PDA

View Full Version : Does this fixture exist?

jbailey52
09-28-2008, 09:49 PM
First.. why is lawnsite SOOOO slow.. I even have the ads blocked...

Anyway.. I have a job at a beach house we are doing. There is a small walkway that leads down to a floating dock which the owners several boats are at. Anyway we are going to light the pillars going down the walkway, and I noticed there are no lights at all on the dock. So basically if you came in on the yacht you cant really see on the dock. Instead of installing some line voltage lights, are there some fixtures that could light up this area pretty well? I suppose it would have to have a wide spread on it, and not be a focused light.

Thanks

irrig8r
09-29-2008, 12:17 AM
That sounds like your cue James....

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
09-29-2008, 05:51 AM
I will recommend you take a look at the Nightscaping INTEGRA-Liter in cast raw brass. Part number is GD-0402-BR. It is to my knowledge the first and only Dark Sky Friendly Dock Fixture in the world. (I designed it specifically for the purpose of lighting the topside and leading edges of docks.)

There are other beacon style fixtures for docks like Vista and Hadco make, but they are widely known to be glare bombs and ofter cause boaters more problems then they solve. The INTEGRA-Liter will not cast any light into the eyes of those bringing in a boat to the dock and yet it still effectively lights the dock.

Have a great day.

NightScenes
10-24-2008, 11:01 AM
You can also look at the Terradock lights. You can get lighted cleats as well. www.terradek.com .