PDA

View Full Version : Another billing program thread

RedSox4Life
09-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi all. It seems like every bill I receive in the mail, whether it be cell phone, truck insurance, electric etc. has a perforated section to submit with your payment.
I've thought for a while how much I'd love to be able to do this on the bills I send to customers.
Does anyone use a program that has this configuration as an option, or one that is customizable enough to be able to set it up?

punt66
09-28-2008, 05:53 PM
I thought about that as well. But then i have to supply the envelope as well. The extra expenses talks me out of it.

JimmyStew
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM
This is how we send out bills and it works great. We use quickbooks, although I suspect most any accounting program will allow you to customize how your invoices look. We simply designed it to look like any of the bills that you referred to. Then get yourself a paper cutter with the roller style cutter that you can replace the blade with a perforated cutter. Here is what we do.

Print the invoices and run them invoices through the cutter (about 5 at a time for the model we have). Then fold them and slip them, along with a double window, check size envelop into a double windowed no. 9 envelope. Sure the extra envelopes will cost you a bit extra, but it's great to get the mail and be able to immediately spot the money coming in! payup