PDA

View Full Version : Scag Super Z

Mowman
12-28-1999, 07:21 AM
Any owner/operators using this machine? If so how do you like it? Thanks for your input on this subject.

bamaturfguy
12-28-1999, 03:24 PM
I have 1000+ hrs on one right now. I have the 48" deck with the 18hp. It was my first ztr and I like the machine well, it makes a very nice cut. What it doesn't do is mulch good or travel much faster than a rider. It will increase your production 2 fold over a standard rider simply because it is a ztr, but if you are going to make an investment in a commercial mower I suggest you demo everything on the market first. If I had done this it would not have been my first choice, the choppers that I own now would have been! I am having some problems with heavy tracking out of the Scag. I have also had a conversation with another owner that has had the same problem. Scag said the problem might be stretched axle bolts? What I am experiencing is inner tire wear, so bad I had to replace the tires with a lot of good tread left on 75% of the tires. If anyone else has had this type of problem with their Scag Super Z let me know.

Turfy
01-03-2000, 05:33 PM
Leave the Skag SuperZ for the homeowner, durability just wasn't in the plan...look at the Skag Turf Tiger or Grasshopper has a new mid mount ztr that looks promising (My Grasshopper front mount ztr has held up well!). <br>

puppypaws
07-21-2004, 10:35 PM
What is a Skag Super Z