PDA

View Full Version : Aeravator pictures. Gotta check this out!!

newlymowedlawns
09-28-2008, 09:33 PM
I have to give credit where credit is due. I have been in business for 12 years now. I would have to say this is one of the best investments I have made. I bought it about 5-6 yrs ago. I would never down a convintenal plugger but there is no comparison. For those of you who dont know an aeravator has vibrating, rolling action and puts a massive whole in the ground about 2- 2 1/2 inches wide and 4-5" deep. It also loosens the dirt between the holes. It is coreless and doesnt matter how hard the ground is. I start reseeding in August. The teeth are made out of Titanium. I have included a few picts. I also just got my buddy to weld a bracket to put my spreader on. Man that works great for my seed. Let me know what you think.

Chris1594
09-28-2008, 10:56 PM
looks really good and looks like it does a really good job I wish you luck with it.

syzer
09-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Would love to see that once the seed takes. Will you be able to post after pics?

newlymowedlawns
09-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the reply. It has made me alot of money through the years. Have you heard of an aeravator? Another thing I like about it is one pass and your done. it also lets 10-12 seed get in each hole. When its starts to come up it looks like a chia pet. Cha Cha Chia LOL

Chris1594
09-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the reply. It has made me alot of money through the years. Have you heard of an aeravator? Another thing I like about it is one pass and your done. it also lets 10-12 seed get in each hole. When its starts to come up it looks like a chia pet. Cha Cha Chia LOL

lol I forgot all about the chia pet I wonder if they still make them ah the good old days and im only 22 :-( other then that I deff can imagine that thing must be really good it looks it and sounds it from what you have said :waving:

newlymowedlawns
09-29-2008, 12:27 AM
syzer,

I have some lawns that I did about three weeks ago that have come up nicely. I will take some picts this week when I go by there of all the holes filled up. I also will keep check on that pict in my post. It is here at my house behind the sheds. Thanks!!!!!

Kglenn04
09-29-2008, 12:34 AM
damn evey1 needs on of thoses

newlymowedlawns
09-29-2008, 12:46 AM
They work very well. I am glad I got mine when I did. I paid around 3900.00 for mine new. I dont even know what they are now. Does anyone know how much they are now? It is an AE 60. 5 foot model. Thanks

Newly

Kglenn04
09-29-2008, 12:55 AM
I see how does this work whens the best time to use it??

newlymowedlawns
09-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Any time you want. Believe it or not but there is no ground too hard, Just have to go a little slower. I have aeravated an area where over 70 concrete trucks ran over when they were addding an addition, swimming pool, drive to a back yard. They went around the house in the lawn. It came up awesome. I start aeravating and seeding in Mid August on my yearly contracts. That way by September I can start on my residental. Believe it or no it will also bust concrete if you hit it. After I first got it I hit the corner of a driveway and busted it right off. About a foot piece. So you have to be careful.

Newly

02DURAMAX
09-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Nice I just have a regular Core Aerator.

pieperlc
09-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Aeravators are awesome machines. I've rented one on several occasions. They are nearly 10k to buy new. That includes seed box, and rear roller. I think that if you're buying new, you might as well get the seedbox.

81Bronk36
09-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Just found out they make them 40 miles from me:cool2:

Az Gardener
09-29-2008, 06:45 PM
So if core aeration is to relieve soil compaction and your machine produces a cavity by compacting a already compacted soil even more :confused: How does this help the soil profile?

Sorry for bringing logic to the conversation, it really makes some nice holes and I am sure your clients are impressed but I believe you are just compounding the problem. I know I'm in AZ and cool season grass is different but if your mashing a hole int compacted soil in AZ or PA it is still compacted soil at the end of the day. Except you have made a few bucks.

Don't mean to be an AZ but hey its my name. Someone from the great N/E straighten me out if I am wrong. I will freely admit I have been wrong in the past.

