PDA

View Full Version : The Gravel Rat prophecy fulfilled!

trailmaker
09-30-2008, 12:11 AM
It was only a matter of time.:laugh:

ksss
09-30-2008, 12:22 AM
It was only a matter of time.:laugh:

Even a broken wall clock is right twice a day.:hammerhead:

Gravel Rat
09-30-2008, 12:43 AM
If your talking about your guys bail out didn't happen that is the pits for Canada and mainly for B.C.

Its already tough to get money from financial institutions in B.C. its going to get even tougher :cry:

Anybody in the financial world is nervous watching the news today and people in B.C. are worried. There are so many people in B.C. living way beyond their means with 2-3 credit cards maxed out a huge house payment etc.

Who knows what is going to happen :confused:

JDSKIDSTEER
09-30-2008, 06:31 AM
Call me crazy, but ever since they been talking about this mess a couple weeks ago I have sold 4 machines. I don't get it. One of them wrote a check for a new 50D yesterday. Hope it keeps going.
Our truck driver said that a service station he just stoped at had a sign up refusing to take Wachovia credit cards. I heard that Citi bank just purchased them so the cards should be good. People are getting scared I guess.

minimax
09-30-2008, 10:22 AM
trailmaker,what did you do on a CTL and mower

minimax

bobcat_ron
09-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Should we all refer to GR as "Reverend" Gravel Rat?

JDSKIDSTEER
09-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh crap, I just made a offer on a new car for the wife.

JDSKIDSTEER
09-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh crap, I just made a offer on a new car for the wife.
Oh crap, He took my offer.

Gravel Rat
09-30-2008, 05:18 PM
bobcat_ron Should we all refer to GR as "Reverend" Gravel Rat?

Sorry I'am not a religous man I have too many sins :laugh:

For us here in B.C. the economy is slowing down its like a car with the emergency brake partially on the brakes haven't seized up yet.

stuvecorp
09-30-2008, 07:36 PM
I think Gravel Rat needs a hug.

Gravel Rat
09-30-2008, 07:48 PM
I only take hugs from cute blond woman with small bossom :laugh:

CAT powered
09-30-2008, 08:00 PM
I think Gravel Rat needs to get laid is more like it...

bobcat_ron
09-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I only take hugs from cute blond woman with small bossom :laugh:

I'll take hug from any woman who hasn't got hands bigger than mine...............:cry:

YellowDogSVC
09-30-2008, 08:31 PM
I won't bash gravel rat. I don't think we (western world) should be in panic mode right now but there are some tough times ahead. Things are definitely slowing down if the website traffic and phones are any indication (as compared to last year).

I'm keeping work 1-2 weeks out and that's about it. I would be lying if I said I didn't think about the what if's. I have notes on equipment that keep me awake after watching the news. Last December I was looking forward to being out of debt. I then made a big mistake and took on bigger notes in the Spring looking at how busy I could be. Hasn't panned out but there is always tomorrow so I am choosing to keep the faith.

Gravel Rat
09-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Hey Ron don't all dutch woman have big hands :laugh:

There must be some white farm girls out in the valley they all can't be east indian nationality :dancing:

bobcat_ron
09-30-2008, 08:38 PM
:laugh:Hey Ron don't all dutch woman have big hands :laugh:

There must be some white farm girls out in the valley they all can't be east indian nationality :dancing:

Ahh screw those Dutchy girls, but some of them Eastern Indian women are looking mighty good these days, especially the ones from the less traditional families.

Hello desperation.................

trailmaker
10-01-2008, 04:04 AM
Minimax I went with the 140 and Rockhound. I've had no problems so far with the machine or head. I'm using it conservatively right now to keep down the regrowth from last year's excavator mowing. I'll give it a real test in the heavier stuff once we get some rain.

trailmaker
10-01-2008, 04:19 AM
If your talking about your guys bail out didn't happen that is the pits for Canada and mainly for B.C.

Its already tough to get money from financial institutions in B.C. its going to get even tougher :cry:

Anybody in the financial world is nervous watching the news today and people in B.C. are worried. There are so many people in B.C. living way beyond their means with 2-3 credit cards maxed out a huge house payment etc.

Who knows what is going to happen :confused:

Looks like things will get rough even when the plan passes. It warms my heart to see those living beyond their means take a hit since A:I don't like those types and B:that mentality created this problem. It's just too bad so many other people suffer as well. Oh well, if society crumbles we can just form a heavy equipment militia and take over.:laugh:

Gravel Rat
10-01-2008, 07:58 PM
The big problem is banks give money to people that can't afford to pay it back.

I don't live beyond my means. It will be interesting to see what happens.

There is a big reality check for quite a few people in B.C.. The price of realestate is dropping so many people bought over priced realestate. People stuck with 40 year mortages.

minimax
10-01-2008, 11:48 PM
trailmaker,It is great to have someone else with a CTL/flailhead combo on here but where are the PIC'S!!!

minimax