PDA

View Full Version : Possible Propane or CNG at GIE??

pflasch
10-02-2008, 12:06 AM
I think that it would be great if we could see alternative fuel choices rolled out at GIE this month!

The technology is in place, and has been for MANY years, to run most fossil engines on propane and cng.

If they were on cng, you could have a generator station at your home, filling up your own tanks before going out for the day!

MUCH cheaper than gas or diesel, and the pollutants could be 1/2 or more less than gas or diesel.

I know that Dixie Chopper and Ferris are currently leading the pack on these types of mowers... so what is everyone else doing??
I'd love to see a Walker, Wright or Hustler on propane or cng!!

I would pay a higher price for the equipment, but if everyone started to do this, that cost could come way down!
As an industry, let's help out with the pollution issue... and go "green-er"!!

Daily Lawn/Landscape
10-02-2008, 12:13 AM
I Hear Scag is on board. Hope so, I would make the change.

ODU Lawn Man
10-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Ive been doing some research on these propane mowers and its hard to find a dealer who sells them. Im from northern Virginia and I have been calling around to see the different brands. The dixie chopper dealer doesnt sell the propane mower and had no clue about any info on it. It turns out, my dingo dealer is going to start selling the enviroguard propane mower.

I looked at enviroguards website and they have a lot of different models with Briggs and Straton engines in them. they also have a patent on the propane connector or something that prevents propane from leaking out and freezing the regulator.

Has anyone heard anything about Enviroguard

greenred
10-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I ran a crew for a friend of mine at night cleaning and buffing store floors. We used propane powered buffers. After my experience with them, I cant imagine some one willingly dealing with that pain in the ass for cutting grass. Personally I would rather pay the higher cost of gas for its convenience and wide availability then deal with a fleet of propane powered mowers.

But to each his own I guess. I imagine some guys can make it work pretty well for themselves.

ed2hess
10-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Ive been doing some research on these propane mowers and its hard to find a dealer who sells them. Im from northern Virginia and I have been calling around to see the different brands. The dixie chopper dealer doesnt sell the propane mower and had no clue about any info on it. It turns out, my dingo dealer is going to start selling the enviroguard propane mower.

I looked at enviroguards website and they have a lot of different models with Briggs and Straton engines in them. they also have a patent on the propane connector or something that prevents propane from leaking out and freezing the regulator.

Has anyone heard anything about Enviroguard

If you wanta drive a little McCoys in Austin was putting on the propane and was getting a grant to cover the cost. They will put it on any brand you want....don't know if they got any grant money left but they were really pushing it a month ago.

ODU Lawn Man
10-29-2008, 09:25 PM
I appreciate the offer. Texas is a little far away to drive. Im going to keep an eye out for things closer to Va