still had a lot of tread left as you can see, im not to happy. a steel cord should never break like that. now if it is rusted i can see that breaking but this wasnt at all. these better last.

I just replaced mine. I went with the Landmaster tracks that have the Bridgestone pattern.

Did you rotate your sprockets?

P.Services
09-26-2008, 11:01 PM
no i didnt have time and may put new ones on in 20 hours.

Dirtman2007
09-26-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm surprised you did not change your sprockets too. I was always told to replace the sprockets everytime you change tracks as the sprockets wear to the track. Meaning those sprockets are going to F up those new tracks.

An example

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Picture205.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Picture206.jpg

Look at how much the sprockets had worn in 700 hours. Although they might not look bad, you my be surprised at just how much is missing from them. Just food for thought.

P.Services
09-26-2008, 11:04 PM
i may change them, i dont have much faith in any track. i dont see the rubber or the cords outlasting the steel componets. let the track get worn weird because its going to get replaced before it becomes a issue.

Dirtman2007
09-26-2008, 11:10 PM
How many hours did you get out of them?

dozerman21
09-26-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm surprised you did not change your sprockets too. I was always told to replace the sprockets everytime you change tracks as the sprockets wear to the track. Meaning those sprockets are going to F up those new tracks.

An example

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Picture205.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Picture206.jpg

Look at how much the sprockets had worn in 700 hours. Although they might not look bad, you my be surprised at just how much is missing from them. Just food for thought.

I don't think I've ever seen CTL sprockets wear like that with just 700 hours. I don't mean to point blame, but do you guys keep proper tension in the tracks? Maybe too tight? It looks like something has caused those teeth to sharpen, unless the weight of the TK tracks causes the spockets to wear quicker.

The sprockets on my CT332 look like new at 950 hours. I didn't mean to replace them, just switch sides. It should help them wear even a little better. CTL sprockets generally last you through 2 sets of tracks.

P.Services
09-26-2008, 11:17 PM
i agree mine dont look that bad. i put a mic on the steel bars (not sure what they are called) in the new tracks and then on the old tracks, only a tiny bit of wear. so that told me the sproket wears and the track doesnt(as much). the bars on both tracks are the same exact shape, all exept the one before and after the torn cord they are worn odd.

Dirtman2007
09-26-2008, 11:36 PM
I don't think I've ever seen CTL sprockets wear like that with just 700 hours. I don't mean to point blame, but do you guys keep proper tension in the tracks? Maybe too tight? It looks like something has caused those teeth to sharpen, unless the weight of the TK tracks causes the sprockets to wear quicker.

The sprockets on my CT332 look like new at 950 hours. I didn't mean to replace them, just switch sides. It should help them wear even a little better. CTL sprockets generally last you through 2 sets of tracks.

I'm not going to lie, we ran that 150 like a Vegas hooker when we first bought it. That machine did things a Cat D6 should have been doing. We worked in alot of real deep, wet, sand mud for 100's of hours and I believe that is what did the wear and tear on the sprockets. That's a lot of force on those sprockets working in 12" of mud with a 1 yard bucket pushing 3-4 yards of muck. I've had to keep them tight as they would tend to "pop off" if you get on a slope or hit a stump just right.

here's what the little feller goes through

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=MEg5dCfCCqI

Digdeep
09-26-2008, 11:50 PM

Excellent point. It is very important to change the sprockets when you change the tracks otherwise the new tracks will see much shorter life. Swapping sides will have a small benefit but the worn sprocket will still cause increased wear to the new track when the machine is going in the opposite direction. I've seen my customer's rip bars out of new tracks in under 200 hours when they didn't change the sprockets.

P.Services
09-26-2008, 11:55 PM
dirtman do you have a problem with mud and soil getting packed in the bucket cylinder pins and bushings?

my get so packed i have to take the in out and clean them out.

Dirtman2007
09-27-2008, 12:04 AM
dirtman do you have a problem with mud and soil getting packed in the bucket cylinder pins and bushings?

my get so packed i have to take the in out and clean them out.

That's why we took the 4 in 1 bucket off and use the 1 yard flat bucket instead. mud mould get so packed in between the lines it was impossibe to get out until it dried. as far as the pins you just have to grease the crap out of them a couple times a day to prevent them from getting clogged up.

JDSKIDSTEER
09-27-2008, 03:13 PM
The origionals on that machine were replaced at 850 hours because the rubber where the rollers ran chunked out and beat the machine up.Steel did not fail. From what you told me these got around 1100 to 1200 hours which is great. We just rotated the sprockets. They still look preety good for 1900 hours.

I like the solid deal mainly because they do not beat the machine up as bad. The rubber on the Bridgestones on the inside looks like your solid deals in 250 to 300 hours. Neither brand realy ever weae the outside tread out on CT332's.