PDA

View Full Version : Video of me mowing a front yard.

MileHigh
09-27-2008, 12:12 AM
I am obviously a little bored with my mowing, so I decided to video tape me in action?

I know it's a bit bumpy but it the best that I could mount the camera.

Probably gonna get bashed but whatever. I use a one wheeled sulky that's much better than walking, haven't had anyone complain yet.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQeU_2Qhz1Q

RedMax Man
09-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Looks like you mowed the lawn the same direction last 10 times. Better to do a different pattern each mowing if possible. See how flat the grass?

I feel like a bobble head:laugh:

lawn looks healthy though and very green:)

MileHigh
09-27-2008, 12:22 AM
I mowed it across the other way and the customer said it looked bad, I said what about the ruts, she said what ruts?

Kennedy Landscaping
09-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Damn that grass is green. I watched the whole video.

mr mow
09-27-2008, 12:25 AM
I thought that was pretty cool. Was to neat to see how another lco would approach a lawn...I would have done the turning border alot different, but i liked how you did it better. Would also make a good training video for newbies, its always difficult to explain the concept of striping or atleast difficult for them to get it. Good Job!

Uranus
09-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, now I have gotten sick from two films. Yours and the Blair witch.

Nice job

Classified
09-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Now I know what my gas tank feels like!

Nice vid, put some funky music to it and youll have a pretty entertaining vid, lol

freshprince94
09-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Nice work and stripes.

Why is this on Youtube Canada?

TNT LawnCare Inc.
09-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Grass is nice and healthy , looks nice thou. Next time have the Misses hold the Video player LOL !

MileHigh
09-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Nice work and stripes.

Why is this on Youtube Canada?

thx,

I don't think I set the part on youtube where you have your location. I have two other lawns that I did that same day, but are taking way to long to load on there, I'll get em on there soon.

AndyTblc
09-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I mowed it across the other way and the customer said it looked bad, I said what about the ruts, she said what ruts?

Tell her that it has to be cut the other way once in a while, I think she said it looks like crap is because you probly cut it that way so many times then switched to a different way, that it's not used to going that way. Maybe do a double cut, at angles, just to get the grass going a different way.

pdenney11
09-27-2008, 02:58 PM
WOW that yard is really green, looks nice. Agree with changing the cutting pattern once in a while though.

MileHigh
09-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Tell her that it has to be cut the other way once in a while, I think she said it looks like crap is because you probly cut it that way so many times then switched to a different way, that it's not used to going that way. Maybe do a double cut, at angles, just to get the grass going a different way.

I think I will, thx.

razor1
09-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Pretty cool, what type of camera and mount did you use?

MileHigh
09-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Pretty cool, what type of camera and mount did you use?

Thanks. Nikon Coolpix s210 was the camera.

The mount was a called a Click n Stick, or a suction cup monopod.

Here is the link for the monopod: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8345622&type=product&id=1176506228750

S man
09-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Man you mow slow! When I'm on my lazer I'm hauling butt and it still comes out good.

Jason Rose
09-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Were you cutting anything off at all?

I'm not used to that type of mowing at all... Around here we cut 3, 4, 5 inches off each week. Heck, in the spring/early summer even more! Definately no possibility to mulch anything, and even discharging is very limited, most everyone bags because of the volume of grass.

MileHigh
09-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Man you mow slow! When I'm on my lazer I'm hauling butt and it still comes out good.

I was mowing a gear or two down so the camera wouldn't shake so bad.

Were you cutting anything off at all?

I'm not used to that type of mowing at all... Around here we cut 3, 4, 5 inches off each week.

The grass around here has stopped growing as much as earlier in the season.
I was bagging, and cut off I'd say about and inch or an inch and a half.

redmax fan
09-28-2008, 01:23 AM
not trying to be a smart ass but just my opinion on how'd ide do it .
like others said it lookslike same pattern every time = ruts / grass laying down . plus its too short . ide use that little 21" husky on your trailer and skip a week then start cutting it longer which'll make that grass healthier . ide also cut it in a cross pattern to how it now is , and ide explain to customer why . and tell her if you cut it longerthe longer blades hold moisture in soil longer because they shade it better , plus prevent more weeds from rooting .

cool seeing the video , except i think im sea sick :dizzy:

T.Brandon
09-28-2008, 02:00 AM
Don't let them bash you man! Came out great!

02DURAMAX
09-28-2008, 03:15 AM
Looks Great NIce and Green!!!

STIHL GUY
09-28-2008, 11:06 PM
nice green grass

RedMax Man
09-29-2008, 07:09 PM

LOL hauling butt!

punt66
09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Picture is not near clear enough to make judgements on lenght or pattern. Am i missing something?

S man
09-29-2008, 10:41 PM
I was mowing a gear or two down so the camera wouldn't shake so bad.

The grass around here has stopped growing as much as earlier in the season.
I was bagging, and cut off I'd say about and inch or an inch and a half.

That makes sense. If you took a video of you mowing with the camera in a fixed position watching you that would be nice to see and you would be able to mow faster.

mr mow
09-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Guys....does it really matter how fast hes mowing??? its not a race!! The lawn look decent to me and his customer is happy...i will concede he needs to change directions, but we all started somewhere....didnt we????