PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Portfolio marketing tip

EOL
09-30-2008, 12:00 PM
If you guys present a portfolio to you customers, go to www.blurb.com. You can actually design your own book with your jobs in it and write in descriptions about each pic. It is also a great tool to write down a mission statement and tell a little about your company and what you provide. Looks very professional having an actual book with your pics in it instead of your ordinary photo album with photograghs and having that stubborn clear plastic protective sheet that never sticks right at the corners and distorts and smears your pics with bubbles. Check it out.

Chris J
09-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Good info. You can also have the same type book made at Costco, and they do really nice work.

Malibu landscape
09-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Awesome. Thanks

Mark B
09-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks for that. I have several ideas to use it for. yippie.

niteliters
10-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Efrain, have you done it. How many pages did you have. Were there an hidden costs that you ran into. 1-10, how would you rate experience...ease of getting the work done. How much did you provide, how much work did they do? Was that extra?

EOL
10-01-2008, 05:53 PM
No I havent yet. We are currently working on putting everything together. We are picking out some of our best photos and coming up with our wording for each pic and other things that we would like to put in the book.

niteliters
10-01-2008, 09:45 PM
keep me posted

TXNSLighting
10-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Yeh this can work well! I may give it a try!

The Lighting Geek
10-02-2008, 11:30 AM
I have seen most of what's out there in photo books and I have found a company that has the best end product. It is the only one that ISO certified for archival quality. The books are stitched together, not glued like many out there. The cover will separate from the pages if they are glued. The quality and weight of the paper is excellent and has a nice elegant feel. I have several books that have seen 6-8 home shows and countless customers and other than a little wear from use, they have held up very well. PM me if you want more info.

Lite4
10-03-2008, 08:45 AM
I have made a couple of books from the company Tommy is referring to and they really are incredible. Far better than anything else out there on the market and I did my research. Incredibly easy to use too. Download the template you want, drop and drag photos into the spaces. Type in your text and hit send and in about a week I had to spankin new beautiful portfolio books. People that see these things are impressed. If you really want a quality book you need to PM Tommy to get the skinny on them.

Chris J
10-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Tommy, what's the cost of the book your selling? I know the Costco version is about $45. Nate Mullen showed me his, and I'm very curious to know how that could be made any better, quicker or easier. Have any of you ever tried the Costco book?

Lite4
10-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Chris,
I got two 12x12s. Each one ran me about 90 bucks or so. They were around 20 pages I think. I know Tommy likes the little 8x8s for toting around which is probably not a bad idea. The 12x12s do present very nice for shows, but can be a little cumbersome to throw around in the truck. I would imagine the smaller ones are probably around 45-50 bucks.

Chris J
10-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Do you mean the 12x12's came from Costco or Tommy?

Lite4
10-05-2008, 02:25 AM
I got the 12x12s from Tommys source.

NightLightingFX
10-08-2008, 11:14 PM
For those of you who have made a book. I am curious to know how you organized your photo book. Are they mostly large photos for each page or a couple photos on a page? From your experience what is the optimum page amount.
~Ned

niteliters
10-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I have seen most of what's out there in photo books and I have found a company that has the best end product. It is the only one that ISO certified for archival quality. The books are stitched together, not glued like many out there. The cover will separate from the pages if they are glued. The quality and weight of the paper is excellent and has a nice elegant feel. I have several books that have seen 6-8 home shows and countless customers and other than a little wear from use, they have held up very well. PM me if you want more info.

did you get my pm?

The Lighting Geek
10-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Sorry, I did just now. I have not been monitoring as close last couple of days. My dad suddenly died of a stroke. It makes you realize the importance of spending time with the ones you love and not put it off.

TXNSLighting
10-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Holy crap Tommy!! Im so sorry! Ill be thinking of you and your family.

JoeyD
10-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Sorry, I did just now. I have not been monitoring as close last couple of days. My dad suddenly died of a stroke. It makes you realize the importance of spending time with the ones you love and not put it off.

Geez Tommy. I wish I would have read this before I spoke to you this morning. I am very sad to hear of your loss. You will be in my thoughts. Let me know if I can do anything you.

MarkOlex
10-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Tommy you are in our thoughts and prayers.

niteliters
10-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Tommy you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry Tommy, my prayers are with you and your family.

The Lighting Geek
10-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks guys for your support, it means a lot right now.

klkanders
10-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Sorry to hear your news Tommy. Lost mine 24 yrs ago. Remember the times.

Keith

Elegant Outdoor Lighting
10-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Tommy,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Scott