PDA

View Full Version : some work 2008

scaglawnsnj
09-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Here is a cople photo's of work on the river front home. Very nice yard. These were from march. On the side grass was planted to prevent erosion :hammerhead: I need get ivy tot grown there this fall. Roses will be planted in the retaining wall.
The boxwoods are nuts, dwarf english boxwoods. Guess how much these run?
Thet were planted really close. They will grow nto each other, so they creat a fence. I'll box them out next yr.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
09-27-2008, 02:25 PM
I'd say about $1,500 for the boxwoods for that size ?

Kennedy Landscaping
09-27-2008, 07:35 PM
What the hell is that hole in the wall above the retaining wall. Yeah those boxwoods are way too close.

CkLandscapingOrlando
09-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I bet that hole is a drain and the bed in the retaining wall is a french drain.Or he forgot the plants.From a maintanance stand point I never design right angles.Every thing flows just like the rider.It lessons stress points from the mower.Every time you have to stop and back up or turn a mower to sharp you get stress.Southern turf dont like stress.How are you ancering the wood to the ground?It looks good though.

scaglawnsnj
09-27-2008, 09:00 PM
What the hell is that hole in the wall above the retaining wall. Yeah those boxwoods are way too close.

The hole is a paver pad surounding the pool. that is a gape between the two pool houses. the hole is for drainage. The box woods are plated like that, so they grow into each other. Next yr. they will be squared out, like a fence. A boxwood fence. Not bad for 2200- I did argue with the owner about planting them so close, but I didn't write the check for this job...
I'm still not done with the property. Step by step. well planed. the front is sodded. but this spring will have alot of planting. This job is great. little and large projects yr. round.. not to mention the maintenance of this. This yard is full of 100' river birches . dropping leves and bark yr. round:dizzy: They just planted 5or6 more trees. If I had 50 properties like this one. life would be good. I do quiet a few homes like this.:p

scaglawnsnj
09-27-2008, 09:04 PM
I'd say about $1,500 for the boxwoods for that size ?
1300 with my discount. 2200- grand total. I dug out the land 2'. Replaced it with organic soil mix,part peat and part topsoil. planted 30 boxwoods, mulched. The edging was stared with a level and a steak knife.

scaglawnsnj
09-27-2008, 09:08 PM
I bet that hole is a drain and the bed in the retaining wall is a french drain.Or he forgot the plants.From a maintanance stand point I never design right angles.Every thing flows just like the rider.It lessons stress points from the mower.Every time you have to stop and back up or turn a mower to sharp you get stress.Southern turf dont like stress.How are you ancering the wood to the ground?It looks good though.

You hit the hole right on..
As far as the straight edges, Its a little different. Most of the time I round every bed. I thought it matched the house great. looks old-school.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
09-27-2008, 09:09 PM
1300 with my discount. 2200- grand total. I dug out the land 2'. Replaced it with organic soil mix,part peat and part topsoil. planted 30 boxwoods, mulched. The edging was stared with a level and a steak knife.

I was pretty close LOL :laugh: on the plants

02DURAMAX
09-28-2008, 02:02 AM
I was ganna guess like 2000k -2500k on the boxwoods....I know there alot of money!!

Bull
09-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Please take the tag off of the end of that timber.

scaglawnsnj
09-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Please take the tag off of the end of that timber.

Thats a good one.:laugh: I think I took it off, not sure. Most of the time I will remove them.

That photo is not one of completion. There was some odds and ends. And planting. In the very front they planted, Three river birches. There was ivy planted, witch didn't't take. This fall I'll plant it again. There are roses with a lattice going in the retaining wall. Hopefully the rose grow over the wall, too the pool area. I want to talk the into planting pachysandra in those beds. With ivy growing on top. We'll see though. Its a work in process, not to mention the front property.