PDA

View Full Version : No Flat Tires

ksss
10-02-2008, 09:39 AM
I am very close to purchasing a set of Nu Air tires from Mc Laren. just under 3K is a lot of money. I am also looking at Radmeister tires, same concept. Any have these that can provide some additional motivation on pulling the trigger. I am sick of having flats. The 465 is brutal on tires and bent rims.

stuvecorp
10-02-2008, 09:46 AM
On my 170 I had foam filled tires because of flats and didn't have any problems. They were very heavy and I did run Grouser tracks with then. I did not care for having flats when you are out in the sticks and trying to get things done. On a side thought, have you ever watched a carpenter walk to his truck and empty his pockets of all his leftover nails? I now know why I was getting flats.

ksss
10-02-2008, 12:27 PM
On my 170 I had foam filled tires because of flats and didn't have any problems. They were very heavy and I did run Grouser tracks with then. I did not care for having flats when you are out in the sticks and trying to get things done. On a side thought, have you ever watched a carpenter walk to his truck and empty his pockets of all his leftover nails? I now know why I was getting flats.

Yea I have about had enough. While running tracks I got a flat in Big Sky, and had to drive 100 miles round trip to get it fixed. I am tired of the downtime, but man they are expensive, pay now or pay later I guess.

mrsops
10-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I am very close to purchasing a set of Nu Air tires from Mc Laren. just under 3K is a lot of money. I am also looking at Radmeister tires, same concept. Any have these that can provide some additional motivation on pulling the trigger. I am sick of having flats. The 465 is brutal on tires and bent rims.

i know a few guys that have those mclaren nu air tires ksss they seem to like them they give you more of an air ride with out getting flats. I tell you one thing i been doing pretty good on flats this year i been pumping that green slime into all my tires its been working real well. I use to have a set of foam filled tires on my s185 before i sold it and there good for demo work but they sucked when you had to grade out there just so heavy and they wear out faster to there is no give on foam filled tires when turning you just rip into the ground.

dozerman21
10-02-2008, 07:17 PM
I know another solution to your problem... get some of those VTS tracks that I've been hearing about. No flats! There's a guy on here that has some sitting in his driveway collecting rust. Oh wait... nevermind.:drinkup:

Gravel Rat
10-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Tiremen hate slime if you have to get your tires removed most tire shops will charge you extra money dealing with tires with slime. I was also told the slime is considered hazzardous waste.

Like they say if it has t*ts or tires your going to have troubles with it :laugh:

Tracks never go flat :hammerhead:

ksss
10-02-2008, 09:14 PM
I know another solution to your problem... get some of those VTS tracks that I've been hearing about. No flats! There's a guy on here that has some sitting in his driveway collecting rust. Oh wait... nevermind.:drinkup:

You funny guy! How about them Colts?

The VTS are for the 440. They would not fit on the 465. I had 4 nails pulled out of the 440 today. Total downtime on two machines in two days is 4 hours.

stuvecorp
10-02-2008, 10:00 PM

The VTS are for the 440. They would not fit on the 465. I had 4 nails pulled out of the 440 today. Total downtime on two machines in two days is 4 hours.

Ouch, that kills momentum.

bobcatuser
10-02-2008, 10:25 PM
i know a few guys that have those mclaren nu air tires ksss they seem to like them they give you more of an air ride with out getting flats. I tell you one thing i been doing pretty good on flats this year i been pumping that green slime into all my tires its been working real well. I use to have a set of foam filled tires on my s185 before i sold it and there good for demo work but they sucked when you had to grade out there just so heavy and they wear out faster to there is no give on foam filled tires when turning you just rip into the ground.

I have been using the green slime in my tires (3 sets) and haven't had any lost time on the job.

