PDA

View Full Version : 08-09 my setup!!!

S man
10-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Finall here's pictures of my setup from now on. I have evrything I need to run a successful lawn business for years. Later this week I might be picking up a new toyota tundra that looks awsome. We'll see. Anyway enjoy.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1203.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1204.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1205.jpg

The exmarks
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1208.jpg

S man
10-01-2008, 02:49 AM
More.............
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1210.jpg

That snapper that doesn't get much attention. It works great on thick lots that I side discharge.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1211.jpg

S man
10-01-2008, 02:50 AM
Last one.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/lawnmowerman123456789/IMG_1202.jpg

DaughtryLC
10-01-2008, 02:50 AM
Sweet, Its like a family photo!!

02DURAMAX
10-01-2008, 09:36 AM
looks good!.. All red, But the two echos.

S man
10-01-2008, 01:40 PM
looks good!.. All red, But the two echos.

When I start doing more tree work I will add a redmax saw and hedge trimmer. For now the echos work great so there staying around for a while.

Scag413
10-01-2008, 01:55 PM
i would vote for something else besides a toyota but to each his own

FinerCutslawnCare
10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Nice equipment! Just a question but if you have a phazer then why did you only go with a 46" lazer?

Scag413
10-01-2008, 02:31 PM
he sold a phazer and bought the lazer hp then bought this phazer and his properties arent too big anyway

lawn crafters
10-01-2008, 08:38 PM
what about a trailer

MileHigh
10-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I swear I've this same thread about 4 times before....

S man
10-01-2008, 09:18 PM
the trailer is out in front of the house. I just didn't take pictures of it. These are new pictures of all my stuff. I don't know what you're on bladescape.

MileHigh
10-01-2008, 09:29 PM
yea, new pics of the SAME OLE STUFF!

by the way...tundras blow.

MJS
10-01-2008, 09:32 PM

:laugh: you know, I was thinking the same thing - but it's exciting, because the pictures are always slightly different. . . :laugh:

Just kidding, S Man, nice setup - I enjoy seeing equipment pics, no matter how many lol. Good luck with your biz

S man
10-01-2008, 10:21 PM

by the way...tundras blow.

yeah just like new pics of your same old setup you posted almost everyday.:hammerhead:
At least my pictures are of mostly new stuff. If you don't like it, get lost.
And by the way, tundras are awsome and are better than ford or dodge. I was going with chevy but would rather have a tundra. :waving:

Lakewlc
10-01-2008, 10:25 PM
i like seeing ur stuff sman. its good to see someone young like me with real nice stuff. btw how old are you?

Kennedy Landscaping
10-01-2008, 10:46 PM
I swear I've this same thread about 4 times before....

Ditto to that. Seems like the same pics everytime

wayside
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
yeah just like new pics of your same old setup you posted almost everyday.:hammerhead:
And by the way, tundras are awsome and are better than ford or dodge. I was going with chevy but would rather have a tundra. :waving:

I think dude ment save some space on this site and stay with one thread you just had an 08 thread .

If i was the owner of this site i would try to keep it clean to many people free post and kills space + it should be killing dudes pockets $$

also just get your self a nice F250 or F350 ford pickup go on cars.com alot of nice 02 & up models for cheap prices.

deere615
10-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Go with a chevy! I hope you are getting a red truck to match everything else

dura to the max
10-01-2008, 11:34 PM
that fence in the background needs some attention. and i would go w/ a full sized truck, not a tundra, for towing that rig. (by full size i mean 3/4 ton or bigger.)

dura to the max
10-01-2008, 11:36 PM
equipment looks good by the way. what happened to that shade/canopy that you had on the lazer?

MileHigh
10-01-2008, 11:39 PM

I never went half as crazy as you with your pics of your mowers all lined nicely. I'm not trying to bash your ambition on this site, we all love it...but these pics are so damn similar to others you have it's just getting old...lets see some new stuff...please.

Mostly new stuff...like my equipment is old or somthin? I've had my own business for just over two and 1/2 years and bought EVERYTHING but my truck and plow brand new...jerk.

yea tundras interiors are nice, but they sure aren't the best 1/2 ton out there at all. just look it up guy, all of the tundra recalls are quite sad. camshaft's, warping rotors, bed knocking up against the rear cab causing body damage, weak as hell frames, those are nice mommy trucks...

