PDA

View Full Version : hydro poo on a rainy day.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-28-2008, 02:07 PM
what i learned today u can take a turbo turf hydeoseeder and make a big mess.
200 gal of water in a jet machine 100lbs of compost/cow poo 50 lbs of organic fert (looks like rabbit food) 4-1-4 all in the tank and shake well.
sprayed out real nice smelled like a farm :)
as for the machine being a hydroseeder it is however it dont spray much worth a shiiiiit not enough to do any good at least.

the main point of this was can u spray out muddy compost yes. more to come.

Barefoot James
09-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Sort of confused - so was this a good experience or bad?. I have a TT 300 with a 13 HP honda

Did it spray the 140 pounds of poo - did it clog? What attachment did you have on the end? Mine seems to clog with just little piece of sticks or chewed up credit cards (that for whatever reason is part of the paper mulch I use)
Will you be doing this again?

I sprayed about 50 pounds of castings no problem.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-28-2008, 09:34 PM
yes 150 lbs
it is the same machine u have
no clogs using the big fan tip
good and bad call me ill tell ya

DUSTYCEDAR
09-29-2008, 10:22 PM
looking good

wallzwallz
09-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Dusty need some in action pics, sounds cool.

JDUtah
09-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Pics for sure (before, during after?)! Did you leave parts of the turf untreated to compare? I want to investigate this hydrofeeding thing...

DUSTYCEDAR
10-02-2008, 09:36 PM
yes on control area
sent you a pm

muddstopper
10-05-2008, 11:15 AM
what i learned today u can take a turbo turf hydeoseeder and make a big mess.
200 gal of water in a jet machine 100lbs of compost/cow poo 50 lbs of organic fert (looks like rabbit food) 4-1-4 all in the tank and shake well.
sprayed out real nice smelled like a farm :)
as for the machine being a hydroseeder it is however it dont spray much worth a shiiiiit not enough to do any good at least.

the main point of this was can u spray out muddy compost yes. more to come.

Dusty, if it smelled like cowpoo when sprayed, it probably wasnt completely composted. That aside, one of the problems I have found using a hydroseeder to apply compost is simply a way of calibration. I like, prefer, the bigger nozzles for spraying simply because they dont clogg as easily as the smaller fan nozzels, but there is no easy way to apply a specific amount of product to a given size area using this method. The machine sprays what it sprays and its up to the eyeball of the applicator to insure a even application. With compost, its not that big of an issue, but if you are purchaseing mycor fungi, or specific microbial innoculating products, it can get expensive guessing at the amount of the product you are applying.

One of the things I have considered is purchaseing a deed root injector nozzle to attach to my hydroseeder. Dont know how well it would work, and it would certainly take more time, but injecting the innoculants into the root zone, (top 4 inches), would be a more effective method than spraying on top of the soil. Assumeing of course you can find someone willing to pay for the extra time it would take to innoculate a lawn with this method.

JDUtah
10-05-2008, 11:50 AM
mudd,

I saw you on the hydro forum... looks like you know your stuff pretty well. :)

I gotta ask,
Is that cat on your pic yours? What is it wearing? love it...

DUSTYCEDAR
10-05-2008, 04:32 PM
WELL MUDD I FOUND THAT OUT ALSO ABOUT HOW MUCH AND WHERE
where i went thicker i have grass comming up
i know it wasent totally composted but it was my property so i hit it.

JDUtah
10-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Not totally composted manure is desirable sometimes... more N avaiable the first year...

muddstopper
10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Not totally composted manure is desirable sometimes... more N avaiable the first year...

More of other undesireables also.....