Lazer_Z
09-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Az Gardener, Maybe this will help. http://www.1stproducts.com/2007/index.php?content=aeravid

newlymowedlawns
09-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Az,

Its does loosen the soil between the holes. It was a lil wet in that pict. The harder the ground the better is does. While you are waiting fir it to rain to soften so you can plug. I am already done, So with an aeravater you get a jump on the competition and longer time for the seedto established before winter. I start seeding in August. It makes that big of hole weather it is hard or not. thanks for the reply.

Az Gardener
09-30-2008, 06:54 PM
That's one helluva machine. It would think my sprinkler heads yummy ;) Learn something every day.

Marek
09-30-2008, 06:59 PM
We had one of the early models. Nice machine , the seed box kept on braking due to the shaking and its expensive and time consuming to replace the tines. These do a better job when its dry out, as the tine goes in the ground it rotates around and shatters the soil to allow the roots to grow easier. When its wet out the tine just kinda spin around but the dont break the soil up as well. We did alot of sports fields with it. Only a few down sides, its heavy and you need to have a slower ground speed, and they are not the greatest in turns. But it is a good product, you just need to have the right market for it.

newlymowedlawns
09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Merek thanks for the reply. I have heard the seed boxes arent that great. That is why I rigged mine up with a Lesco spreader on top of it. I have had great luck with the tines on mine. I aeravate about 90 lawns a season and have only replaced the tines once on it in 5 years. We have hard clay here. As for the turns I can easily turn around a three foot tree ring. You sure cant do that with a 3pt plugger. I love mine. I am trying to upload a video I sent from my mobile phone. I was aeravating today and this guy next to me was trying to plug with a newer ryan plugger. Sweat rolling off him trying to man handle that thing. It was barely breaking the surface just bouncing. Maybe 1/3 of an inch if that. The lady came out and saw what the aeravater was doing and asked the guy to leave. I felt bad for the guy. He just couldnt believe the aeravator was doing. He called me this afternoon and now has 5 yards he wants me to aeravate for him. Hopefully i can figure this video thing out so yall can see. Thanks everybody for all the input. I love this website.

newlymowedlawns
09-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Here is the video I sent to youtube. A little blurry. Will try to set my resolution on my phone higher next time. Letme know what you think. Shows how loose the dirt is between the holes. Awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC2DbrAu8kI

pieperlc
10-01-2008, 07:48 AM
We had one of the early models. Nice machine , the seed box kept on braking due to the shaking and its expensive and time consuming to replace the tines. These do a better job when its dry out, as the tine goes in the ground it rotates around and shatters the soil to allow the roots to grow easier. When its wet out the tine just kinda spin around but the dont break the soil up as well. We did alot of sports fields with it. Only a few down sides, its heavy and you need to have a slower ground speed, and they are not the greatest in turns. But it is a good product, you just need to have the right market for it.

I don't know how old your machine was, but now they have swing hitches and you can turn as much as you want. You do have a minimum radius, but you can probably turn as sharp as you tractor can.

Marek
10-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Ours had the pivot to but it still seemed to tear things up a bit more in the turns.

nccutter
10-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Where can I get info on one of these machines? Model, manufacturer etc. I am in NC I would definitely be interested in purchasing one. It's obviously better than my set up. Thanks a bunch.

newlymowedlawns
10-01-2008, 06:32 PM
I bought mine from Riddle Farm equipment in Winston-Salem, NC. There number is 336-767-2002. Very nice people. I have model AE-60 witch is 5 foot. I have a 2410 Kubot 4x4 tractor which is 24 hp. I dont know what the minium hp rating is but the 24 hp I have does the job. I have a friend that said something about selling his. I will ask him. Again thanks everybody for the replies. Keep em coming.

kjslawn
10-01-2008, 07:10 PM
This Why I am looking at Grasshopper out front mowers for my next mower they have this unit. Just drop deck and put on attatchment and go. Mower 9k-12k areverator I think is around 3k-4k anyone use this set up?

newlymowedlawns
10-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Actually one of my friends has that setup. He has a 40" model. It works great. I have one neighborhood that has 4000-4500 foot of grass between the curb and sidewalk that is 44" wide. It is perfect. I think they come in 60" models too. Not for sure. Anyway just thought I would let yo know its a sweet setup. It is definitely better than :walking: behind a plugger. Thanks!!