If you get a nail in the tire just leave it in, the sealent will hold pressure Intill you finish the job and can get the tire fixed. When you get new tires or have a repair the tire shop just scoops up the slime and can transfer it to new tires.

dozerman21
10-02-2008, 10:40 PM

That's it. I'm putting a Colts avy back up to turn the tides. Good things seem to happen. Let's see where we are in 12 weeks... if we can stay healthy. Nice win over the Cowgirls, but don't get to excited. I think it had more to do with Jessica being there!:laugh:

ksss
10-02-2008, 10:46 PM
That's it. I'm putting a Colts avy back up to turn the tides. Good things seem to happen. Let's see where we are in 12 weeks... if we can stay healthy. Nice win over the Cowgirls, but don't get to excited. I think it had more to do with Jessica being there!:laugh:

I have watched that game three times now. I cant get enough of it. I love the NFL Network and the NFL ticket. That was worth the price of Direct TV.

Next week we will kick Philly's door in. I wish we could have that first Giants game back.

I wish they would show more of Jessica during the game. That girl is dumb as box of hammers, but dam she is hot.:weightlifter:

dozerman21
10-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I have watched that game three times now. I cant get enough of it. I love the NFL Network and the NFL ticket. That was worth the price of Direct TV.

Next week we will kick Philly's door in. I wish we could have that first Giants game back.

I wish they would show more of Jessica during the game. That girl is dumb as box of hammers, but dam she is hot.:weightlifter:

Exactly. How's Romo supposed to play on the field when he's thinking of playing with those funbags?:cool2: That team is one bad loss from imploding.

Philly will be tough especially if Westbrook plays. Your division is probably the best top to bottom right now.

The Ticket is great, but I think it's BS that you have to pay extra to have all the games in High Def. if you already have the HD package for the rest of the channels. It sucks watching standard def after you're used to HD in everything else.:rolleyes:

YellowDogSVC
10-02-2008, 11:09 PM
KSSS- are you running hd tires? I run hulks and haven't had any issues in about 1200 hrs. running air. I used to run solid fill but stopped after 9 years. I run the slime, too, and carry a heavy duty plug kit and compressor. The thought of a flat does stick in the back of my mind but the hulks seem awfully tough. I have only had one thing go through them and it was a piece of rebar. Thank God it was the solid fill set.

ksss
10-03-2008, 12:56 AM
KSSS- are you running hd tires? I run hulks and haven't had any issues in about 1200 hrs. running air. I used to run solid fill but stopped after 9 years. I run the slime, too, and carry a heavy duty plug kit and compressor. The thought of a flat does stick in the back of my mind but the hulks seem awfully tough. I have only had one thing go through them and it was a piece of rebar. Thank God it was the solid fill set.

I have considered trying a set of Hulks. I just wonder if you go to the expense of the Hulks you might as well go with the NuAirs. I compared others to the Mclaren brand and the Nuairs are more tire, of course they are the most expensive.

YellowDogSVC
10-03-2008, 01:44 PM
From what I have heard, down here in the rock, the nu airs didn't last as long as hulks. I have run nothing but hulks since 2001. When I had my loaner from CAT, it had CAT standard tires and I had a flat the first day. I have been running the air filled hulks vs. foam for awhile as I mentioned earlier. I couldn't be happier. The only drawback I see with hulks are they have about zero flotation in sandy soils or loose soils. They are stiffer and don't give as much either but that hasn't affected my ride too much other than making it feel more stable when the tires don't squat under load. They are heavier, too, but that doesn't seem to be a big issue. I tried the Bobcat version of hulks and liked the tread pattern more but my sales guy told me that for the same price, the standard hulks held up longer in the opinion of local service and parts guys. I didn't see the difference and don't know if there is one in the makeup of the tire. I was told Galaxy made Bobcat severe duty tires but couldn't confirm it. Still, the tread pattern leaves less open space for something to puncture a tire compared to the hulks. Another option is the Galaxy King Kong and I liked the look of the Primex Bossman Grip Steel II that has a steel belt.http://www.galaxytire.com/userTireSearch.do?reqCode=show&id=1

