PDA

View Full Version : Cast Lighting Master Series Low Voltage Transformers - Opinions Please

pglover19
09-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Can someone please post your opinions on the cast lighting master series low voltage transformers? I looking at the CM1500SSMT (1500 W) model and what price should I expect to pay. Below is a link to the website..

http://www.cast-lighting.com/transformers.html

irrig8r
09-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Can someone please post your opinions on the cast lighting master series low voltage transformers? I looking at the CM1500SSMT (1500 W) model and what price should I expect to pay. Below is a link to the website..

http://www.cast-lighting.com/transformers.html

I'm not familiar with the transformer, and their website is offline right at the moment, but please, let's NOT discuss pricing here in a public forum.

Go to a CAST distributor and ask. You can find a list of them on the website as I recall.

PatriotLandscape
09-27-2008, 12:26 PM
I have this transformer at my house it a nice setup.

Why not discuss pricing?

irrig8r
09-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Because this a public forum accessible by search engine. Do you want your customer to know exactly what you pay for something?

pglover19
09-27-2008, 01:36 PM

Why not discuss pricing?

Do they make a good quality product?

irrig8r
09-27-2008, 01:46 PM

Why not discuss pricing?

Besides which "pglover19" (if you look at his posting history) appears to be a homeowner looking for bargains and free advice.

Though of course, I've been known to jump to conclusions now and then.... :)

jbailey52
09-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I pretty much strictly use cast, love the brand, and the sales reps couldnt be more helpful

Malibu landscape
09-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I never see that product installed around here. Mostly Vista, FX, Unique and a bunch of cheap generic stuff with no name on it.
Lots of buck boost etc.

jbailey52
09-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Yea... I know they are distributed by a irrigation company which has 10 or so locations around my area... the owners of the irrigation company manufacture the lights under the name cast... I dont know if you can get them around the country other than through the mail.... but Steve Parrot im sure can expand on that..

Either way im happy I can get them! and the guys in the Sewell store couldnt be more helpful

Dreams To Designs
09-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Jason, Cast is only distributed by Aquarius in the small are that Aquarius has locations. The rest of the country has distribution and dealers and there is mail order from distributors like Florida Outdoor Lighting Distributors. Yeah, Mike and Chris along with Jeff are a great crew of guys for information and assistance.

That transformer is of excellent quality and if installed correctly will perform as advertised. You can check the Cast web page for a dealer in your area, but expect to pay a premium price for a premium product. Well worth the reliability.

Kirk

S&MLL
09-29-2008, 01:49 PM
My idea is kichler with a soft start. But that soft start can be hardwired in to any mdl trans. Like Dreams said if you want the quality and not the hassle go with cast.

ZX12R
10-01-2008, 10:04 PM
I have a 1200 watt Cast transformer at my house for three years now. So far,its been flawless. I will not tell you pricing in an open forum though.If you are a homeowner,expect to pay a lot! :)