PDA

View Full Version : Extended Reach Hedge Trimmer

tinymac2
09-28-2008, 12:35 PM
After 12 years, the little wonder D-2000 is finally going to get some help. It was a tough choice but after doing enough monster hedges to know they don't like me and I don't like them it was time to buy.

I went out and touched the Stihls, Echos, Shindaiwas, and Husqvarnas. For me, all had their merits and questions. Also, do I go long reach or not. Can I get by with a fixed head or should I pony up and get an articulating blade.

After hefting some of these fine pieces of equipment and trying to imagine what it would be like at the top of a ladder for hours at I time I was ready.

For me, the Shindaiwa AHS2510 was the perfect choice. The balance is amazing. Its light enough for an older guy like me, very maneuverable, and easy to control. I blasted through a hedge in about half the time the little wonder took. But almost all the benefit was on the top of the ladder with reach and not having to mess with the cord.

Any other Shindaiwa operators out there with thoughts on the product? Any tips I need to know. Hoping it can out last the little wonder, which will still tackle the sides of the big brutes - just for the fuel savings and the 30" blade.