Check these out:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE
http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/toyota/toyota_tundra.htm

Don't get me wrong Im not saying by any means that my truck is better than a brand new tundra...Im just saying if I were to spend that kinda money on a truck I would get a BIG BOY truck. 3/4 and up. by the way toyota is coming out with a one ton diesel tundra in 2010...that's gonna be a total junker.

You were right on with your original choice in a Chevrolet..Dude, buy American!

GravelyGuy
10-01-2008, 11:46 PM
I never went half as crazy as you with your pics of your mowers all lined nicely. I'm not trying to bash your ambition on this site, we all love it...but these pics are so damn similar to others you have it's just getting old...lets see some new stuff...please.

Mostly new stuff...like my equipment is old or somthin? I've had my own business for just over two and 1/2 years and bought EVERYTHING but my truck and plow brand new...jerk.

yea tundras interiors are nice, but they sure aren't the best 1/2 ton out there at all. just look it up guy, all of the tundra recalls are quite sad. camshaft's, warping rotors, bed knocking up against the rear cab causing body damage, weak as hell frames, those are nice mommy trucks...

Check these out:
http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/toyota/toyota_tundra.htm

Don't get me wrong Im not saying by any means that my truck is better than a brand new tundra...Im just saying if I were to spend that kinda money on a truck I would get a BIG BOY truck. 3/4 and up. by the way toyota is coming out with a one ton diesel tundra in 2010...that's gonna be a total junker.

17K on mine and I still smile every time I get in it. I towed several loads of top soil the other day about 10k or so loaded with power to spare. Definitely not junk, but whatever:hammerhead:

SNAPPER MAN
10-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Dude, get the Tundra!!!! I love mine. It pulls amazingly if you get electric brakes and has so much power if you get the big engine. Ive put just over 4k miles on mine in just over three months. It is an awsome truck and you wouldnt be dissapointed and toyota stands behind their product.

SNAPPER MAN
10-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Bladescape, Tundras are more american than "american" trucks. Tundras are built and assembled in San Antonio, Texas; while the big three assemble most of their trucks in mexico.

MileHigh
10-01-2008, 11:53 PM
17K on mine and I still smile every time I get in it. I towed several loads of top soil the other day about 10k or so loaded with power to spare. Definitely not junk, but whatever:hammerhead:

I said that the 2010 one ton diesel tundra was going to be a junker...said nothing about a 07 or 08 tundra in that fashion...just metioned recalls and such..there motors are powerful as HELL never doubted that at all..there just not built work the working man...

17k ain't nothin....

there nice trucks just like ANY new truck...

they just arent REAL trucks....

MileHigh
10-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Bladescape, Tundras are more american than "american" trucks. Tundras are built and assembled in San Antonio, Texas; while the big three assemble most of their trucks in mexico.

whatever bossman...

I don't care where there built...

It still says TOYOTA on the grill.

give me one of the 3 please.

RedMax Man
10-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Be an American, buy an American truck:usflag:

You seem to have to many fence problems though everytime i see new pictures.

When it comes time to start a new thread would it be possible to post pics of your equipment:confused:

RedMax Man
10-02-2008, 12:00 AM

Problem is the $$$$$$ doesn't stay on our soil it goes over seas to the headquarters in Japan, China etc.

dura to the max
10-02-2008, 12:05 AM
You seem to have to many fence problems though everytime i see new pictures:confused:

i said it first...

RedMax Man
10-02-2008, 12:09 AM
i said it first...

I've mentioned it before in his other threads:)

02DURAMAX
10-02-2008, 12:43 AM
I've mentioned it before in his other threads:)

Yea and they get worse everytime he post a new pic..:laugh:

S man
10-02-2008, 02:34 AM
Yeah the fences are pathetic and you'll have to talk to my parents who didn't get them fixed after katrina and gustav. My shed is painted red so I should have got some pictures by the shed. I still don't understand what everyone's problem is? This is my new setup with the phazer I got. I was just taking a recent shot of everything to show everyone what I have now.

