PDA

View Full Version : Fall is around the corner are you ready

Kglenn04
09-26-2008, 06:36 PM
I was talking to some landscapers in the area and I wanted to create this thread to see how people will be gearing up for the fall

-what type of gear will you be using and why?

-whatís the plan for bring on new clients

-Any new ideas to help stop theft Iím thinking about opening a spot on my soon to be rig just for someone to watch the Gear, some of the stories on here are crazy

punt66
09-26-2008, 06:43 PM
I was talking to some landscapers in the area and I wanted to create this thread to see how people will be gearing up for the fall

-what type of gear will you be using and why?

-whatís the plan for bring on new clients

-Any new ideas to help stop theft Iím thinking about opening a spot on my soon to be rig just for someone to watch the Gear, some of the stories on here are crazy

dont need new clients here. Im booked.

This weekend im putting on the bagger and mounting the leafloader. All fall equipment gets an oil change and air filters blown out. Other than that just keep mowing. I dont do cleanups outside my mowing list so i stay on top of the leaves as i mow with the bagger. Then give a final cleanupbefore it snows.

Kglenn04
09-26-2008, 07:24 PM
dont need new clients here. Im booked.

This weekend im putting on the bagger and mounting the leafloader. All fall equipment gets an oil change and air filters blown out. Other than that just keep mowing. I dont do cleanups outside my mowing list so i stay on top of the leaves as i mow with the bagger. Then give a final cleanupbefore it snows.

good plan I like that

lawn crafters
09-26-2008, 07:25 PM
well i am getting a 5x10 enclosed trailer tommarow. so i will build 5ft sides on my little 4x6 trailer and use that as a leave rig. it will be a pain but all well. other than that i give out fall cleanup flyers.

Florida Gardener
09-26-2008, 10:44 PM
oh i am def ready. I live in florida so we still cut here in winter(every other week), but i have already gotten 2 weeding jobs from one customer, a weeding/mulching job from another, and should be getting 2 more pruning/weeding/cleanup jobs from 2 other customers. i love it.

White Gardens
09-26-2008, 11:54 PM
I can't even think of fall yet. I've got some installs (no plantings) that I want to get done before the ground freezes.:dizzy:

Luckily I can do a switchover pretty quickly if need be.

Kglenn04
09-27-2008, 12:35 AM
I can't even think of fall yet. I've got some installs (no plantings) that I want to get done before the ground freezes.:dizzy:

Luckily I can do a switchover pretty quickly if need be.

I have a guy who wants me to do a conversion for him but he needs to call me ASAP

Mike33
09-27-2008, 02:41 AM
Making all the fast $ i can to bbuld my winter cash flow.
Mike

PSUturf
09-28-2008, 04:48 PM
We got a Mulch Mule with the vacuum option so that will get used for the few leaf cleanups we do.

Kglenn - to prevent theft move farther away from Detroit. :) I've always tried to keep any hand held gas powered equipment within in my sight at all times.

BlackCloudDiesel
09-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Haven't even switched the Walker's over to bagging this season. Bagging decks need to be put on machines, as well as the white hoppers. I've got the fleet of Little Wonder walk behind blowers up and running, as well as all of my extra Shindaiwa backpack blowers. The truck loader is on the lil' dumper so I'm almost ready to go. I'll be bagging within a few weeks....

Kglenn04
09-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Kglenn - to prevent theft move farther away from Detroit. :) I've always tried to keep any hand held gas powered equipment within in my sight at all times.

I hear that I think thats where a lot of Landscapers mess up is right there

02DURAMAX
09-29-2008, 02:04 AM
Aerator is out and ready to go Monday...and leaf equipment.