PDA

View Full Version : shrub removal estimate?

lawn crafters
10-02-2008, 09:15 AM
i have 1 small rotodendrin 1 hedge, and the other 6 are 4ft tall by 3ft round and are all dead. what would you charge for this job if you could dump onsite.
the customer wants it graded after and a edge made and scallopoed brick taken out also but just a estimate for the shrubs and tree

White Gardens
10-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Just charge your hourly labor rate, especially if you can dump on site. I charge 45-55 an hour depending on the situation.

Are you removing the root ball??? If so then it should take a couple of hours tops. Just removing the hedges to the ground and you can be done in 30 minutes. (Use a hand saw if you want to drag out the labor a little bit and not have to mess with a chain saw for a small job.)

lawn crafters
10-02-2008, 12:22 PM
im taking out the root so i can replant something else for him in the spring( hes paying ) but for now he wants its gone and graded evenly

White Gardens
10-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Just charge labor then, you'll come out ok.

Why did the bushes die in the first place??? Might want to consider a soil sample so anything you install won't die. It's a bonus, you up-sell and know exactly what your dealing with in the sprin, so everyone wins.

I usually charge 15-40 dollars a sample. It all depends on how in depth I have the lab look into them, And I only do about 10-20 samples a year.

lawn crafters
10-02-2008, 04:22 PM
they died from no water and the lco that trimmed them hacked um

Lawnut101
10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Just charge your hourly labor rate, especially if you can dump on site. I charge 45-55 an hour depending on the situation.

Are you removing the root ball??? If so then it should take a couple of hours tops. Just removing the hedges to the ground and you can be done in 30 minutes. (Use a hand saw if you want to drag out the labor a little bit and not have to mess with a chain saw for a small job.)

I agree. It is the most fair way to do it. If he still wants an estimate, well give him a high price.

redfox033
10-02-2008, 06:39 PM
I would tell him $55.00/hr. about 5-6 hours tops, if he has to have an estimate, then say $300.00, tell him you will put a 5.5 hour cap on it. If you do an estimate and get done early, cut him a break on the price and you will be guaranteed the job in the spring.

Florida Gardener
10-02-2008, 06:59 PM
I wouldnt tell him what you are charging an hour. Give him a total price for the job and if you are done an hour earlier, i agree, cut him a break. Don't tell him you will though. Then he will prob be dissapointed if it doesn't happen. Just my .02

richallseasons
10-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Myself doing a job of this nature would estimate how long the job should take me and then price it using a two block per day method. for example if I feel that I can get it done in 3 hours, assuming that I arive at 8 am and am done by 11 am will count that as the first 4 hour block from 8 to 12, say I get $100.00 per hour, then my price is $400.00 and I have time to grab lunch and get another small job done or started using the second 4 hour block from 1 to 5 or knock off early if that is enough money for you for one day.