PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem.

CSRA Landscaping
02-05-2002, 08:16 PM
My wife's Ford Contour (I know it's not a truck but I figured you guys may be able to help) won't shut off the tbrake lights, even when the car is off. I think it may have something to do with the coffee that I spilled in it today (around the gear shifter) and also now the CC won't work. Battery is disconnected now so it won't run dead. Help!

CT18fireman
02-05-2002, 09:01 PM
Let it dry out overnight (in a warm garage) Then see what happens in the morning. Could just be some liquid in a connection. If not you may need to start doing more work which will involve opening up the area around where the coffee was spilled.

CSRA Landscaping
02-05-2002, 09:10 PM
Thanks, CT18. I figured that it may need to dry out, unfortunately it will have to be in freezing weather, as I have no garage. :(

jc1
02-05-2002, 10:06 PM
most likely the stop light switch is out of adjustment. they are usually located on a bracket above the brake pedal. most have a plunger that can be slid into the bracket to adjust closer so light will go out. the cruise isnt working because the car thinks you have applied the brake. I hope this helps.

CSRA Landscaping
02-05-2002, 10:09 PM
JC1, I will def. check that out! Thanks, I'll let you know if that does the trick after I check it.

CSRA Landscaping
02-06-2002, 10:01 PM
JC1, you hit the nail right on the head. The switch had come out of the bracket. All I had to do was put it back in and twist. Didn't even have to use a screwdriver.:rolleyes:

I never would have thought of that without your help. Thank you.

CT18fireman
02-07-2002, 03:55 PM
Well that had nothing to do with the coffee.

Glad you got it fixed.

CSRA Landscaping
02-07-2002, 05:07 PM
LOL :laugh:
CT18, I was extremely happy that it didn't have anything to do with the coffee. That most likely would have meant a short. :(

jc1
02-07-2002, 05:16 PM
I am glad I was able to help. I have been reading and searching alot on here and have gained alot of knowledge from everyone here.