Another thing to consider is if you go pneumatic, you get to keep your rims which match your machine! If you really want to stand out, I'll sell you a set of brand new S330 tires and rims. Really HD. Heaviest rims I have ever seen for a skid (made of thick plate for the center) and the tires are 14 ply (as thick as hulks) and have a favorable lug. They are, though, 14 x 17.5 tires. I opted to go with bobcat s300 sized rims and hulks over the bigger, heavier S330 tires. At the time, I didn't know they were 14 ply severe duty. I thought they were standard 12 ply so I wasted about $3500 and don't even have the super strong rims that would have come stock.

Superior L & L
10-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Im not convinced that Mclaren is the place to go. I dropped $2000 on tracks for my T190 and 14 months later one of them snapped in two. The machine is ran by the same guy most the time and he is real easy on equipment. The rubber had cracks and rips in it after the first month and all we do is landscaping. I callled Mclaren and they were happy to take care of the situation. for $950.00. They said they would give me "free shipping":dancing:
The tracs only had about 400 hours on them.

hillboy
10-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi guys, I'm new on this forum, but I find it to be a great place to share ideas, problems and experiences... :waving:

I have some experience with the no flats and it's been great so far. I would never go back to the foam filled or pneumatic tires -- frankly, I hardly remember what hassle it is to change a flat in the middle of a tight schedule job far away from the shop :drinkup: . First, I had Bullman no flat tires that I bought from my local dealer -- they lasted OK and saved me tons of money on flats -- but the NuAirs I got from McLaren over a year ago are an entirely new and better class of tire. The NuAirs have a lot more cushioning and rubber, last longer, ride softer than the Bullmans and I can put over-the-tire tracks on them. I have about 1000 hrs on them and about 40% more tread left. The NuAirs are more expensive, but you get what you pay for! I'll buy them again once I'm done with the ones I have. I'll probably keep the rims and buy just replacements, since NuAirs are press-ons.. :usflag:

mrsops
10-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi guys, I'm new on this forum, but I find it to be a great place to share ideas, problems and experiences... :waving:

I have some experience with the no flats and it's been great so far. I would never go back to the foam filled or pneumatic tires -- frankly, I hardly remember what hassle it is to change a flat in the middle of a tight schedule job far away from the shop :drinkup: . First, I had Bullman no flat tires that I bought from my local dealer -- they lasted OK and saved me tons of money on flats -- but the NuAirs I got from McLaren over a year ago are an entirely new and better class of tire. The NuAirs have a lot more cushioning and rubber, last longer, ride softer than the Bullmans and I can put over-the-tire tracks on them. I have about 1000 hrs on them and about 40% more tread left. The NuAirs are more expensive, but you get what you pay for! I'll buy them again once I'm done with the ones I have. I'll probably keep the rims and buy just replacements, since NuAirs are press-ons.. :usflag:

how much are those nu airs? hey hillboy do those mclaren tires perform well in dirt or are they to heavy and make a lot of ruts??

ksss
10-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I found out that Bullman is a division of Mclaren. They are the lower price alternative to the regular NuAirs. When you compare pictures of the two, the NuAirs have considerably more rubber than the Bullman. Example is the Bullman are on a 20" rim and the NuAirs are on the normal 16.5.

Hillboy what kind of conditions do you run in, mostly dirt or what percentage would guess and what type of machine are they on?

The NuAirs in 12X16.5 are $29XX. They are not cheap, but if I could have 40% life left after 1000 hours, I am in.

YellowDogSVC
10-05-2008, 10:53 PM
I would be curious of the weight difference between a 12-16.5 hulk and rim vs. the nuair? I wonder if they are as heavy as a foam filled tire since it has so much rubber?
I can tell you that I like the tread pattern better on the Mclaren. One of the rental outfits here didn't have any luck with the nuairs but maybe that was the rental application.

