PDA

View Full Version : Need Trailer measurements

JMiller08
09-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Hey guys i need some measurements. I need to kno how wide a 5x8 trailer (open) is. Including width of tires and fenders. So total width of the widest part. Also i need to know the total length from ramp all the way to coupler. Need to know if it will aqueeze into my garage. Thanks!

Big C
09-30-2008, 02:10 AM
I think the 5X8 part is the surface area of the trailer the ramp,fenders and tounge may vary by brand/style. I would take measurments to see what could fit in you garage and when you go out looking for trailer compare those measurements to the trailer your thinking about buying....JMO

Excursion12
09-30-2008, 09:31 AM
BigC is right. Different brands will be quite a bit, well different. Most will probably be just under 80" at the widest point to avoid the "over 80" legal light changes and they will vary in length based on tongue stick out. Probably find lots of them between 11 and 12 feet long. Make sure you check out the 80" width. Some brands are over 80" and don't have the correct lights. Not a big deal for a homeowner that doesn't get pulled over but if you are mowing for money it could get you some DOT attention.