PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU charge for fall clean-ups?

A-Land
09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
I have my own method, but looking to see if anybody out there is more clever than I am and has a better idea.

If you already bag their lawn, do you continue to bag at the same price?
Do you up the price depending on how many leaves are down?

If you don't bag, how do you approach it?

bigclawn
09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
first we measure the area to be serviced then we measure with instrements the nearest trees to calculate the number and weight of the leaves, with a fudge factor for wind assistance then we count leaves per sq ft in several areas then compute our time from there, and usual it's a bit more than a straight mow

hope this helps...............................

punt66
09-28-2008, 08:47 PM
hahahha, yea some people make it too complicated. My minimum is $200 and my average is $375. No method, i just look at the property and see how difficult by amount of trees and access and make my price.

DBL
09-28-2008, 09:03 PM
hahahha, yea some people make it too complicated. My minimum is $200 and my average is $375. No method, i just look at the property and see how difficult by amount of trees and access and make my price.

yeah more or less its just pulling a number out of your @$$

punt66
09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
i guess you can put it that way hahaha. But more like experience to know how long it will take by looking at the job.

A-Land
09-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Okay maybe I didn't put it clear enough. I've been in this for a few years now so my question isn't how do you bill for a fall clean-up.

Let me put it this way. How do you CHANGE the way you typically bill for clean-ups versus typical mowing.

Let me give an example. "If we usually charge $50 for a yard bagged during the season, we charge $80 for that same yard to be bagged weekly during the fall. We then perform a full clean-up at the end of the year at a separate price."

Sorry I wasn't clear about this!!!!!!!

punt66
09-28-2008, 11:03 PM
I charge a fall cleanup rate period. I only do cleanups for mowing customers. This time a year my bagger goes on and i bag while i mow to stay on top of things. Then i give it a once over before it snows. I dont charge more while i am bagging. I do charge the full cleanup rate at the last cleanup. I suppose your way can protect you if they cancel but i havent ever had that happen.

A-Land
09-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I charge a fall cleanup rate period. I only do cleanups for mowing customers. This time a year my bagger goes on and i bag while i mow to stay on top of things. Then i give it a once over before it snows. I dont charge more while i am bagging. I do charge the full cleanup rate at the last cleanup. I suppose your way can protect you if they cancel but i havent ever had that happen.

Got it. So you just build what you would have charged all along into your final price, correct? Sounds pretty good.

joshua
09-28-2008, 11:53 PM
the price is the same year round. what i mean is every cut whether its april or november the customer is paying for the clean up of the leafs. so if the lawn is lets say a $30 cut the price would be $32 or $33. this way there not shock with a big bill before winter.

Pjslawncare
09-29-2008, 12:15 AM
This is what I do....If it's a $35 dollar weekly account I mow and chop up the leaves every week unless it's a lawn that I already bag. I then charge them a full fall cleanup price once all the leaves are down. Typically I charge $60 an hour so I just have to figure out how long it'll take us and give them a quote. I also think it's a good idea to keep cleanups exclusive with regular customers only unless the other people want to pay a ton of money for my services.