PDA

View Full Version : another resource in WA

coopers
09-30-2008, 03:11 AM
I found this company while browsing the net... www.peckweld.com Right here in my State. Didn't know it existed. Another resource for attachments....Scag, you here of these guys? Minimax, did you get a quote from them by any chance on pro link thumbs?

Here's a pic of some of their stuff. Very nice looking.

bobcatuser
09-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Looks like quality stuff. Is that a pin grabber?

Gravel Rat
09-30-2008, 05:21 PM
There is all kinds of small manufactures that produce attachments for equipment like Lynn Buckets in North Vancouver.

That brush rake looks like its well built good for bailing brush and land clearing.

Scag48
09-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Yep, I've heard of Peck weld. They're just starting out as far as I know, or only have been in business for a year or two. Could be wrong, but that's the impression I got. Their work looks good, that's for sure. That pin grabber and prog. link thumb looks awesome for a mini. My dad is going to re-pin his excavator this winter, there's a little play in the bucket pin and he wants to get it re-pinned and bushed. Might have to talk him into getting rid of that JUNK Cat coupler, thumb, and buckets while he's at it. I absolutely can't stand Cat buckets, the coupler is average at best, thumb is okay I suppose. If I end up having to get a quote for a new thumb and coupler, I'll keep updated and see what Peck quotes.

RockSet N' Grade
09-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Peck Weld has been around for quite some time.......great folks to talk with and willing to share information openly. I looked at having them make a one-off progressive link thumb, but they were too busy to do it. Been talking with them for 3-4 years now.......they are sharp cookies....

bobcat_ron
09-30-2008, 10:43 PM
I love the looks of their skid steer grapple:

Scag48
09-30-2008, 10:54 PM
That grapple is alright, but the brush grapple you can get from SkidSteerSolutions, which is also here in WA, is a much better unit IMO. My dad has an 85" heavy duty he'd part ways with if you're interested, Ron.

http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Skid_Steer_Grapples_Brush_Root_s/32.htm

Gravel Rat
09-30-2008, 11:01 PM
That skid steer grapple made by Peck looks a little light duty it must be for recycling or grabbing light materials.

coopers
10-01-2008, 03:21 AM
That skid steer grapple made by Peck looks a little light duty it must be for recycling or grabbing light materials.

Light duty?:confused:

Scag, yeah if your dad does get a quote let me know, I'm curious.

bobcat_ron
10-01-2008, 09:30 AM
That grapple is alright, but the brush grapple you can get from SkidSteerSolutions, which is also here in WA, is a much better unit IMO. My dad has an 85" heavy duty he'd part ways with if you're interested, Ron.

http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Skid_Steer_Grapples_Brush_Root_s/32.htm

That's pretty heavy for my itty bitty Pussy Cat to handle, I hate any attachment over 1000 lbs empty.

Scag48
10-01-2008, 10:59 PM
That's pretty heavy for my itty bitty Pussy Cat to handle, I hate any attachment over 1000 lbs empty.

It'll handle it. Hell, my dad puts it on his 216. Yeah it's not ideal, that's for sure, but for brush it would work.

RockSet N' Grade
10-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Scag........pm me with a price on the brush grapple if you guys are serious about getting rid of it........