PDA

View Full Version : stihl fs 90 r versus echo 265-t

LangdonsLawns
10-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Good evening everyone. I recently purchased a fs90r stihl trimmer and had nothing but trouble out of it. I am demoing a 265-t echo but the machine doesn't seem any different than stihl and is also loud to the point of giving you a headache. I would appreciate any advice that anyone can offer. On either trimmer or another brand all together. thanks *newusflag*

IHusky
10-01-2008, 11:50 PM
give the kawasaki kgt27a a try, very nice, light, smooth and lots of power

good luck

lawns Etc
10-02-2008, 05:05 AM
Any true 2 stroke will be loudr than the 4 mix FS90 I have a ECHO 260S and a Stihl FS 85 I like the ECho better as it weighs less or at least feels alot more balanced

Roger
10-02-2008, 06:58 AM
... I recently purchased a fs90r stihl trimmer and had nothing but trouble out of it. ...

I too recently purchased an FS90R, and consider it the best hand held piece I've bought. Others on this Forum have said the same thing. "... nothing but trouble..." doesn't give us much of an idea of what is wrong. What steps have been taken to remedy the matter?

Perhaps rather than looking for a replacement, you would be better served to remedy the problems with the one you already bought. Since there are too many other buyers who have had good experience with the FS90R, something must be wrong with your unit. Yes, there are those objectors to FS90R, or any Sthil products, just out of principle. That is fine, and maybe this is your case.

tinkz71
10-02-2008, 07:00 AM
I have the echo 265-T and have no problems. I use it from cleaning up ponds to edging sidewalks its I will for sure stick with echo Im not big on the the 4mix setup ethier. Awesome power and very light weight.

Dunlaps LawnCare
10-02-2008, 07:02 AM
i have a fs-90 and love it

mikeylikesit5805
10-02-2008, 11:55 AM
i have a fs-90, When i first got it, it ran pretty Sh**ty so i took it to the dealer and the fuel pickup tube fell out. After that it still ran pretty bad. Ran new gas through it, new plugs, adjusted the carb. Nothing seemed to fix it. Then I stoped carrying around on the Trimmer Trap and it runs like a champ, always starts up first pull and runs great. No Problems after i took it off the rack. Dont ask my why but it worked. Must shake it up too bad or something.

mikeylikesit5805
10-02-2008, 12:30 PM
i have a fs-90, When i first got it, it ran pretty Sh**ty so i took it to the dealer and the fuel pickup tube fell out. After that it still ran pretty bad. Ran new gas through it, new plugs, adjusted the carb. Nothing seemed to fix it. Then I stoped carrying around on the Trimmer Trap and it runs like a champ, always starts up first pull and runs great. No Problems after i took it off the rack. Dont ask my why but it worked. Must shake it up too bad or something.

viper00085
10-02-2008, 01:38 PM
as a side note for any owners of newer FS90, 100, 110 or hl100, etc. (bought with in the last year)

Stihl has had some major issues with the fuel line coming off the tank nipple. They have a updated tank nipple and formed fuel line to update the unit. it does 2 things, of course keeps the line from falling off, and keeps the fuel line from twisting/pinching off as the fuel filter moves in tank when inverted for edging, etc.
If you remove you tank cap and look down in there and see a straight black fuel line coming off the nipple, its a good idea to see a dealer and get the updated part put in. the new line has a weird bend/curve in it with ribs at the bends.