One thing I have found out asking questions of McLaren is their sales guys will hound you until you tell them off or buy something!

hillboy
10-08-2008, 07:21 PM
I didn't know Bullman and NuAir tires are made by the same company. Well, it really doesn't matter. It even means they have experience making tires. :dancing:

There is no much rock where I am. I would say we run 40% on dirt/clay, 35% asphalt/concrete and 35% gravel/rock. The rep in McLaren was a nice guy, not pushy and very informative. After hearing the options, I got the NuAir All-Terrain tire -- since you now know where we run the machine you understand why. As far as I remember the other option was NuAir Dirt-Terrain and it was not recommended for extensive asphalt/concrete use. I paid just under $3k and we picked the tires ourselves from McLaren's local warehouse in Atlanta. We often run the machines out of the dirt to asphalt or concrete when loading the dump, so the All-Terrain tire is the way to go, since it handles better the asphalt and concrete. I forgot to mention that yesterday I counted about half a dozen nails in just one tire. :cry: :usflag:

hillboy
10-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that the NuAir All-Terrain tires are quite heavy and have lots of rubber -- I would say about 250lbs including the rim, so they did stabilize my Case a great deal as compared to the pneumatics or even Bullman tires. :drinkup:

nac
10-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I change my stock tire to Michelins XZSL about2 years ago and still havent got a flat. i have pulled a lot of metal out of the tires but no flats. On my stock tire i lost count of how many flats i have had.

ksss
10-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I change my stock tire to Michelins XZSL about2 years ago and still havent got a flat. i have pulled a lot of metal out of the tires but no flats. On my stock tire i lost count of how many flats i have had.

I am considering the run flats from skid steer solutions. They make their own tires and are very familiar with Nu Airs and the issues they have/had. They are about $500.00 cheaper.

hillboy
10-12-2008, 05:01 PM

Hi Nac, how much you paid for these? Did they come with the rims or you used the ones you had? I like Michelin myself for their great car and truck tires.... :usflag:

Does anyone know if skid steer solutions is a tire manufacturer or one of the no brand Chinese importers? How long they've selling these tires? Sorry, I simply have never heard of them... :confused:

ksss
10-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi Nac, how much you paid for these? Did they come with the rims or you used the ones you had? I like Michelin myself for their great car and truck tires.... :usflag:

Does anyone know if skid steer solutions is a tire manufacturer or one of the no brand Chinese importers? How long they've selling these tires? Sorry, I simply have never heard of them... :confused:

They told me they build them on their own. This is their response to my question regarding the offset of their rims and how their tire compares to the NuAirs.

"Yes, they are offset for the very reason of running tracks. They are not the same as Nu-Air Tires. I used to sell them and have worked hard to make sure we corrected issues we had with Mclaren tires. These are my molds that are being used to press these tires. There is more rubber between the tread and the holes because the Mclarens would crack between the holes and the tread. We also beefed up the rubber in the middle of the tire so that the tires would wear a lot longer. We also built up the base and made it wider so there is no risk of you rubbing up against something and tearing the tread corners off. You will be more than satisfied with these tires.

You can also save a bit right now through our affiliate program. Simply add our link to your site and receive a 5% discount on your purchase."

hillboy
10-12-2008, 07:57 PM
They told me they build them on their own. This is their response to my question regarding the offset of their rims and how their tire compares to the NuAirs.

"Yes, they are offset for the very reason of running tracks. They are not the same as Nu-Air Tires. I used to sell them and have worked hard to make sure we corrected issues we had with Mclaren tires. These are my molds that are being used to press these tires. There is more rubber between the tread and the holes because the Mclarens would crack between the holes and the tread. We also beefed up the rubber in the middle of the tire so that the tires would wear a lot longer. We also built up the base and made it wider so there is no risk of you rubbing up against something and tearing the tread corners off. You will be more than satisfied with these tires.

You can also save a bit right now through our affiliate program. Simply add our link to your site and receive a 5% discount on your purchase."