02DURAMAX
10-02-2008, 03:06 AM
its cause they all look the same.

mr mow
10-02-2008, 04:53 AM

Check these out:

Hate to say it bladescape...toyota and hondas are...at least assembled in america. Chevy subassemblies are assembled in mexico and trucks are assembled in detroit canada and mexico. Pretty much all the manufactures foriegn and domestic use mostly foriegn parts...you cant buy "american" anymore, sorry to say. Maybe if you look hard you can...im talking most everything. I own a 2000 chevy silverado, love my truck. I will tell you what though, with the logic you used to bash a tundra is absolutley ridiculous! Your trying to say toyota has more recalls and more manufacuters defects than the big 3? I highly doubt that! the new tundra has been in production what 3yrs? not totally sure. bet im close though. I would think that a new production model would have a few bugs. what happen to the quadrasteer? Anyways if i could afford one(toyota or nissan) i would snatch one up in a heartbeat...cause resale value is directly related to reliabilty! The reason honda, nissan, toyota dont give rebates(for the most part) and are more exspensive than the same yr as other truck model is....because they have built a reputation as Quality and reliablity and they know it...its also the very reason the big 3 are failing..quality and reliabilty! please reread your previous posts before you make another hypocritical statement...i only touched on one! Also when you go after someone on here, they might have been the next person to help you out with your blade problem. Just take it easy...its not your business decision.*trucewhiteflag*

GravelyGuy
10-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Hate to say it bladescape...toyota and hondas are...at least assembled in america. Chevy subassemblies are assembled in mexico and trucks are assembled in detroit canada and mexico. Pretty much all the manufactures foriegn and domestic use mostly foriegn parts...you cant buy "american" anymore, sorry to say. Maybe if you look hard you can...im talking most everything. I own a 2000 chevy silverado, love my truck. I will tell you what though, with the logic you used to bash a tundra is absolutley ridiculous! Your trying to say toyota has more recalls and more manufacuters defects than the big 3? I highly doubt that! the new tundra has been in production what 3yrs? not totally sure. bet im close though. I would think that a new production model would have a few bugs. what happen to the quadrasteer? Anyways if i could afford one(toyota or nissan) i would snatch one up in a heartbeat...cause resale value is directly related to reliabilty! The reason honda, nissan, toyota dont give rebates(for the most part) and are more exspensive than the same yr as other truck model is....because they have built a reputation as Quality and reliablity and they know it...its also the very reason the big 3 are failing..quality and reliabilty! please reread your previous posts before you make another hypocritical statement...i only touched on one! Also when you go after someone on here, they might have been the next person to help you out with your blade problem. Just take it easy...its not your business decision.*trucewhiteflag*

The new models cam out in 07 so they haven't even been around for 2 years. Everyone is just picking apart the small crap because Honda and Toyota are supposed to be perfect.

Also, try comparing apples to apples, the new Tundra is stickered for less than a similar Chevy or Ford equipped the same. The only reason the big 3 come in cheaper is because of the deep discounts they have going now.

Supper Grassy
10-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Nice Equipment

scaglawnsnj
10-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Nice collection you have there. Do you actually use any of it?
Those weed wacker guards look pretty, well clean.

mr mow
10-02-2008, 09:39 PM
dont know how thats not comparing apples to apples... and why do you think they have deep discounts? Cause they cant sell them...too much inventory...not cause of gas prices either. When i bought mine 3 yrs ago, i looked at new ones couldnt afford one but gas was at least around 2.30 a gal and they had good discounts then. Toyota doesnt do that cause they dont have to...they have a very good reputation/owner feed back...thats part of the reason big 3 or atleast gm(havent heard about the others in awhile) is failing. Not saying toyota or forgein is better...just saying over the years they have built a better reputation..all the trucks have "character flaws" i.e. chevy and cold engine knock, dodge transmission(or used to be)....Well anyway we are totally high jacking this thread. Didnt want to get into a huge debate about which truck has less problems or what ever. No vehicle(production) is american made...assembled is not made...

