PDA

View Full Version : Got the Cat back today

ccstrebe
10-02-2008, 02:04 AM
The hydro leak turned out to be a small 3/8" diameter o-ring that went on a threaded casting plug on the backside of the final drive unit. They had to take the whole drive motor off the machine to get to it.

Also, I couldn't get the float to work so I told them the float wasn't working and they said they would look into it. When I picked up the machine they showed me how to get it too float. Silly me, I was trying to put it into float the same way the Case worked. Well, guess what they had done, instead of seeing if the float worked they just installed the new software upgrade they got in the other day. Guess what? It is a sweet upgrade!! I didn't have a problem with how they worked before, you just had to be very diliberate and precise, not anymore, they are butter smooth now, no jerking and they work the same everytime. I'm very pleased.

Scag48
10-02-2008, 02:07 AM
A final drive leaking when it's new? Way to go Cat. The shame continues. At least you get her fixed and the new software upgrade.

ccstrebe
10-02-2008, 02:22 AM
A final drive leaking when it's new? Way to go Cat. The shame continues. At least you get her fixed and the new software upgrade.

Don't be too harsh, that could happen to any brand. Besides if it wouldn't have leaked, would I have gotten the software upgrade? All things happen for a reason I say, unless of course something is caused by ones own stupidity or ignorance.

ksss
10-02-2008, 03:08 AM
Don't be too harsh, that could happen to any brand. Besides if it wouldn't have leaked, would I have gotten the software upgrade? All things happen for a reason I say, unless of course something is caused by ones own stupidity or ignorance.

I would agree sometimes things like this happen. However, how does a machine go through a PDI and not get the software upgrade. You only had it for what maybe a week? So you don't get the upgrade if you don't bring it in? Would they have told you about it? I don't know thats why I am asking. If the upgrade came out in the week while you had it, thats one thing, if it came out prior, I would be having a chat with CAT service manager. Some one missed a leak and failed to put the latest update on a machine prior to delivery. Had all of this to your CASE machine would you be as easy going about it?

ccstrebe
10-02-2008, 10:44 AM
I would agree sometimes things like this happen. However, how does a machine go through a PDI and not get the software upgrade. You only had it for what maybe a week? So you don't get the upgrade if you don't bring it in? Would they have told you about it? I don't know thats why I am asking. If the upgrade came out in the week while you had it, thats one thing, if it came out prior, I would be having a chat with CAT service manager. Some one missed a leak and failed to put the latest update on a machine prior to delivery. Had all of this to your CASE machine would you be as easy going about it?

They were saying that the software is still in beta and hasn't been released to the public yet.

I would hope that they would have notified me about the upgrade when it becomes available for general release, but if they didn't, that is why I have I have been counting on Carterkraft to let us know.

Yes, in the begining of my Case problems I was just as easy going. Case had several recall items that were addressing my problems as I was having them.

I know I don't put a lot of hours on my machines but the hours that I do put on them, I work them hard, as you can see from my scarifier. I am very anxious to see how the Cat handles that scarifier.

bobcat_ron
10-02-2008, 10:44 AM
There are just some things you can't see on a PDI, we have had the same oil leak on the 320CLU's in the same spot on the valve bank, it took time for the oil to leak after 25 hours, some goofy hose that couldn't be tightened at the factory until other parts were in place.

ksss
10-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I know things get overlooked in a PDI. I got one machine that the ride control was not hooked up right. I think it was on a 95XT. How a machine leaves the factory and goes through a dealer PDI and no one notices the ride control does not work is beyond me. The leak I could excuse. The software update would bother me. The scarifier looks very cool. The problem is here if your running in weedy ground the scarfier gets plugged with trash. No doubt that your attachment would do a better job ripping, but here it would plug too easy. In barren ground it would fine, you would surely need a tracked machine to pull it. Tires would not get it done. Some times my 440 spins out pulling the 7 shank ripper. I have a Bobcat Scarifier as well. I also took the depth skids off and replaced them with teeth. It is a great time saving attachment. I am surprised more guys don't use them. Makes quick work of lawn preps were the ground is compacted, and makes life much easier on a rock rake. They also work well on concrete prep jobs that typically are on well traveled ground. Don't need a toothed bucket as often.

ccstrebe
10-02-2008, 02:04 PM
My 440 had problems pulling it too when it was only 7 shanks. That was one of the many reasons for going to a tracked machine. I'll admit, all my special attachments and the very reason for having the Cat, are all specific to working the track. I don't know how well my setup would work out in the real world, but it sure makes my life easy and fun out at the track.

I did use a 930G for a couple weeks once, does that put me above the less than rookie stage.

dozerman21
10-02-2008, 08:31 PM
When I bought my Deere I had the exact same oil leak you are referring to. It happened at about 25 hours. Oil was everywhere. They had a mechanic out to fix it in less than an hour. I wouldn't have been pissed about it because I'm very familiar with how sh!t can happen to anything, but the demo I had before I bought my machine did the same damn thing, while my salesman was standing there. When I bought the machine I reminded them to check both sides before they gave it to me. Or don't.:rolleyes: That pissed me off even though they fixed it quick, it shouldn't have happened. It turns out the factory was forgetting to torque them down.

ccstrebe- When are you going to show us pictures of your fancy schmancie attachments?:)

ksss
10-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I did use a 930G for a couple weeks once, does that put me above the less than rookie stage.

ANYONE THAT RUNS CAT IS ROOKIE.:laugh:

Lazer_Z
10-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Power tan makes me http://emoticons4u.com/obscene/eck15.gif

ksss
10-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Power tan makes me http://emoticons4u.com/obscene/eck15.gif

Need some Pepto Bismal?

Construct'O
10-02-2008, 11:07 PM

After 30 plus years running one i hope i'm not considered a Rookie:cry::usflag:

ksss
10-02-2008, 11:15 PM
After 30 plus years running one i hope i'm not considered a Rookie:cry::usflag:

OK OK every but Construct'O that runs CATis a rookie.:laugh:

ccstrebe
10-03-2008, 01:20 AM

:laugh::laugh:

ccstrebe
10-03-2008, 01:28 AM
ccstrebe- When are you going to show us pictures of your fancy schmancie attachments?:)

I started a new thread, did you miss it?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=248108

dozerman21
10-03-2008, 08:51 PM
I started a new thread, did you miss it?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=248108

I actually hadn't seen that thread when I posted that, although I was thinking that you had done some modifications to your grader box too?

The scarifier looks good...

ccstrebe
10-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I actually hadn't seen that thread when I posted that, although I was thinking that you had done some modifications to your grader box too?

The scarifier looks good...

Thanks.

Your thinking about my mini dozer blade, I'll be posting something on that in a day or two.

I just posted my master piece.