PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Billing

jbell36
09-30-2008, 08:46 PM
i was wondering the best way to do billing? at the end of the month we have up to 275 yards to go back through and make statements for, one by one, is there is better way to do it, like a computer program?

i'm sure there is a few different ways, i'd just like to hear some ideas...

TREEGUARD
09-30-2008, 08:50 PM
there's plenty of software depends on what you want it to do & how much you want to spend. do a goggle search you"ll find plentyof things

IN2MOWN
09-30-2008, 08:55 PM
You have 275 yards and you dont have a billing program?

Try Gopher, Groundskeeper or Quickbooks...

09-30-2008, 08:56 PM
www.landscapemanagementsystem.com

Search here on LS for LMS, you should get some hits.

jbell36
09-30-2008, 09:02 PM
no we have about 80 yards, i'm just saying during the busy season we mow around 275 to 300 yards in one month, including many accounts 4 times (weekly)...i actually don't do the billing as of right now but i want to know how for future reference...thanks for the info...

IN2MOWN
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM
no we have about 80 yards, i'm just saying during the busy season we mow around 275 to 300 yards in one month, including many accounts 4 times (weekly)...i actually don't do the billing as of right now but i want to know how for future reference...thanks for the info...

Your life will be so much easier with a program. Invest the 3 or 4 hundred dollars and it will be money well spent.

I use Gopher. Its ok.

I have customer lists for everyday that I work. I get home click on the houses I did and at the end of the month it prints a bills up for all the work I did.

Ill probably switch to Groundskeeper though next year. Its a little more advanced then Gopher.

atasteofnature
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM
quickbooks is working well for me. my father the accountant of 30 years has always used quickbooks and got me started using it.

IN2MOWN
09-30-2008, 09:06 PM
quickbooks is working well for me. my father the accountant of 30 years has always used quickbooks and got me started using it.

I used QB for a couple of years and then switched to a program that was tailor made for the lawn care industry. There is so much more I can do now with software like that.

ffemt1271
09-30-2008, 09:29 PM
i have always used groundskeeper, very easy to use and everything you will need for grounds maintenance is there

J&R Landscaping
09-30-2008, 09:31 PM
I use Gopher software and am happy with it for the most part. I am thinking about demoing some other programs this winter and maybe ake a change for spring though.

ericmcj31
09-30-2008, 09:40 PM
I use Peachtree--I just go in and type in what we did that day (as far as which accounts we mowed/what we did) and save it, at the end of the month I print them out. It even has a section where you can pay bills and it automatically categorizes them-I haven't used that side of it yet, but thinking about for starting next year. I also use mailing labels so I don't have to type or hand write everyone's name/address each month. Saves A LOT of time. Good luck and I can't believe you have made it this far w/o some type of software--you'd just about need a full time secretary to bill that way!

IN2MOWN
09-30-2008, 09:47 PM
I use Peachtree--I just go in and type in what we did that day (as far as which accounts we mowed/what we did) and save it, at the end of the month I print them out. It even has a section where you can pay bills and it automatically categorizes them-I haven't used that side of it yet, but thinking about for starting next year. I also use mailing labels so I don't have to type or hand write everyone's name/address each month. Saves A LOT of time. Good luck and I can't believe you have made it this far w/o some type of software--you'd just about need a full time secretary to bill that way!

Cant you print the customers name and info on the invoice and then use envelopes with windows? Thats what I do.

dwlah
09-30-2008, 10:52 PM

I started with Peachtree this year Its not that difficult
Just go into the customer list put down what you did where you did it
End of the month print out an invoice and a statement Stick it in the mail

As far as bill paying I havent figured that part out yet but you can keep up with what you spent where you spent it and what you bought
The vendor page works pretty much like the customer page
For example I can see at a glance how much fuel I bought what station and was it for the truck or the equipment for the year/month

They also send out a newsletter about once a month with some helpful tips

deereequipment
10-02-2008, 08:27 PM
www.landscapemanagementsystem.com

Search here on LS for LMS, you should get some hits.

Yeah, I got hooked. Big wheels a-rollin!