STIHL GUY
10-03-2008, 12:15 AM
nice set up i likr the spreader mounted on the back too

newlymowedlawns
10-03-2008, 01:07 AM
I was aeravating a few weeks ago and had a dream (LOL) about an faster way to spread out my seed. Ah ha I could mount a spreader on top of my Aeravator. Went home and looked on craigslist. There it was. Just what I wanted and only 10 mins away. I was lucky and found that spreader off of craigslist for only 150.00 bucks about brand new. So I got my buddy to rig me up a bracket and it works sweet. Spreads the seed about 15 feet wide. Three aeravator widths. Perfect. Not going to use it for fertilize because it does drop material on aeravator and dont want it to rust. Anyway thatnks for the reply!!!

humble1
10-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Where can I get info on one of these machines? Model, manufacturer etc. I am in NC I would definitely be interested in purchasing one. It's obviously better than my set up. Thanks a bunch.

you can click up to[ left button that says aeravator they are a sponsor on lawn site.

humble1
10-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Can you set the height to run shallow if there is irrigation or ledge?

DUSTYCEDAR
10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Nice setup

Macrae
10-06-2008, 09:59 PM
I have been drooling over these units for a couple of weeks now! Only thing I'm still concerned about is their claims that it's more effective than core aerating.

newlymowedlawns, you've had this for a while now. You also said you have a bunch of clay...so do we. I'd like to know how wet the ground can be and still be effective? Otherwise, it seems like an awesome investment. Of course they're not cheap...AT ALL!!! Also, they have a new machine out, that I'm trying not to pull the trigger on. It's waaaay expensive, but probably the best aerator/seeder combo in existence!

Here's a link...

http://www.1stproducts.com/2007/pdf/walk_behind.pdf

newlymowedlawns
10-06-2008, 10:34 PM
It can be wet to a certian extent. I guess everything has its pros and cons to a degree. It was soppin wet like 3-4" of rain in 24 hrs when I made that pict on the 1st page. I guess it would be no different if you use a pull behind plugger and close the holes up when you run over them if it is soppin. I have also aeravated some lawns like this and they have turned out great. In my experience the ones I did aeravated soppin wet I could not tell any differance between them and the ones that were hard as a rock about November. They all turn out great. I guess it also helps that I get the soil ph right through soil sampling. Like I said before I would never bash a core plugger, but you would have to run over the yard 10 times to get the same results in one pass with the aeravator. You could beg for rain when there is no rain in sight during prime reseeding season or be done when the rain comes with an aeravator. I guess I can close by saying for 6 years I core plugged and for the last 5 I have aeravated and there is no comparison in my book to aeravation. There agian that is my opinion. Thanks so much for all the replies!!!

newlymowedlawns
10-07-2008, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm7yY9PgKko

Here is a new yard we picked up today to aeravate and reseed. Let me know what yall think

mowtime
10-07-2008, 09:35 PM
I was lucky a couple years ago and found a county school that was having an online auction. They had and aeravator that no one bid on and I won it for 75.00 dollars. We greased it up and put new tines on it and have been using it sporadically. I am going to rig it up with a spreader like yours and try it out.

newlymowedlawns
10-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Man that was nice to find one that cheap. That spreader works awesome. If you need me to take more picts of how I mounted it I will. Just let me know. I just rigged that spreader up not too long ago. It will spread it exactly three aeravator widths wide.

bakerc8
10-09-2008, 05:10 PM
that is so cool