PDA

View Full Version : For all you Florida experts

FIREPLUG1111
09-28-2008, 04:03 PM
I live on 2.5 acres and it has about a 50 foot buffer of palmettos around it. ( I hate them) I would say that I have somewhere in the area of 500 palmetto plants. In this palmetto buffer lays the root of all evil. ( at least I think so ) In this buffer zone is the worlds largest, fastest expanding, qiuckest growing varity of every weed in Florida. And of course they (weeds) dont really like living in the palmetto's, they'd rather live in my yard. Once what was a St Augustine perfect yard has now become a desert of weeds. I have tried to kill these weeds with no avail. I now, can't even get bahia grass to grow. I had a section cleared out, had a company come in and lay sod. It died too, and now is a barron waste land of nothing but weeds. I think the weeds like my irrigation system better than the Florida showers.
So do you think that the weeds in this buffer zone is the root of all evil or do you think its an easy fix.
Alan
Oh Yeah--- Almost forgot---- 100% pure straight roundup will not kill these weeds, been there dont that got the weed TEE Shirt.