PDA

View Full Version : John Deere hydraulic problems skid

Travel'n Trees
09-27-2008, 01:55 AM
I have a 270 skid and in 2040 hours we have had over 21k in repairs to the hydraulics, we are cycling through them again $3000 a tenth of a hour later 5800 more and they say be prepared for another 5800 soon, because this will be the next weak link. anyone have these problems. It has too much pressure and blows everything up. And be careful I have caught 3 John Deere dealers over charging, this time I was charged 3 times to fill my hydraulic fluid, in one trip and hydraulic fluid by the quart 52 to be exact and they used bulk but charged 1.5 times as much as if I bought it by the 5 gallon bucket, also got charged for a 500 hydraulic line that the tech couldn't find after asked to see which one it was they couldn't find it by MURPHY TRACTOR, But VAN WALL Equipment was way worse. By the way none of the last repairs were approved or mentioned.

bobcat_ron
09-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Get rid of the Deere for something else or just stick to the Deere, but don't keep pouring money into it.

JDSKIDSTEER
09-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Early model 270's were a pain. We took care of all the problems of the ones we sold here early on. I suggest trading in on a 325 or 328.

KTM
09-27-2008, 05:01 PM
I had to get rid of my Deere because the dealer was A snake. Unless your A big farmer that spends big money every year, they give you no respect. You had to brace yourself when you got the total for the bill. overcharged and tacked on to many labor hours. And I doubt the guy will trade it in for A new Deere after that many problems.

Gravel Rat
09-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Is it just as bad as owning a Ford truck :laugh:

Take the machine to a shop that specializes in hydraulics they can adjust or modify what needs to be to make it work.

You must have troubles walking do you need a hemroid cushion to sit down :hammerhead:

I would have gotten rid of the machine if I was dumping money into it. Dumping 21 grand into hydraulic repairs is obscene.

ksss
09-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Getting out of it can be more difficult than it would at first seem. Now that the owner is in to it that far it would be hard get rid of it it. The values on the 200 series Deere machines are not great anyway, and to be that far upside down with higher hours, would be tough. Your almost forced to run the wheels off of it. I cant imagine what could have cost that much, but I would be having words with the shop supervisor.

Gravel Rat
09-27-2008, 07:29 PM
I have a feeling TnT had dealings with the dealer and now they are getting even. So what did you do to pizz them off :laugh:

What in the heck is the shops hourly rate ?

You dump 21 grand into a machine there is something seriously wrong or you are being ripped real bad.

I agree Ksss now your way too deep in the pool your swimming with concrete blocks tied to your ankles.

Sometimes you just have to take a loss and get a new machine.

I see it all the time around here with people dumping money into vehicals that are not worth it. One of the contractors had a excavator like that he kept dumping money into it and finally he had to take a loss sold the machine for way less than what he had into it.

treemover
09-27-2008, 11:08 PM
I had problems with murphy tractor twice. 1st one was rented a 444 loader for a week and said it was rolled and they wanted 10 grand from me! After a month of fighting they realized they had me confused with someone else. Next time try to charge me $450 for 48" of 1/2" hydraulic line. I didnt pay it. Gotta watch them close

ksss
09-28-2008, 04:35 PM
I had problems with murphy tractor twice. 1st one was rented a 444 loader for a week and said it was rolled and they wanted 10 grand from me! After a month of fighting they realized they had me confused with someone else. Next time try to charge me $450 for 48" of 1/2" hydraulic line. I didnt pay it. Gotta watch them close

Sounds like they are appropriately named. I would be looking for another dealer to work with. If those are the obvious times when you catch them making a mistake you know there are others you don't catch.

Travel'n Trees
09-29-2008, 04:08 AM
I have a feeling TnT had dealings with the dealer and now they are getting even. So what did you do to pizz them off :laugh:

What in the heck is the shops hourly rate ?

You dump 21 grand into a machine there is something seriously wrong or you are being ripped real bad.

I agree Ksss now your way too deep in the pool your swimming with concrete blocks tied to your ankles.

Sometimes you just have to take a loss and get a new machine.

I see it all the time around here with people dumping money into vehicals that are not worth it. One of the contractors had a excavator like that he kept dumping money into it and finally he had to take a loss sold the machine for way less than what he had into it.

You try to get by long enough to sell, then you pay them 3k and it doesn't even last 6 minutes and they want 5800 they were recomended after the other two dealers in town could not repair it. Except for the repairs they did only lasted 6 months for over 5000 dollars. Yeah I was told that the state of mo would not go after ford because they are a large employer in our state and would not even look at a case against FORD. Sorry I am still paying for my ford 3 years later, and a JOHN DEERE I should have had them paid for by now but I can't with this kind of lack of quality.