S man
10-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Toyota does make a good truck and it's the one I want to get. I loved the test drive and my dad and me will be closing a deal this weekend possibly. This isn't going to be just a work truck, it will be my regular driver until I get a car to get to college and date and stuff. But this tundra has the sport package and has some awsome rims. It has the 4.8 Iforce I don't really need the 5.7 because I'm probably not going to be pulling anything serious. Just my 5X12 loaded down with the lazer z phazer and metro 21". And I'll put the landscaping supplies in the bed. That's alright mr. mow, I think we needed to discuss trucks. And toyota does make a great truck and shouldn't be bashed.
btw the trimmers are shinny because I cleaned them off after all the dirt and stuff that was on them. They are dirty again though. I bring one backpack and trimmer and the other two are for backup or my dad when we work together. So everything is balanced out. Next year everything will see a lot more use with more accounts I pick up.

bakerc8
10-03-2008, 03:43 PM
how is the cart attached to the z turns and how much tree work do you do?

GravelyGuy
10-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Toyota does make a good truck and it's the one I want to get. I loved the test drive and my dad and me will be closing a deal this weekend possibly. This isn't going to be just a work truck, it will be my regular driver until I get a car to get to college and date and stuff. But this tundra has the sport package and has some awsome rims. It has the 4.8 Iforce I don't really need the 5.7 because I'm probably not going to be pulling anything serious. Just my 5X12 loaded down with the lazer z phazer and metro 21". And I'll put the landscaping supplies in the bed. That's alright mr. mow, I think we needed to discuss trucks. And toyota does make a great truck and shouldn't be bashed.
btw the trimmers are shinny because I cleaned them off after all the dirt and stuff that was on them. They are dirty again though. I bring one backpack and trimmer and the other two are for backup or my dad when we work together. So everything is balanced out. Next year everything will see a lot more use with more accounts I pick up.

Man, I don't want to change your mind if your heart is set, but you will be much happier with the 5.7. It's so much more fun when not towing and I've heard from the guys with the 4.8 that the 5.7 gets the same or better MPG. Don't bother looking at the EPA sticker on the window if it says otherwise. They are BS.

SNAPPER MAN
10-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Ya man I have the 5.7 and its a hoss. The 4.8 only gets like 1mpg better but doesnt have near the power and torque. You will regret it if you dont get the 5.7.

valleylawn79
10-04-2008, 10:26 PM
good looking equipment; buy whichever truck works for you. hell we are in a global economy anyway.-- borrowing money from other countries too. a lot of that money that built your tundra went into american pockets as well. that tundra pulls pretty good too; but most half tons with a 4-10 or 4-30 gear pulls good. those 5.7s have good power

DillonsLawnCare
10-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Looks pretty efficient to me!! Very nice equipment!

S man
10-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Man, I don't want to change your mind if your heart is set, but you will be much happier with the 5.7. It's so much more fun when not towing and I've heard from the guys with the 4.8 that the 5.7 gets the same or better MPG. Don't bother looking at the EPA sticker on the window if it says otherwise. They are BS.

Yeah well my dad went friday night to sign papers and instead got an sr5 with the bigger engine and an actual towing package. And lots of other goodies. But the snakes didn't bother telling my dad that it had 800 miles on it and that it had a brake tag already. He drove it home for me(I was at a party that night) and saw that it was on trip mode and actually was used. Also it didn't drive as smooth as the other one I drove when I was there. So he couldn't work the next day and had a hard time getting sleep, I also couldn't sleep even though I didn't know what has going on. So my dad went back over there and got mad and they ended up giving him the truck I drove that I really liked with the 4.7 l grade model. It does look great but the other one was like 2 grand more and when I got the price down for the better one, the one that is 2 grand less was going to be the same price out the door because the rebate was 4k on the sr5 and 2500 on the grade. I was pissed so I called up the manager and explained to him that I am the person actually buying the truck and that I want another sr5 with the price that was agreed on or some money off the lower priced truck. I am happy with the lower priced one but some money has to be taken off because the 4k rebate was on the grade until oct 1. I was in there getting ready to buy it sept 30 so they should keep the rebate on because the guy kept our papers and we signed them ready to buy it but waited a week later. we'll see monday when my dad and me go to the dealer.

dura to the max
10-05-2008, 03:01 PM
my moms f-250 super duty was built in kentucky. not sure about my 2 chevy's...ill check tomorrow.

Michael J. Donovan
10-06-2008, 07:05 PM
ok, we're putting this one to rest...let's move on

thanks