PDA

View Full Version : Service Magic

mowerman2u
10-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Does anyone use Service Magic. com ? If so , How is it working out I am considering joining up . Do you get the leads for lawn care .I am not interested in landscaping , just lawn care .Thanks

Lawnut101
10-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Does anyone use Service Magic. com ? If so , How is it working out I am considering joining up . Do you get the leads for lawn care .I am not interested in landscaping , just lawn care .Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. I actually talked to a lady that works there, but I haven't decided if I want to do it. There's also another site, called Contractor Gallery that is free. I don't know if I've gotten any jobs from it yet, but it's free, so it can't hurt.

MileHigh
10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I use them...

It's a pretty good company, but they charge a healthy fee as well.

What they do is send you leads of potential customers that want your service. You can choose what zip codes you want to get your leads in. They send these to you via text message, computerized phone call, and e-mail. You pay $12-$18 per lead. $12 for normal leads, and $18 for "Exact match leads".

The catch is that they send these leads to up to 3 companies at the same time. So you want to call asap and get your quote in, and try to get there credit card info to somewhat secure the lead. I have found most of the time I am either the first to call, or the only one to call. You can turn your leads on or off at any time, and also set a weekly/monthly budget of leads.

They do screen the leads they get so you will almost always get someone that is looking for exactly what you do. IF you get a bunk lead...you just call them and they will reverse the charge. You must have a business name, insurance, and pass a criminal background check to use there services. $100 initial start up fee.

Bottom line is that they give you pretty solid leads in almost any aspect of lawn care and landscaping you can think of. Aeration, Fall/Spring Cleanups, Irrigation, Mowing, Landscape, Hardscape, the whole 9.