Well, a true manufacturer will never sell someone else's products, will it... it's like asking Bridgestone to sell you Michelins :) ... seems the guy is a reseller who got his supplier changed for whatever reason.. and now pushes his new staff and tarnishing the rest... oh, crap.. not the first time I see this!!

I haven't seen any "crack between the holes and the tread" neither in my old Bullman tires, nor in my current Nu-Airs and I have about 1000 hrs on them already. The Bullmans wore evenly all the way down to the holes before I had to replace them... If my All-Terrain Nu-Airs do the same, I'll be real pleased because they still have a lot more rubber and tread to go. :drinkup:

KSSS, if you happen to buy these other tires from the guy, it'll be interesting to know how they do, so please let us know... :cool2:

YellowDogSVC
10-15-2008, 02:17 PM
http://www.tycushiontire.com/introduction.htm

these looked interesting. Says they are 30% lighter than???

hillboy
10-15-2008, 04:56 PM
http://www.tycushiontire.com/introduction.htm

these looked interesting. Says they are 30% lighter than???

I like that F-Pattern. I think I saw a couple guys selling them on EBay.... Actually this patterns is very similar to the one I had on the Bullman tires... good for off-road work.

mdterp
10-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't understand why anyone who run pnuematic tires anymore, I thought for years my rims were magnetic.

ksss
10-17-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't understand why anyone who run pnuematic tires anymore, I thought for years my rims were magnetic.

Maybe thats my problem.

hillboy
10-18-2008, 06:11 PM

:laugh: Well said! That was my problem, too... I think it`s only a matter of time until the tires with the holes replace all solids and pneumatic. Their price needs to come down more, though, since they are an excellent but still somewhat pricey solution... I paid $3k for my last set of Nu-Air All terrain including the 4 rims!!! :dizzy:

tyreguy
10-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Hi all. I might be able to answer some of your question as I sell or have sold all of these tires and now manufacture our own tire. I am not trying to sell anyone on one tire or another just trying to help.
Maclaren, bullman and radmeister are all the same company. Maclaren is the parent company and sells to the public. Bullman is for oem sales (bobcat, cat,ect.). Radmeister is there newest arm and was created to sell to all the people who have had a bad experience with Maclaren, mostly tracks. Until recently these tires were made in tiwain now they are made in china.
Ty cushion and Sentry tire are also the same tire. These tires are also made in china. Although they are the same tire the companies are owned by different people and are not connected. The owner of Sentry did work for T Y for a short time.
Skid steer solutions is just a reseller foe Maclaren.
All of these tires are on 20" rims except the nu air which is a 16"
As for the tires tearing at the holes YES this has been a problem in the past the round holes would build an hold heat breaking down the rubber. We saw this problem and had our brand tire redesigned with squire holes as a way to correct the problem.

hillboy
10-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi all. I might be able to answer some of your question as I sell or have sold all of these tires and now manufacture our own tire. I am not trying to sell anyone on one tire or another just trying to help.
Maclaren, bullman and radmeister are all the same company. Maclaren is the parent company and sells to the public. Bullman is for oem sales (bobcat, cat,ect.). Radmeister is there newest arm and was created to sell to all the people who have had a bad experience with Maclaren, mostly tracks. Until recently these tires were made in tiwain now they are made in china.
Ty cushion and Sentry tire are also the same tire. These tires are also made in china. Although they are the same tire the companies are owned by different people and are not connected. The owner of Sentry did work for T Y for a short time.
Skid steer solutions is just a reseller foe Maclaren.
All of these tires are on 20" rims except the nu air which is a 16"
As for the tires tearing at the holes YES this has been a problem in the past the round holes would build an hold heat breaking down the rubber. We saw this problem and had our brand tire redesigned with squire holes as a way to correct the problem.

I'm getting confused... :dizzy: ..on my set of Nu-Air tires from McLaren it says they are made in Thailand!!! Not that I care much as long as they last me another 1,000 hours :) :usflag: