PDA

View Full Version : Is this a SCAM??? eXmark mower.......

DillonsLawnCare
10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
i found this mower and it almost looks to good to be true. on the two front caster forks, it looks like some extra welding of different colors went on, or the guy is wanting a red, white, and blue mower....

anyways. If there is anyone that lives in middle tennessee, i call dibs on this mower.

he talks like he knows his stuff, but doesnt describe the mower...

and he left NO contact information, so i have no way of getting in touch with him... so i shall wait.

Good deal??\

http://nashville.craigslist.org/for/861721737.html

KDJ
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
for five hundred dollars, sure buy it.

Scag413
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
looks like a great deal to me but if you can contact him make sure you set up a time and place to meet him and if you have to travel a good way then think twice about it

Lazer_Z
10-01-2008, 08:13 PM
He has in the add the words FIXED DECK & GEAR DRIVE, does no one find it odd that the pictures are of a Turf Tracer HP?

traman
10-01-2008, 08:47 PM
He has in the add the words FIXED DECK & GEAR DRIVE, does no one find it odd that the pictures are of a Turf Tracer HP?
i don't think its even an 04 ,you are right its a floating deck and it is a hydro

Lazer_Z
10-01-2008, 09:50 PM
i don't think its even an 04 ,you are right its a floating deck and it is a hydro It also looks like it's got more than the "low" hours on it as stated in the add. Look at the muffler, it's bent, the deck looks scraped up from normal wear, but the pictures suck so you can't see what REAL flaws are hidden.

Tnlawnguy
10-01-2008, 09:59 PM
That definately looks like a scam to me....

MileHigh
10-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Still sounds like like a great deal..

hydro, floating deck, exmark tthp, 500 obo...

I'd be all over that...I'm sure it's already bought by now.

topsites
10-01-2008, 11:18 PM
I don't understand, if you haven't got a hold of the guy, you haven't had a chance to look at the machine, what is the problem?

dura to the max
10-01-2008, 11:26 PM
i agree w/ all the above posts. the muffler is bent to heck, its not described correctly...

but for $500 IF you get a floating deck hydro...it might be a great deal. (i would worry that the pic is for illustration only, IF in fact there is even a mower for sale)

BigGreen1
10-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Use the contact button on the bottom of the add. Have craigslist contact him for you. Looks like a good deal, just be careful.

Tim

jtruck618
10-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Do you see the circled R after Kawasaki? This probably means he copied and pasted this from a site explaining a mower, maybe not even this mower. Be careful....

topsites
10-02-2008, 02:54 AM
Do you see the circled R after Kawasaki? This probably means he copied and pasted this from a site explaining a mower, maybe not even this mower. Be careful....

LOL it doesn't mean it's a scam even thou that entire thing is copied straight from the manufacturer,
but I knew that right away which makes this thread even funnier than it already is.

Geez, how difficult is it:

One simple rule: No mower, no money.

Then:
1. Get a hold of the guy.
2. Set up a time and place to meet where you can LOOK at the machine.
3. Go there.
4. Look at it, inspect it, make sure the S/N plate is intact, etc...
> Test-drive it for all I care.
4. If all is good, buy it.

How hard is that, that's all anyone has to do, which is why I don't understand what the problem is.

Scagguy
10-02-2008, 09:18 AM
It's a classice example of bait and switch. I wouldn't waste my time on it.

ALC-GregH
10-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Scagguy, but if he lives close to the guy listing the mower, why not take the time to "look" at it. The price is right, as long as you don't send him the money first, all is good. If it's a scam, you'll know it.

Scagguy
10-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Scagguy, but if he lives close to the guy listing the mower, why not take the time to "look" at it. The price is right, as long as you don't send him the money first, all is good. If it's a scam, you'll know it.

Spent too many years in the car biz to know a scam when I see one. If he wants to check it out....fine. Me personally, I wouldn't because the percentages of this being the real deal are lower than whale poop.

jtruck618
10-02-2008, 11:51 AM
LOL it doesn't mean it's a scam even thou that entire thing is copied straight from the manufacturer,
but I knew that right away which makes this thread even funnier than it already is.

Geez, how difficult is it:

One simple rule: No mower, no money.

Then:
1. Get a hold of the guy.
2. Set up a time and place to meet where you can LOOK at the machine.
3. Go there.
4. Look at it, inspect it, make sure the S/N plate is intact, etc...
> Test-drive it for all I care.
4. If all is good, buy it.

How hard is that, that's all anyone has to do, which is why I don't understand what the problem is.

You are missing the point. He may not want to waste his time with it. Is why he is asking everyone's opinion. Maybe another member here is familiar with it. I think everyone knows to follow the rules you wrote out.

moose203
10-02-2008, 01:18 PM
it is in Manchester middle TN's meth capital of coarse it is a scam.....kidding aside looks shady

Jason

Tnlawnguy
10-03-2008, 05:24 PM
So, this was definately not a scam! I know the guy who bought it. I'm gonna go over there later and check it out. He said it's in great shape other than the muffler being bent a little and needing a new deck belt!! Crazy good deal!!

DillonsLawnCare
10-03-2008, 05:34 PM
who bought it? how did he find it? when did he buy it?

Tnlawnguy
10-03-2008, 05:54 PM
It was one of my friends that lives in murfreesboro. I guess he found it on the craigslist listing? I think he got earlier today sometime.

DillonsLawnCare
10-03-2008, 06:59 PM
anyways. If there is anyone that lives in middle tennessee, i call dibs on this mower.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/for/861721737.html

The man who was selling the mower said that the guy who bought it, saw it on here and then bought it. i find it funny that i emailed the man Tuesday night with my contact information and to him to "consider it sold". i emailed him repeatedly with my info.

sort of unfair, dont ya think?

oakwdman
10-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Dillon, he sold it to the first person who showed up with cash in hand. technically unless you gave him a deposit he owe's you nothing, not to say what he did wasn't sh*ty.

DillonsLawnCare
10-03-2008, 07:17 PM
yes, i understand the completely and agree with you, but he didn't provide information for me to be ABLE to buy it, with cash in hand!! and i was first in line so to speak, but whatever.

dura to the max
10-03-2008, 11:47 PM
yes, i understand the completely and agree with you, but he didn't provide information for me to be ABLE to buy it, with cash in hand!! and i was first in line so to speak, but whatever.

you dont KNOW that you were first in line...

dura to the max
10-03-2008, 11:50 PM
The man who was selling the mower said that the guy who bought it, saw it on here and then bought it. i find it funny that i emailed the man Tuesday night with my contact information and to him to "consider it sold". i emailed him repeatedly with my info.

sort of unfair, dont ya think?

when you say saw it on here, do you mean LS or craigslist?

Tnlawnguy
10-04-2008, 02:37 PM
I guess he did find it here, I didnt even know he was on this site. I did ask him about it and he said the guy(seller) told him he was the first to respond to the ad. Maybe the guy didnt receive your email for some reason.:confused: Anyways, I took some pics of it yesterday after he cleaned it up. The white and blue are from where the company that owned it labeled their equipment cause they had so much. I messed with it some, it runs and cuts perfect. Nothing wrong with it at all!

ALC-GregH
10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Dillon, I would suggest that next time you see a good deal and it's close to you, call and go over and check it out. Posting a thread to see if it's scam or not isn't going to get you there. Only pay for it if you've seen it and you think it's a good deal. Looks like the guy got a killer deal and wasted NO time going over and looking at it with the cash in hand. Sorry about your luck, keep trying, you'll find a steal soon, as the season is winding down.

DillonsLawnCare
10-04-2008, 08:13 PM
yes, but i tried everything in my power to buy the mower. The ad started without any contact information, so i emailed craigslist, to tell them to send a notification to the seller. i did as much as I could. the seller was a cheap ass and he knows it.

and the guy DID recieve my email(s). i gave him my contact info. he said he would call me after he got off work. he never called me.

brucec32
10-05-2008, 02:03 AM
Now that you've posted it here on the web maybe someone will recognize their obviously STOLEN MOWER.