PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat specials

mrsops
09-27-2008, 05:08 PM
I must say there giving some big specials at bobcat.. Yo junior nows the time to buy a mini check it out http://www.bobcat.com/offers

Junior M
09-27-2008, 05:14 PM
I am going to get it right now... now where is dirtman I need to borrow that hundred dollars for a payment...:laugh:

man I wish i was in the position to buy a machine right now.. I know i can find some work for it.. especially working as a contractor for the power company my dad works for.. they are always looking for people to ground the substations, it is really tedious work with alot of digging and cad welding but it would be work and alot at that..

Scag48
09-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself, Jr.. You yourself wouldn't be buying anything. Welcome to the world of operator for hire.

Junior M
09-27-2008, 08:57 PM
huh?:confused:

CAT powered
09-27-2008, 08:58 PM
If you're not 18 you can't own or legally operate equipment, Junior.

Junior M
09-27-2008, 09:00 PM
In SC I can legally operate at 16 but yeah the owning part your right.. I wasnt serious about actually going after one.. I barely have enough work right now to own the trailer.. but hey it will get better..

bobcat_ron
09-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Bobcat's getting desperate, sales are slipping too much and they need to clear out old stock!

I think I will buy a new Tilt-Tach next week and take advantage of the attachment financing.

tnmtn
09-27-2008, 09:05 PM
bobcat sales rep stopped by my shop friday afternoon. he told me about the deals. real nice guy. cat rep stopped by 2 weeks ago. i thinks sales aren't where any of the manufacturers would like. how many companies build excavators in the U.S. now?

jcbgm
09-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Market sales are way down. Especially in the compact machine segment. Some markets (geographic) are down as much as 30% over last year. Last year showed about a 10-12% decrease over 2006. The next 18 months will be interesting. 2007's drop wasn't a big deal because the world market still showed growth. This year, the prevailing overseas markets are beginning to slow as well, hurting manufacturers.

The continuing weaking of the dollar is reflected in semi-annual price increases of 3-5% on new iron. This coupled with reduced sales will force many dealers to do drastic things. We're already seeing smaller family owned dealerships for sale. By smaller, I'm speaking of a Bobcat branded dealership in a metropolitan midwest city with 4 branches and 20+ million in annual revenues. There's also a strong, family owned Volvo dealer that's entertaining offers. These are dealers close to me that have openly shared their openess to any offers that are brought to the table.

Add tightening credit standards to the list of dealer and manufacturer troubles as well. Last year, anyone could get a new skidsteer. This year, the number of lenders has been reduced and underwriting requirements are more strict. You better have a clean credit record for the last 5 years and been in business for at least 3.

If you see a need for a new machine in the next 12-18 months and are on the fence, I would take advantage of the situation before the end of the year. Raw material costs continue to skyrocket and credit will continue to tighten.

Most manufacturers offer their best financing/rebate deals during the 4th quarter in order to liquidate dealer inventory. Wait until the 2-3rd week of October and start shopping. Take advantage of dealer inventory and uncle sams depreciation bonus!

ccstrebe
09-28-2008, 10:33 AM
My Cat rep said I got my 297c just in time, Cat is dropping their 0% financing.

mrsops
09-28-2008, 10:38 AM
My Cat rep said I got my 297c just in time, Cat is dropping their 0% financing.

LOL thats a sales pitch for ya

ksss
09-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Market sales are way down. Especially in the compact machine segment. Some markets (geographic) are down as much as 30% over last year. Last year showed about a 10-12% decrease over 2006. The next 18 months will be interesting. 2007's drop wasn't a big deal because the world market still showed growth. This year, the prevailing overseas markets are beginning to slow as well, hurting manufacturers.

The continuing weaking of the dollar is reflected in semi-annual price increases of 3-5% on new iron. This coupled with reduced sales will force many dealers to do drastic things. We're already seeing smaller family owned dealerships for sale. By smaller, I'm speaking of a Bobcat branded dealership in a metropolitan midwest city with 4 branches and 20+ million in annual revenues. There's also a strong, family owned Volvo dealer that's entertaining offers. These are dealers close to me that have openly shared their openess to any offers that are brought to the table.

Add tightening credit standards to the list of dealer and manufacturer troubles as well. Last year, anyone could get a new skidsteer. This year, the number of lenders has been reduced and underwriting requirements are more strict. You better have a clean credit record for the last 5 years and been in business for at least 3.

If you see a need for a new machine in the next 12-18 months and are on the fence, I would take advantage of the situation before the end of the year. Raw material costs continue to skyrocket and credit will continue to tighten.

Most manufacturers offer their best financing/rebate deals during the 4th quarter in order to liquidate dealer inventory. Wait until the 2-3rd week of October and start shopping. Take advantage of dealer inventory and uncle sams depreciation bonus!

All very true.

BrandonV
09-28-2008, 08:31 PM
how much are the bobcat utvs? they're quite nice financing seems good too.

bobcat_ron
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm totally grabbing a new Tilt-tach this week, I can't pass that up, even if it's only $2000.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-28-2008, 09:15 PM
cat called me and they tried to sell me a used cat i was interisted in new.
looks like i stick with deere

bobcat_ron
09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
cat called me and they tried to sell me a used cat i was interisted in new.
looks like i stick with deere

Usually it's the other way around?!?!