PDA

View Full Version : Just mowed my yard yesterday

newlymowedlawns
09-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Here is a couple of picts of my yard. Hasent been fertilized since July. Luckily it was a cow pasture for over 30 yrs and the ph is right on. It does not have any irrigation except good ol rain water :laugh: The 1st picture is after the sun set. It is funny how they always look better when the sun sets. Lemme know what yall think.

Pennington Lawncare
09-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Done with what kind of mower? The next mower I get I want it to deliver a pretty striped cut. I don't know which mower that will be or with an optional striping kit etc.. I'm leaning towards the Toro brand due to a good dealer in my area. Not sure which mower to choose. There's also an Exmark dealer across the street and I don't think there's much difference between those brands since one's a parent company to the other.

Kennedy Landscaping
09-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Nice and green. Good looking stripes as well

newlymowedlawns
09-28-2008, 12:55 AM
The long stripes are done by a Bobcat Ztr 23 Hp Kawasaki 61" cut. That mower has like 3800 hrs on it, used 6-10 hrs each day 6 days a week with no ploblems. Maybe a belt here or there. Might blow up tomorrow. LOL Highy suggest a Bobcat

The diagonal stripes are from My Waker Mower 48" bagger. Have had 4-5 Walkers over the years. I also love my Walker too. Will always have one of them on my trailer.

Sometime I mow the diagnal stripes with my 48" Scag Tiger Cub. Only reason I got a cub insted of a Turf Tiger is to be able to side discharge where I mow with my walker b/c the cub has the same size deck.

Thanks for the replies!!

Had to stick this pict of me and my future weedeater landscaping my yard.

02DURAMAX
09-28-2008, 01:56 AM
looks Great!!

Pennington Lawncare
09-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Your little girl is a doll. Wish my 8 year old girl looked like that again. They do grow faster than grass. Sad.

Oh yeah, on your Bobcat, does it have a striping roller or some kind of factory striping kit? What height was that yard cut at? I have a Cub Cadet Enforcer 48 inch ztr and just noticed the other day that the wide roller across the back of the deck had a height adjustment so I dropped it to the lower position and hopefully it'll improve that mower's striping ability. I definitely want my next mower to be a striping machine.

newlymowedlawns
09-28-2008, 09:49 AM
I know She is growing up fast. The bobcat has no striping kit. That is the second one I have owned and they stripe well with no roller. We have fescue grass here Central NC. It is mowed at 3 3/4. I have been fortunate to have A Lesco Center not too far from my house. They have really helped me out with keeping my lawns green. I have about 34-35 of my yards looking like mine out of the 50 or so I do. I am going to try to remember my camera this week. The others want it to look like that for free. Not going to happen in this day and time w/ the high prices. Some of those yards I have fertilized for free and Sprayed Brodleaf out of my Permagreen for free. Anyway kinda off subject. I would highly recomend a bobcat. Any lawnmower shop can work on them. Very simple upkeep.

Thank you Lesco!!!!!!!

Thanks

mr mow
09-28-2008, 01:26 PM
looks very good!!

KCfireman
09-28-2008, 03:28 PM
very well maintained lawn and house. I love the design of your house. It looks great.

Danielslawnservice
09-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh yeah, on your Bobcat, does it have a striping roller or some kind of factory striping kit?

BOBCATS Stripe great and they don't have a stripe kit! i love bobcat for the way they stripe!

josh1981
09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
looks great. where in NC. beautiful country

J&R Landscaping
09-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Nice lawn and landscape!

newlymowedlawns
09-28-2008, 08:15 PM
I live in Winston Salem. Also I took a picture of ol faithful. My Bobcat ztr. Another form of help I get for my lawns is my Aeravator. I just got a buddy of mine to weld me a bracket to put my Lesco truckster spreader on it. I have added a pict of it too. I am going to start a new thread with some more picts of what an aeravator does for anyone who dont know. My aeravator has definately paid for itself over the years. Thank you all for the nice comments. It is nice to have a place to come and talk to fellow landscapers.

deere615
09-28-2008, 08:38 PM
nice stripes and tractor!

STIHL GUY
09-28-2008, 09:53 PM
sweet looking stripes

A-Land
09-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Looks good! I like how some guys only buy one brand of mowers, but you're not afraid to try them all! haha

newlymowedlawns
09-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Thats funny but the truth. Alot of the guys around here only have one color on there trailers. Usually orange or red. LOL This is just what has worked for me. I have a 22' gooseneck trailer that fits my Bobcat, Scag and walker tightly. I mean tightly. A couple of inches. It seems like the bigger trailer you get the more you try to cram on it. I will try to get a pict of them all on my trailer later this week. I love this site now seeing everyones set ups. My wife said I have found a new best friend. HaHa. Keep the comments coming it is nice to have something nice to talk about instead of high gas and the economy. LOL

Kglenn04
09-28-2008, 11:35 PM
very nice stripping kit???

newlymowedlawns
09-28-2008, 11:43 PM
No, No striping kit on my mowers. Bobcats are excellent stripers in my opinion. But Walker mowers are one of the best. You dont even have to turn the blades on to stripe with a Walker Mower. LOL

Kglenn04
09-28-2008, 11:48 PM
hey whats the deal with leaf conversition kit? I like it

newlymowedlawns
09-28-2008, 11:54 PM
That is a Peco bagger. I have it set up so I can set the hose on the deck when I dont need to bag or put it back on the discharge chute when I need to bag. It is getting some wear on it. But nothing a little duct tape wont fix. haha

johnnyusa
09-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Im sure it helps to cut it now and then with the walker. I can see the center wheel in the pics. Looks great.

newlymowedlawns
09-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Yes that is exactly right. A walker is the first commercial mower I started out with. Like I said earlier and will never be witout one. That was after my ol Simplicity riders. I need to put a pict of it in here too. Becasue without it I might not be where I am today. Thanks for the reminder.